R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 03-20-2008, 08:04 PM   #1171
Tech Apprentice

How is the JP-4 Pipe working out. Is there such thing as a all in one pipe? I have the 086 Dynamite Platimum pipe. It seems pretty good. I am wondering how they compare.
Losi Modified Aftershock
HPI Baja 5B
rescuemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 06:06 AM   #1172
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by rescuemann View Post
How is the JP-4 Pipe working out. Is there such thing as a all in one pipe? I have the 086 Dynamite Platimum pipe. It seems pretty good. I am wondering how they compare.

what motor do u run ? the 086 has proven to be 1 the best track pipes there is...Period....I love it.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2008, 09:06 AM   #1173
Tech Apprentice

I am running the O.S. .28xz. Love the motor and pipe combination. I also run the 8ight B. Wondering if the pipes are similar or if I need to get another pipe over the 086.
Losi Modified Aftershock
HPI Baja 5B
rescuemann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 07:42 AM   #1174
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to trvlngman357
Default losi 8T

well i have returned to the losi brand and I must say that so far so good Im really enjoying the truggy, even though my buggy gave me hell I had so many problems with the buggy that i had vowed to never get another losi vehicle, buy yet here I am with the truggy. But this time it seems different. Handles a little different and hasnt broken to many parts yet. My buggy never made a Main race just qualifiers everywhere i went if it wasnt one thing it was another and being that i had been to many brands of buggy I just couldnt get it to set up correctly for my driving style and then once i did i kept having problems with the ring and pinion in the rear i changed every part back there bearings plastic dif dif casing all of it and i could not make it thru a day with it.
But so far the truggy doesnt seem to have that problem. Not to mention the buggy i had was one of the first ones released so maybe that issue has been taken care of Im not sure if anyone else knows i would love to know I might just pick me up a new losi 8b and see what happens from there. Because Im loving the 8T so much.
sorry its so long and confusing but i just had to get it off my chest and see what others have had problems with.
Old 03-23-2008, 08:19 AM   #1175
Tech Regular

Welcome back...

I understand what you mean as I really liked my 8ight B, but I absolutely love everything about the 8ight T much better. Not sure what it is, but it seems to drive better. Maybe it's the added weight or my lack of skills, but it seems to be a different animal to me.

I kept most of my upgrades and transplanted them into the truggy and so far I'm extremely happy.

Here are some pictures when I first put it together. Only difference now is that it's a little dirtier... LOL...

luisv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 09:07 AM   #1176
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

How ya liken the Go Tech.21 now. Got much fuel through it?
I'm considering the pico p7r or the go tech (i hear there pretty much the same)
ShotGunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 09:13 AM   #1177
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotGunn View Post
How ya liken the Go Tech.21 now. Got much fuel through it?
I'm considering the pico p7r or the go tech (i hear there pretty much the same)

Id go with a JPX version of the P7r modded by Ab or Clockwork...the Jammin version for the fact that Picco heads fall apart on occasion.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Old 03-23-2008, 09:45 AM   #1178
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by trvlngman357 View Post
well i have returned to the losi brand and I must say that so far so good Im really enjoying the truggy, even though my buggy gave me hell I had so many problems with the buggy that i had vowed to never get another losi vehicle, .

Welcome back. LOL. That's too bad you had so many probs with your buggy. Mine has just crept over the 14 gallon mark and all three diffs have been refreshed with fluid; THAT'S IT. Not even one gasket replacement.

I hope you enjoy the truck. There are few things you can do to bullet proof the truck. I don't know how much of the thread you've read, but we've tried to keep the list within a few pages.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 09:58 AM   #1179
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to tex1
Wink What a bummer......

I had the ring and pinion gear deal in the rear of my buggy. It was due to the whole diff assy being able to move away from the input gear. I solved it by taking all of the slop up and limiting the potential movement with shims between the diff case and the bearing on the left side. This forces the diff case and ring gear to stay towrds the input gear. Now it is smooth and consistant and can't back away. I have seen this a couple of times on other people's cars but have never had it happen to me.
Fixed now!
Hope this helps someone,
TEX
tex1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 03:02 PM   #1180
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
Id go with a JPX version of the P7r modded by Ab or Clockwork...the Jammin version for the fact that Picco heads fall apart on occasion.
Where do i find the jpx version?
Old 03-23-2008, 03:10 PM   #1181
Tech Adept

Another Question, the Losi 8 8T starter box. Some guys say it total junk some to rewire an break in the motors before using an there fine. should i stay away?
Old 03-23-2008, 04:47 PM   #1182
Tech Lord

the Jammin JPX can be had at any LHS or online....its made by Jammin...but its the exact same thing as the Picco version....and the Losi box is the BOMB....i would reccomend it Highly...there were issues in the beginning with faulty motor's which was quckly resolved....i also Highly reccomend rewiring and breakin in the motor's also.
Old 03-23-2008, 07:32 PM   #1183
Tech Adept

The Losi box is worth every cent. I bought me a Losi box and ran in the motors kept my Ofna Chrometop as a back up. I sold the Ofna box after 2 weeks the losi box is as strong (use a gell cell its A+).

Asked a Q a few days ago and didnt get a straight answer. I figured it out myself. The rear hinge pins were bent very bad. This is wy she was very nervus in the rear.
Just fore info

mzl Hellsavage
Hellsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 09:09 PM   #1184
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsavage View Post
The Losi box is worth every cent. I bought me a Losi box and ran in the motors kept my Ofna Chrometop as a back up. I sold the Ofna box after 2 weeks the losi box is as strong (use a gell cell its A+).

Asked a Q a few days ago and didnt get a straight answer. I figured it out myself. The rear hinge pins were bent very bad. This is wy she was very nervus in the rear.
Just fore info

mzl Hellsavage
I still have the first run of the Losi boxes. I guess I was lucky cause I'm breaking in a third engine on it. No problems yet.

Hellsavage---I think my buddy indaway was replying to you. His post is on the bottom of page 39. Very last post on the page. I didn't reply cause he did. Sorry bud. I check for bent hinge pins often. I remove the wheels and use a hex driver to spin the hinge pin while it's in place. That way I can see if the hub is moving around. Umm...somewhere in this thread a few people used hardened steel blanks cut down to size and threaded on the ends to use nylock nuts.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2008, 09:39 PM   #1185
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default jp3 pipe

hi there.
i have been hearing that jp3 pipe is good for truggy application. does any one here know exactly the name of this pipe or the code name to iit?
cheerss

[QUOTE=air8;4288549]I still have the first run of the Losi boxes. I guess I was lucky cause I'm breaking in a third engine on it. No problems yet.

Hellsavage---I think my buddy indaway was replying to you. His post is on the bottom of page 39. Very last post on the page. I didn't reply cause he did. Sorry bud. I check for bent hinge pins often. I remove the wheels and use a hex driver to spin the hinge pin while it's in place. That way I can see if the hub is moving around. Umm...somewhere in this thread a few people used hardened steel blanks cut down to size and threaded on the ends to use nylock nuts.[/QUOT
rossii is offline   Reply With Quote