Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2008, 03:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

I just got an 8T hopped up to the gills. I'm running a Trinity Platinum A. Drake edition engine w/works racing clutch 14TCB/48Spur. I know I need to replace the aluminum chassis braces. It also has aluminum spindles, spindle carriers & hub carriers. Do I need to replace any of these back to plastic.

Also the diffs are 7c/5f/2r. I am experiencing a really loose rear. It is definitely pushing from the rear more than pulling from the front. Any suggestions? I am familiar with losi's been running the 8B for a while.

Any suggestions or ideas are appreciated this is my 1st Truggy.
Old 12-31-2008, 05:01 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vladconnery
I just got an 8T hopped up to the gills. I'm running a Trinity Platinum A. Drake edition engine w/works racing clutch 14TCB/48Spur. I know I need to replace the aluminum chassis braces. It also has aluminum spindles, spindle carriers & hub carriers. Do I need to replace any of these back to plastic.

Also the diffs are 7c/5f/2r. I am experiencing a really loose rear. It is definitely pushing from the rear more than pulling from the front. Any suggestions? I am familiar with losi's been running the 8B for a while.

As far as your upgrades, you can keep the alum. chassis braces. nothing wrong with those. BUT DO get rid of the alum spindle carriers it will cause more heart ache then whats its worth.

and the center diff is to light/ do 10k in the center, it will help a lot, Any questions about set up you can look at losi.com and look under the set up sheets
Old 12-31-2008, 07:13 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vladconnery

Ditch the chassy braces....unless you run on a Hardpack Ultra smooth track...they aren't helping any....as for the knuckles and carrier's...there heavy and thats about it....they are tough...but as far as causing headaches thats BS....i ran them for over a season with No problems....the diff's....go 7 Front 10 Center 3 rear....its what i Always run.

ps good choice on motor's.

Originally Posted by motoclay
any updates on the 2.0 truck?? I sure would like to see one before i switch brands. If the 2.0 doesnt impress me im goin RC8T, i drove a buddies tonite, holy crap that thing is so smooth and fast. Seems to track and corner so well. Better built in my opinion too. But, i already have some Losi stuff, and if the 2.0 is up to par with the New Jammin' and RC8T I would be willing to stick with it. But, like i said, Losi has to step there game up in the Truck market!!

Step up their game ? What on gods green earth are you smoking ?
Old 12-31-2008, 08:07 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Step up their game ? What on gods green earth are you smoking ?[/QUOTE]

Im gona have to agree with integra on this one the losi trucks chassis layout and design is still way ahead of the jammin truck and associated truck.
Old 12-31-2008, 08:53 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default rear diff bearing inserts

I got a new 8T Race Roller, its never had a drop of fuel in it. After some reading I decided to put the aluminum rear diff inserts in before I have a problem. The fit in the bulk head was very tight. Once I put them in, they bound up the rear end really bad. Anyone else had this problem? Im new to the Losi brand and didnt know if this was something that would 'fix itself' during the run in, or if it should be smooth from the start...The stock plastic inserts didnt bind it up, so Im thinking something is wrong.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scoobie1
I got a new 8T Race Roller, its never had a drop of fuel in it. After some reading I decided to put the aluminum rear diff inserts in before I have a problem. The fit in the bulk head was very tight. Once I put them in, they bound up the rear end really bad. Anyone else had this problem? Im new to the Losi brand and didnt know if this was something that would 'fix itself' during the run in, or if it should be smooth from the start...The stock plastic inserts didnt bind it up, so Im thinking something is wrong.
run the stock plastic inserts or shave down the aluminum inserts. I would then get yourself a new 2.0 buggy rear bulkhead and put it on your truck. no diff issues with that setup.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:07 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 440 (99%+)

Originally Posted by scoobie1
I would put the stockers back in and run it for a little while to get everything good and broken in and then put the aluminum back in.

The same thing that happened to you has happened to me and many others.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by crazy 8t
Step up their game ? What on gods green earth are you smoking ?
Im gona have to agree with integra on this one the losi trucks chassis layout and design is still way ahead of the jammin truck and associated truck.[/QUOTE]

+1000
I'm prolly still gonna get the 2.0 but really losi is still THE BEST truggy out there. I have already heard talk about revisions to the associated truck. after what a couple of months of it being out.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MattP
I would put the stockers back in and run it for a little while to get everything good and broken in and then put the aluminum back in.

The same thing that happened to you has happened to me and many others.
Agreed. Run the stockers for atleast a gallon and then put the aluminum ones in. If they are still slightly tight then you can leave the 4 screws that hold the diff case togather 1/2 to 1 turn loose for a few tanks. then tighten them up and you are good to go.
Old 12-31-2008, 11:08 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

+1 Plastic for a gallon then alum.
Old 12-31-2008, 12:31 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks guys
Old 12-31-2008, 12:51 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Here's a little chart ive been working on for a while....Just though you guys might appreciate knowing the real weight's of tires n what not.

looks alot better in Excel but it wont let me post the Attachment in Excel format
Attached Files
File Type: doc
Buggy & Truggy Tire weight.doc (88.5 KB, 136 views)
Old 12-31-2008, 12:56 PM
Tech Addict

i dunno, maybe its just me, but i just dont like my Losi Truck. granted, its teh RTR chasis but damn, i dont see how a different chassis is going to make it turn better, or react as fast as some of the others ive driven. Maybe its just MY setup?? Until im railing with it, im keeping it as close to whats in the back of the manual as possible. I maybe happier too if i got a good stout engine in there. I dunno, i just drove the RC8T and instantly felt fast, and was actually having fun instead of cussing at it to turn or whatever.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:49 PM
K_B
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Sounds to me like you were already sold on the RC8T and bought the Losi anyway. If you thought the AE truck was so great, why not just go that direction in the first place?

Whenever somebody is buying a new rig, I always recommend that they buy what they want, not what they think might be better or what some stranger on the internet say is better. They almost always end up buying what they wanted in the end.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

its all in the setup, my 8t can turn under most buggies chances are the RC8T you dove was setup properly and your truck obviously is not if it has no steering.

truck is ride height sensitive, if you haven't checked your ride height after the springs take a set chances are the back of your truck is lower than the front. run 36mm front ride height with 38-40mm in the back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.