Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

my truck came with a yellowish color brake pad ive never seen before.. did losi revise them?
Old 08-30-2007, 09:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

My 8T's brakes are very weak! I'm using the JR 9000s for throttle/brake and find it very hard to brake. Anyone using different brake pads?
Old 08-31-2007, 02:29 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 8t

I thought the fuel line on the linkage was to soft so I changed it to some stiffer stuff and that did the trick.
Old 08-31-2007, 02:30 AM
Tech Master

Freefallmarine- You can use a 1/10th scale shock shaft as your rear outer hinge pin. You can modify it to use a capture screw if you really want.. or you can just use a 1/10th scale piston to hold one side in place, and still use the nut on the other side.
Old 08-31-2007, 07:19 AM
Tech Apprentice

As long as your hubs are at least 2 spacers back, the hinge pins will not break/bend with normal use. (not talking about a head on into one of your rear wheels or landing a big jump on one rear wheel.) There is too much leverage when running the hubs all the way forward or one spacer back. The stock hinge pins are fine with this setting.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeFriery
my truck came with a yellowish color brake pad ive never seen before.. did losi revise them?
I dont think they are a different material, probably just a different shade of the same material. My kit (s/n 1982) came with the white ones, i'm still running them, but i just put the yellow shaded ones on my 8ight, and i didn't really notice any difference.

Originally Posted by James Y
My 8T's brakes are very weak! I'm using the JR 9000s for throttle/brake and find it very hard to brake. Anyone using different brake pads?
you might want to look at what sracer said, and if you've run the truggy for a while, the disc's and pads are probably glazed. i've got about 4 gallons thru mine now, and i've taken them out twice and scuffed the disc's with a scotch brite pad to get all the build-up off, and just flipped the brake pads last weekend. I've been running the same JR 4800T throttle servo the whole time, she still stops on a dime.
Old 08-31-2007, 12:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Themajorhobby
As long as your hubs are at least 2 spacers back, the hinge pins will not break/bend with normal use. (not talking about a head on into one of your rear wheels or landing a big jump on one rear wheel.) There is too much leverage when running the hubs all the way forward or one spacer back. The stock hinge pins are fine with this setting.
I have run my hubs 2 spacers back and front and they still bent , Also truck handles better with Hubs forward . I just mashed a railroad tie throuh my hubs ,now they dont bend.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SHIZZILANILLA
I just mashed a railroad tie throuh my hubs ,now they dont bend.
??HUH???? What do you mean by "railroad tie"?
Old 08-31-2007, 07:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Choo,Chooooo.....
Old 08-31-2007, 11:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Red face

Joe and I made some out of drill blanks from the trickest of aircraft surplus supply stores. Joe said they are unbendium. I'll let you guys know if it is Shens or not. I think it is true tricknology at work here!
We have not bent any yet. The Lunsford ones suck!!

TEX
Old 09-02-2007, 08:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi all, I have just picked up a 8T and I am wondering what changes are being made to it. I haven't ran off-road for about 5 or 6 years (local track closed, had to go on-road) so I'm WAY out of the loop for information. I have to apologize for being too lazy to read all of the previous pages before asking............
Old 09-02-2007, 10:42 PM
Tech Champion

No changes needed. Just run it. I think in the 8ight thread someone posted to use a small piece of fuel tubing on the throttle linkage to absorb vibration the throttle servo might endure. Also using a one piece engine mount make maintenance very simple. Engine swaps or pulling for clutch inspection takes less than two minutes to pull the engine. If you got the RTR start planning for decent servos. Enjoy the truck, it's awesome.
Old 09-02-2007, 10:50 PM
Tech Master

i ran my eight t out of the box yeterday, with the exception of taking a few screws out and making sure they were loc-tited and it ran flawlessly, and the kit setup was really good.
Old 09-03-2007, 01:01 AM
Tech Adept

Default Outer Pins

I'm running these. Highly recommended.

http://www.m2cracing.com/product.sc?...&productId=158
Old 09-03-2007, 01:02 AM
Tech Addict

nice choice the 8T rocks here a small list of things that need attention

1. check all parts are loctited as some kits have had problems with screws coming loose, especially the front centre universal.

2.make sure that your end points on the throttle servo are set properly and that there is no binding (under braking especially). 3-5mm of fuel tubing on the pull side of the throttle servo horn is a must.

3. the plastic inserts in the factory servo horns have been known to strip on the steering servo so it might pay to get a solid aluminium horn for the steering.

4.the plastic rear bearing inserts wear pretty quickly on the 8T so it might pay to get the ali ones part# LOSA4430 theyre alot cheeper that replacing a crown and pinion gear.

5.clutch shoes either king heads 7075's or the dynamite long lifes would be my pick haven't tried the new losi long lifes yet

I'm sure there are things that other people have or are doing but these a just a few to get you started

have fun burn nitro

Adrian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.