Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 01:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I also have the 3/3 plate now that I think about it. I also have the rear camber link in 1-A. The local pro said this would help, but I'm not sure what one would expect from this. Less camber gain??? is my thought
Old 04-28-2008, 10:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by air8
Try adding a slight amount of toe out to the front. This will kind of increase the turn in a bit, but you will push slightly coming out of the corner when you're on the throttle.

Or try going to 3 rear toe in. This will help tighten the truck up slightly and add stability.

Those are some of my suggestions. If anyone disagrees speak up please, don't let me lead someone in the wrong direction.
Thanks Air and Integra,

For now I am going to do the following:

1. Back to stock front springs (currently have the stiffest installed to tighten up rear) to fix rough handling through the woops
2. Switch to Proline Bow Ties
3. Switch rear sway bar to thinnest (2.3mm) to improve rear traction
4. Switch center diff fluid down from 10K to 7K to improve rear traction
5. Play with front toe in to tune

If this doesn't work out perfect I will start playing with droop.

Does this sound like a solid plan?

Lastly what adjustable rear hinge pin kit do I need to buy to go to the 3/3 rear end you guys are talking about?
Old 04-28-2008, 10:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)

Originally Posted by cherokee180c
Thanks Air and Integra,

For now I am going to do the following:

1. Back to stock front springs (currently have the stiffest installed to tighten up rear) to fix rough handling through the woops
2. Switch to Proline Bow Ties
3. Switch rear sway bar to thinnest (2.3mm) to improve rear traction
4. Switch center diff fluid down from 10K to 7K to improve rear traction
5. Play with front toe in to tune

If this doesn't work out perfect I will start playing with droop.

Does this sound like a solid plan?

Lastly what adjustable rear hinge pin kit do I need to buy to go to the 3/3 rear end you guys are talking about?

I had the same problem you were having when i 1st got the car. the only changes i have made to my set up was wheelbase and 2.3 swaybar. i am now running 2 shims in front one behind the rear hub. My car is very planted and easy to drive.

also, make only one change at a time.
Old 04-28-2008, 12:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

So you are running stock XTT's, stock front springs and only increased the wheelbase ever so slightly with the shims on the rear outer hinge pins and changed the sway bar and it tightened the car up that much?
Old 04-28-2008, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

yep. the car is much tighter now. But you have to take into consideration driving style. I run much like driving a electric car. I dont jab the throtal. I come in brake a little before the turn role threw the turn square off and role back on the throtal. I can get the car to break lose if I need to, but i find undercontrol to be faster. If all of that does not help also move the rear link to the "B" hole on the rear hub.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:15 PM
Tech Apprentice

I am actually very smooth on the throttle as well, but just found on my track the front is really hooked up, but the back likes to come around with the stock set up. The track has been dry and a bit dusty. Just too much steering. I went to the 2.3mm rear sway bar tonight with the stock black front springs, and picked up the adjustable rear hinge pin kit per Integra/Air at my LHS. I now have the 3/3 setup. Man 3 degrees of toe in looks like a hell of a lot compared to stock visually. I will hold off making any other changes until I put get the bow ties later this week and put it on the track to test it out. Thanks for the help.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:28 PM
Tech Elite

i believe the 0 inserts on the toe peices give you 3 degrees of toe in, and when you add another degree you are at 4. the instructions at 0's in front and reear will give you 3 toe 2 anti squat i believe
Old 04-28-2008, 08:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

I believe 0 matches the stock setting of 2 degrees tow in, which is what it says in my instructions. It also says that 1 degree in the outer orientation gives a total of 3 degrees of tow in. Can somebody else confirm that the instructions are correct and the most toe in you can get is 3 degrees?

The anti-squat looks fine with 1 degree in the upper position for 3 degrees total.
Old 04-28-2008, 08:50 PM
Tech Elite

Match it up with the stock toe peice. Im pretty shure they did the buggy stock settings for the kick peices not truggy stock settings.you can get a max of 4 degrees to
Old 04-29-2008, 02:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I'll check this when I get to the track this afternoon.
TEX
Old 04-29-2008, 04:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I keep breaking rear outer hinge pins. What do I do?
Old 04-29-2008, 05:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

Switch to the M2C 5/32" ones. They are very good and you should not bend or break them, but you will need to drill out the A-arms and knuckles with the included drill bit. All the reviews for the Lunsford titanium ones are poor.

Ok, I roughly measured the toe-in with a camber guage before I left for work this morning and darn if it doesn't look more like 4 degrees instead of 3 per micrors4guy. I assume that there must be a 1 degree toe in difference built into the lower A-arms of the truggy vs. buggy? Nothing like worthless instructions from Losi.

So to make this easy, what insert in what position is everyone running to end up with 3x3? I assume that the 1 deg. insert in the upper position is fine in the front for 3 total degrees of anti-squat? What insert in what position for toe in? Integra and Air, please confirm so that I can make sure I am running the same setup you guys recommended.

Thanks
Old 04-29-2008, 05:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I can't answer that right now. My vehicles are home and I'm at work. Don't worry though, micrors4guy and tex1 are great people to listen to. I have been learning from them for the last year. They know what they're talking about and they will provide an answer very similar to what I could find for you.
Old 04-29-2008, 06:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Switch to the M2C 5/32" ones. They are very good and you should not bend or break them, but you will need to drill out the A-arms and knuckles with the included drill bit. All the reviews for the Lunsford titanium ones are poor.

Thanks
Thanks, I just ordered them from AMain.
Old 04-29-2008, 08:02 AM
Tech Elite

Ok, I roughly measured the toe-in with a camber guage before I left for work this morning and darn if it doesn't look more like 4 degrees instead of 3 per micrors4guy. I assume that there must be a 1 degree toe in difference built into the lower A-arms of the truggy vs. buggy? Nothing like worthless instructions from Losi.

So to make this easy, what insert in what position is everyone running to end up with 3x3? I assume that the 1 deg. insert in the upper position is fine in the front for 3 total degrees of anti-squat? What insert in what position for toe in? Integra and Air, please confirm so that I can make sure I am running the same setup you guys recommended.

Thanks
the differance is that the buggy stock toe plate is 3 toe 2 anti, where the truggy is 3 anti 2 toe. The adjustable plates with 0 inserts set it to 3 anti (I believe) and 3 toe ( know this for shure)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.