R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-14-2008, 07:05 AM   #1471
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhenning11 View Post
Does anybody know what size the threads are in the alumimum front spindles? Thanks Mark
4-40 or 5-40 i cant remember....ill check in a little bit and report back
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 07:51 AM   #1472
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrhenning11 View Post
Does anybody know what size the threads are in the alumimum front spindles? Thanks Mark
4-40 or 5-40 i cant remember....ill check in a little bit and report back
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Old 06-14-2008, 06:32 PM   #1473
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)

I tried 4-40 too small 5-40 to big.
Old 06-17-2008, 03:59 AM   #1474
Tech Adept

Take a look at this
http://www.losi.com/Products/Feature...rodId=LOSA4403

mzl Hellsavage
Hellsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 07:30 AM   #1475
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsavage View Post

thats like months old....sorry hellsavage...a little late on that 1.
Old 06-17-2008, 08:14 AM   #1476
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to micrors4guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
thats like months old....sorry hellsavage...a little late on that 1.
accually that is new. that is for the 8t not the 8. I wont be buying that for the 8t tho. I have someone with a mill and i can do it myself.
micrors4guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2008, 12:21 PM   #1477
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrors4guy View Post
accually that is new. that is for the 8t not the 8. I wont be buying that for the 8t tho. I have someone with a mill and i can do it myself.

U are correct Micro...i thought they released both tuned chassy's at the same time...whoops.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:52 PM   #1478
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Man I love this truck. I was at a large race this weekend and I was kicking some a** till my engine started flaming. Dang it.

It's awesome watching the pro's. Those guys are out of this world when it comes to driving these things. I just sit there in amazement watching how much power they put down, and how they go through rythm sections so smooth AND fast. It seems that I can do one or the other but not both. LOL. I can be fast but it's not in total control. Or I can be smooth but I lose a lot of time to others.

Anyways, this T is still a great performer for me. I removed the front sway bar for this track. This helped very much with switch back sections, getting the steering real tight. But it also took away from the high speed stability when entering the next sweeper. Just FYI for someone wanting to try it.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 06:30 PM   #1479
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Werner

Air where did you go this past weekend? I have a Eight T now and look forward to getting mine on the track. Do you know what Frank uses for a starting setup locally?

Thanks for any info.

Jeff
Jeff Werner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2008, 08:38 PM   #1480
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

We went to middle Iowa. Waterloo/Evansdale area. It's northeast of Des Moines by about 2 hrs. It is a sweet place to race. And there was a lot of fast guys there. Unfortunately Frank couldn't make it to this one.

As for setup, he generally stays close to the stock setup. But I've never seen him race without changing something. Actually I think he'll change something for the worse so he has more of a challenge against us newbies. LOL. Just kidding. But I think one of the usual changes he sticks with is disconnecting/removing the front sway bar. I'll check rcsetups tonight and see if he has his recent T setups on there.

But remember this is Frank. He could drive an RC unicycle around the track faster than we can get the buggies around the track. LOL.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 05:45 AM   #1481
Tech Apprentice

Air and Integra,

Thanks for all your help over the last few months. The 3x3 rear setup is a killer setup with the 2.3mm rear sway. My rear end is totally rock solid now and I have won the Amain something like 4 out of the last 5 race weeks. I never got good details about the big bores, so I think the person who told me did not have any real knowledge. I did go up in rear shock oil wt to 35 from 30 and found at 85 degrees that the car jumped and landed much better with no loss of rear traction. I also rebuilt the shocks as needed with new oil all around and it was a job that was needed after 3 months of racing and not touching them from the out of the box. What motors are you guys using. I am using a GoTech 7 port with 053 pipe and it has top end that can't be beat.
cherokee180c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2008, 08:18 AM   #1482
Tech Lord

No problem cherokee..thats what were here for......as for motor's....ive been running a OS.28 for fun the last couple weekends...getting round 8-9 run time and with all the power i could need is awsome....i still got the jammin for those hardpack smooth tracks i get to every so often......as for pipes....Ofna/dynamite 086 and 053 is pretty versatile...same with the JP3...congrats on all the Amain wins....I bet 2nd isnt liking it too much.
Old 06-25-2008, 05:48 PM   #1483
Tech Apprentice

Just had a good string of luck and I can drive pretty good. The one race I lost I got beat by a 14 year old running an EB modded Vspec and that thing had the top end to stay with me, but was killing me with tons more torque through the tight sections. It turns out that the kid is a good driver, but lacks a bit of experience getting through traffic when we have a lot of good racers at the track. This week will be a big test.

I went out and purchased a PTM modded .25 6 port GoTech, but I have not even broke it in as I promised myself that until I start getting beat on HP, I would not retire the 7 port. I think I have most of the maintenance issues and minor design flaws on the 8T identified. Hopefully now it is just time to enjoy it and race each week.
cherokee180c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 03:52 PM   #1484
Tech Initiate

Does anybody know of a better replacement for the rear hub hinge pin part
#A6502. The stock ones bent so I replaced with th lunsford ones and just bent another one last race
halfempty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 04:44 PM   #1485
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

These will last a very long time. You just have to drill your arms and hubs.
SHIZZILANILLA is offline   Reply With Quote