R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 04-24-2008, 10:22 AM   #1276
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathsinstrument View Post
I just bought a Losi 8T from a buddy of mine and I've got a clutch assembly problem.
I am using the Werks Racing Power Clutch will it fit? I've mounted the clutch on the engine and I can't seem to get the stock 13T clutch bell to fit. When I screw down tightly, the clutch bell using the stock instruction, the clutch bell gets jammed. Am I supposed to tighten it tight or use locktite and tighten it just nice so that it does not jam?
MATH--it seems like you need to put some clutch bell shims in there. Put them on the outside of the inner bearing. This will push the CB away from the flywheel a little bit and free it up.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2008, 10:37 PM   #1277
Tech Adept

Quote:
I just bought a Losi 8T from a buddy of mine and I've got a clutch assembly problem.
I am using the Werks Racing Power Clutch will it fit? I've mounted the clutch on the engine and I can't seem to get the stock 13T clutch bell to fit. When I screw down tightly, the clutch bell using the stock instruction, the clutch bell gets jammed. Am I supposed to tighten it tight or use locktite and tighten it just nice so that it does not jam?
What do you see before screw down? Shaft is flush, above or below with edge of outer bearing? Shaft have to be above edge of outer bearing about 0.5mm.
vlad_vy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 06:32 AM   #1278
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

just wondering if someone can give me some good set-ups for the 8t
rcfreak03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 07:04 AM   #1279
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to micrors4guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcfreak03 View Post
just wondering if someone can give me some good set-ups for the 8t
the box stock set up with a 2.3 sway bar in the rear.
micrors4guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 08:27 AM   #1280
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad_vy View Post
What do you see before screw down? Shaft is flush, above or below with edge of outer bearing? Shaft have to be above edge of outer bearing about 0.5mm.
The shaft is about 3-4mm down the outer bearing. I was advised from my LHS to use VZ099 Kyosho Bell Guide Washer for the V1RRR. I bought it and went home to try it out, it required some shimming but it was too long. The washer was jutting out too much that it hut the fuel tank. After bolting down to the stock engine mount, it was hitting on the fuel tank.
Can anyone recommend me something shorter than the VZ099 but longer than the losi bearing washer?

Another question, is there a stronger replacement for the weak shock ends? My friend's break about every quart. Can I use the shock ends from other trucks?
mathsinstrument is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:24 AM   #1281
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokee180c View Post
I have an 8T RR and have a set up question. The 8T actually turns too well (off power and on power) on our track tending to make the back end loose. I am still using stock tires, and am thinking about going to either crime fighters or bow ties next to try them. I fixed this problem for more balanced handling through the turns by switching to the stiffest front springs that come in the RR kit. The car now turns perfect, but I think I am now loosing time through the bumpy sections of the track due to the stiffer front springs bouncing the car too much. What is the best change so that I can go back to the stock front springs, but tighten the car back up a bit? My first thought was to drop down to the lower diameter sway bar in the back first and if that did not work remove the sway bar altogether. Am I on the right track? I also thought about going from 7/10/5 to 7/10/3 on the diff oils? Am I headed the right way and what change first?

Thanks
Can any handling gurus out there help?
cherokee180c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 10:31 AM   #1282
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:

i only vary the set-up Slightly from track to track...but basically i go off the Stock set-up sheet...ive added a 3/3 rear toe plates...with -1 on the front Anti...camber is 2 front 3 rear...ive recently gone on the lighter side on the shock oils and im rather impressed with the handling...little things make big differences....try 1 at a time and see if u like what u feel.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2008, 11:54 PM   #1283
Tech Adept

Quote:
The shaft is about 3-4mm down the outer bearing. I was advised from my LHS to use VZ099 Kyosho Bell Guide Washer for the V1RRR. I bought it and went home to try it out, it required some shimming but it was too long. The washer was jutting out too much that it hut the fuel tank. After bolting down to the stock engine mount, it was hitting on the fuel tank.
Can anyone recommend me something shorter than the VZ099 but longer than the losi bearing washer?

Another question, is there a stronger replacement for the weak shock ends? My friend's break about every quart. Can I use the shock ends from other trucks?
May be that will be helpful - OFNA 1/8 Clutch Bells Shim Kit #10099

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...oducts_id/5428

Have you any gap between flyweel and crankcase? If there is any considerable gap you can grind down collet to lower flyweel. What collet do you use? Try to use original Losi collet.
vlad_vy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 09:02 AM   #1284
Tech Lord

that ofna shim kit is Junk.....u get a couple shims u can actually use...the rest are rubbish...For properly shimming the clutch u should be using Specific shims to do the job.....Ofna 5X8X.03 are Cheep...great to build up on if u need to make up space on the crank...now if im reading this right....ur problem is the crank is beneath the outter bearing race...U need this part LOSA9104...the round washer on the top right corner is what u need....and for Fine tuning the clutch u need These shims aswell. KYO96643
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Old 04-26-2008, 09:26 AM   #1285
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

drove my 8ight-t for the first time today using a os speed vz-b v spec. this thing is a rocket and is still being tuned. the brakes are very good also as i had them set to lock up, the truck flipped over when brakes were applied. adjusted them and all is good. so far this thing makes me
LOW ET is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2008, 05:17 PM   #1286
Tech Apprentice

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrors4guy View Post
the box stock set up with a 2.3 sway bar in the rear.
That is basically the change I was thinking about to help tighten up the car.

Integra,

What weight oils front and back are you now using and why did you go lighter?
cherokee180c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2008, 06:01 AM   #1287
Tech Champion

http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...p?storyid=3654

Has everyone seen the new Losi Lightweight rims for the truggy? Due mid-May.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
Old 04-27-2008, 06:31 AM   #1288
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by air8 View Post
http://www.neobuggy.net/modules/news...p?storyid=3654

Has everyone seen the new Losi Lightweight rims for the truggy? Due mid-May.

GOOD find Air.
Old 04-27-2008, 01:43 PM   #1289
Tech Champion

Quote:
Try adding a slight amount of toe out to the front. This will kind of increase the turn in a bit, but you will push slightly coming out of the corner when you're on the throttle.

Or try going to 3 rear toe in. This will help tighten the truck up slightly and add stability.

Those are some of my suggestions. If anyone disagrees speak up please, don't let me lead someone in the wrong direction.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
Old 04-27-2008, 01:56 PM   #1290
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by air8 View Post
Try adding a slight amount of toe out to the front. This will kind of increase the turn in a bit, but you will push slightly coming out of the corner when you're on the throttle.

Or try going to 3 rear toe in. This will help tighten the truck up slightly and add stability.

Those are some of my suggestions. If anyone disagrees speak up please, don't let me lead someone in the wrong direction.

ur right on par buddy.....the 3/3 rear really helps imo....one of these days ill do blank set-up sheet with my set-up on it for suggestions.