R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-07-2008, 05:31 PM   #1216
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 282
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by superdave2 View Post
if it has the stock 427 motor in it the whole clutch set up is junk i have a muggy with the 427 in it and after about 4 tanks after the break in the whloe clutch deal just fell apart the berings were shot the shoes were gone and the bell was fried and that is the way it came from the factory but after i got a vented bell dynamite shoes and some aftermarket bearing i havent had a single problem with that engine i really like the 427 its got all the power i need and more and its a reliable 1 too after the clutch deal
The reason your clutch was junk was because it was in a Muggy. They have had chronic clutch issues.
__________________
J.C. Johnson
whoajoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:44 PM   #1217
Tech Regular
 
jgtruggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Portland,OR
Posts: 450
Default

I'm having a hell of a time trying to put my clutch shoes on the losi black flywheel. It seems tighter than the blue. I made sure the hardware fit which it does. Any tricks I feel like an idiot right now as I've tried for 1/2 hour with no luck. I've put many shoes on before. Should I hallow out the bottom holes?


Thanks for any advice.
__________________
Losi SCTE
Tekin RX8/Tekin Pro-4 4000kv
Topgearhobbies.com
jgtruggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2008, 08:55 PM   #1218
Tech Champion
 
air8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hutch, KS
Posts: 5,748
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtruggy View Post
I'm having a hell of a time trying to put my clutch shoes on the losi black flywheel. It seems tighter than the blue. I made sure the hardware fit which it does. Any tricks I feel like an idiot right now as I've tried for 1/2 hour with no luck. I've put many shoes on before. Should I hallow out the bottom holes?


Thanks for any advice.
Check out the taper that is put on the clutch pins. Use that taper by rotating the pin back and forth to work it through the holes in the clutch shoe. I disliked this when I first started running the Losi, but now I prefer it. Also, after starting the clutch pin through the first hole you need to push the clutch shoe down flat against the flywheel. This way the pin will line up with the rear clutch shoe hole.
__________________
--Driver...you are cleared into the track.....Smoke On.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 07:31 AM   #1219
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Covington, La.
Posts: 3,585
Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to micrors4guy
Default

the steel fly wheel is harder to get the shoes on because the spring will not dig into the flywheel any. Easiest way to get them on is wit some non scratch pliers so you can get the holes lined up.

The steel flywheel is going to kill your bottom end in the truck. I would stick with the stock flywheel and adjust with clutch springs.
micrors4guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 07:33 AM   #1220
Tech Regular
 
jgtruggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Portland,OR
Posts: 450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by air8 View Post
Check out the taper that is put on the clutch pins. Use that taper by rotating the pin back and forth to work it through the holes in the clutch shoe. I disliked this when I first started running the Losi, but now I prefer it. Also, after starting the clutch pin through the first hole you need to push the clutch shoe down flat against the flywheel. This way the pin will line up with the rear clutch shoe hole.
The last part is where I'm having trouble. Trying to get the pin in the last hole. I push the clutch shoe against the wheel and move it it small increments but haven't had any luck. I'll be back at it today.
__________________
Losi SCTE
Tekin RX8/Tekin Pro-4 4000kv
Topgearhobbies.com
jgtruggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 07:40 AM   #1221
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,482
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

jgtruggy...did u make the ends of the pins pointy?....using a dremel and putting a SPIKE on the end of the pin makes life 100000X easier when doing a losi clutch....try it ull be suprised.
__________________
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 07:55 AM   #1222
Tech Regular
 
jgtruggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Portland,OR
Posts: 450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
jgtruggy...did u make the ends of the pins pointy?....using a dremel and putting a SPIKE on the end of the pin makes life 100000X easier when doing a losi clutch....try it ull be suprised.
Thanks integra. I'll do it when I get home. I was thinkin along those lines but wasn't sure if it would affect my performance.
__________________
Losi SCTE
Tekin RX8/Tekin Pro-4 4000kv
Topgearhobbies.com
jgtruggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2008, 09:49 AM   #1223
Tech Champion
 
air8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hutch, KS
Posts: 5,748
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Just make sure not to remove too much material. Don't want to lose the strength of the pin.
__________________
--Driver...you are cleared into the track.....Smoke On.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 04:07 PM   #1224
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Virginia Beach, Virginia
Posts: 66
Default

