R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 05-20-2008, 07:45 PM   #1396
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I'm thinking I'll just switch to the Ofna cause the LHS carries tons of it. He used to carry the Mugen but I haven't seen it for many, many months.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 11:10 PM   #1397
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 52 (98%+)
Default rear outer hinge pins

i keep going through rear outer hinge pins on my t only had this thing for a mounth and would like to know if there are any fixes out there. i am a machinst and thought about macking my own out of titiaum. but if there is a fix i would rather save my time thanks
mixedguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 11:11 PM   #1398
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 52 (98%+)
Default wreks power clutch

i am going to use the werks clutch has anyone used it and what are the pros and cons i run three classes and dont have time to service the alum shoes on the losi
mixedguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2008, 11:41 PM   #1399
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixedguy View Post
i keep going through rear outer hinge pins on my t only had this thing for a mounth and would like to know if there are any fixes out there. i am a machinst and thought about macking my own out of titiaum. but if there is a fix i would rather save my time thanks
I think the new grey colored outer hinge pins were better than the stock ones. I haven't bent any for several races now. But M2C also sells a kit for this. I think it's just drill blanks that are slightly larger in diameter. And you'd have to drill a larger hole in the arms. Several people use them and love them though.

http://www.bluegrasshobbies.com/bg/c...roducts_id=694

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 07:07 PM   #1400
Tech Regular

Hey guys,

I just bought some Mc2 clutch shoes. It says to use the losi stock springs so I bought some black, green, and gold for different setups. The springs don't work as the shoes have no hole. Anyone know about these shoes and setup? Part numbers for springs would be appreciated. Thanks guys
jgtruggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 07:45 PM   #1401
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to micrors4guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtruggy View Post
Hey guys,

I just bought some Mc2 clutch shoes. It says to use the losi stock springs so I bought some black, green, and gold for different setups. The springs don't work as the shoes have no hole. Anyone know about these shoes and setup? Part numbers for springs would be appreciated. Thanks guys
the springs still work with the m2c shoes. You rest the spring on the back of the shoe just like if the hole was there.
micrors4guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 08:07 PM   #1402
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrors4guy View Post
the springs still work with the m2c shoes. You rest the spring on the back of the shoe just like if the hole was there.
Thanks micro4guy I feel dumb
jgtruggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2008, 08:13 PM   #1403
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtruggy View Post
Thanks micro4guy I feel dumb
no problem. the m2c shoes are great they wear very well! but putting them on are a little more of a PITA than the other shoes with the holes in them.
Old 05-26-2008, 03:47 PM   #1404
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Hey all,
I just picked up a used 8ight T. No. 000678. As I was checking everything over, I realized I needed clutch shoes. I had ordered some shoes and springs and I was hoping someone might recommend a good combo for the T.

I have the losi long wear: LOSA9109 (4)
Losi blue alum: LOSA9108 (2)
Losi composite: LOSA9107 (2)

I have silver, gold and black springs

My track has moderate traction and can get dry and dusty, so I probably don't want too much punch.

I am planning to run this setup: http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/8...rake%20Std.pdf Does anyone see any changes that I should make? I know it shows four blue alum w/ silver springs, but I don't have four blue alum... only two... If you all think that the listed clutch setup is the way to go, I will order more shoes. Other wise, if I can use what I have, that would be great.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Old 05-26-2008, 06:31 PM   #1405
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tex1
Thumbs up Here you go....

54 holes - 60wt oil up front.
55 holes with 40 wt in the rear.
Adam's setups are super soft and bouncy.

Run 2 long wear shoes with gold and 1 carbon and 1 Blue with Green. The carbon will lubricate the aluminum shoes. To hit a little harder try gold on all four shoes. You can adjust from there but it is a good starting point.

Might pick up some white springs for the rear as well. Blacks in the front are fine.

For diff oils I settled on 10K - 15K(I had to make this) - 5K. I used Mugen oils.

Get you some good tires. Good luck and good racing!
TEX
tex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2008, 07:29 PM   #1406
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkas10 View Post
Hey all,
I just picked up a used 8ight T. No. 000678. As I was checking everything over, I realized I needed clutch shoes. I had ordered some shoes and springs and I was hoping someone might recommend a good combo for the T.

My track has moderate traction and can get dry and dusty, so I probably don't want too much punch.

I am planning to run this setup: http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/8...rake%20Std.pdf Does anyone see any changes that I should make? I know it shows four blue alum w/ silver springs, but I don't have four blue alum... only two... If you all think that the listed clutch setup is the way to go, I will order more shoes. Other wise, if I can use what I have, that would be great.

Thanks,
Jeremy
drive the truck 1st then come back and tell us what you are looking for the truck to do better. You cant set up a car you havent driven yet. Everyone has different driving styles. For clutch im running 2 maxlife shoes with 2 gold 2 green springs, but i also have the 50t spur on my car. The only change i have made from the box roller setup is the smaller rear swaybar and clutch set up. Other than that i find the truck to be good.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:44 PM   #1407
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkas10 View Post
Hey all,

My setup is pictured below and it is pretty much a DO-ALL setup. No complaints.
My track is very similar to your description. I get much more control by using restrictors in my carb than screwing with the clutch. My complete setup is HERE.

Old 05-26-2008, 09:28 PM   #1408
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Thanks Guys!

I'll throw the clutch together and finish checking the truck over. First race will be this weekend. I'll bug ya some more if I have any questions. Today, I was looking for a good place to start. Thanks again.
Old 05-27-2008, 02:13 PM   #1409
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW ET View Post
looks like my clutch bearings seized up today . this is only the second time runnng the truck. i'll have to take the clutch apart to verify this but the clutch bell will not turn freely from the engine.
i took the clutch apart over the weekend and the bearings did not seize up. it seems the screw that goes into the crank got tighter for some reason and clamped the clutch bell on to tight. as soon as i broke the screw loose everything was fine. i guess the clutch bell will need re-shimmed or something. the outside bearing (the bearing in the pinion gear) was very gritty and sounded like it was toast so it will need replaced.
LOW ET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 02:20 PM   #1410
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

sorry if this has been asked before but I am not searching through 3000 posts to find this. Does anyone run an Ofna chrome top starter box with their 8T? If so, is there any mods that need to be done? Any pics available? I just got my 8T and didnt realize it took a different starter box.