ttt
__________________
Losi 8ight-B, flex chassis, O.S. .21
Losi 8ight-T Race Roller, JR 9000 T&S, O.S. MAX 28XZ
Spektrum DX3R
Losi Modified Aftershock
HPI Baja 5B
rescuemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 07:03 PM   #1225
Tech Regular
 
jgtruggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Portland,OR
Posts: 450
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by air8 View Post
Just make sure not to remove too much material. Don't want to lose the strength of the pin.
Worked perfectly. Thanks for the info.
__________________
Losi SCTE
Tekin RX8/Tekin Pro-4 4000kv
Topgearhobbies.com
jgtruggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 11:31 PM   #1226
Tech Elite
 
Teufel Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Sparks Nv.
Posts: 2,134
Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default

Anyone have issues with the rear diff bearings, left side? Granted bearings wear out and need regular maint., but it seemed to me that side wanted to let go first on the truggy. I checked the buggy and the same thing only not as bad yet. I plan on putting new ones in, but had hoped to get alittle more out of them. Truggy had about for races and the buggy had a half season on it. When I rebuilt them both for the season they felt fine and I relubed them. I know I should have just replaced them from the start. Kind of a pain to tear down the whole diff just to replace one bearing (since I will have it apart it will be both). Any advice on keeping them as clean as possibile while in car/ truck? I can blow tham out with air, but after that its not an easy place to get in to. Might try some q-tips next time.
Teufel Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 07:01 AM   #1227
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,482
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufel Racing View Post
Anyone have issues with the rear diff bearings, left side? Granted bearings wear out and need regular maint., but it seemed to me that side wanted to let go first on the truggy. I checked the buggy and the same thing only not as bad yet. I plan on putting new ones in, but had hoped to get alittle more out of them. Truggy had about for races and the buggy had a half season on it. When I rebuilt them both for the season they felt fine and I relubed them. I know I should have just replaced them from the start. Kind of a pain to tear down the whole diff just to replace one bearing (since I will have it apart it will be both). Any advice on keeping them as clean as possibile while in car/ truck? I can blow tham out with air, but after that its not an easy place to get in to. Might try some q-tips next time.



do u have the dirt sheilds ? they help tremendously with keeping the rear end clean.....my truggy rarely needs more then a Bit of air and a toothbrush to knoc off the caked on stuff.
__________________
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 01:55 PM   #1228
Tech Champion
 
air8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Hutch, KS
Posts: 5,748
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teufel Racing View Post
Anyone have issues with the rear diff bearings, left side? .
Not really. I have the rear aluminum bearing inserts on mine. I'd inspect the diff case. Sounds like it is letting the bearing and bearing insert move around.

those lexan dirt shields make a difference. It's good. Just use scrap lexan and shape them to fit. Take the suspension articulation into condiseration too.
__________________
--Driver...you are cleared into the track.....Smoke On.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 01:58 PM   #1229
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Covington, La.
Posts: 3,585
Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to micrors4guy
Default

thoes lexan suspension cover things look gay tho.
micrors4guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 02:06 PM   #1230
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,482
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by micrors4guy View Post
thoes lexan suspension cover things look gay tho.


In ur oppinion....Id much rather have a smooth Dirt free rear end...as appose to caking the arms/bones/shocks in Grime.....any racer will know how nice they are to have.
__________________
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Losi 8ight-T Truggy Pro Roller, 10 truggy tire/wheel sets deskwarmer R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 60 10-03-2008 08:29 AM
Losi-8T Truggy or Mugen MBX5t truggy 8IGHT-TMAN Nitro Off-Road 1 01-24-2008 06:47 PM
Losi 8ight Truggy vs/or Losi Muggy????? rclab1 Monster Trucks 5 11-22-2007 03:56 PM
*LIKE NEW LOSI 8IGHT BUGGY AND TRUGGY, 3PKS w/FASST, NINJA .21, 21-5,LOSI BOX, * MattP R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 12 09-16-2007 11:33 AM
mugen truggy/ losi truggy Ultraspeed84 Electric Off-Road 4 05-30-2007 06:58 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:48 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net