R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-08-2008, 06:45 PM   #976
Tech Regular

OOPS I hit enter twice and it posted twice!
BOOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 07:01 PM   #977
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Over time my servo saver loosens up to the point where the spring is pushing against the chassis and the steering is very slow and sluggish. Keep an eye on that.
revo_race is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 10:52 PM   #978
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crasher View Post
I've been racing my 8T for a few weeks steady now and I seem to be losing steering, but only to the right. It looks like I had an issue with the fuel line getting caught between the links and the mud guards but I've moved the fuel line. I'm still not getting the tight right turns I used to get. At a stand still, my tires seem to throw all the way in both directions but when racing, might right turn is real wide. I feel like I'm driving my first ofna buggy with the stock steering servos. That thing had a turning radius of about 35 feet.
Is this something the aluminum servo saver top might help correct?

Matthew
When you find the spot you like for the servo saver use a little loctite on the threads so it won't back out.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:34 AM   #979
Tech Initiate

Got my 8ight truggy today and I love it.
Just wish i could drive it around or even start it up.
For some reason I can not seem to get my starter and flywheel on the car alligned proberly. Only thing left to do to my car is paint the body and run it in.

Does anyone know of any good mods to do straight away or do you just keep it stock. I brought the race roller not the RTR.

Here are some pics of my beast.
Attached Thumbnails
Losi Truggy-eight-truggy-001.jpg   Losi Truggy-eight-truggy-002.jpg  
team losi guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 04:45 AM   #980
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRCaddict View Post
I'ver heard of people putting the OFNA motors inside the losi box

Does anyone know the correct part number for these OFNA motors and will that be the same number marked on the motor case? I bought a used Losi starter box that came with extra motors, and were suppposedly hop up motors, but they have a different part number than the stock ones. I want something a little stronger than the stockers. They have a tough time turning over V-Specs unless they are heated first with the 12 volt gel cell I have. I'm going to get some stick batteries and see if that helps.
looneytune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:07 AM   #981
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by looneytune View Post
Does anyone know the correct part number for these OFNA motors and will that be the same number marked on the motor case? I bought a used Losi starter box that came with extra motors, and were suppposedly hop up motors, but they have a different part number than the stock ones. I want something a little stronger than the stockers. They have a tough time turning over V-Specs unless they are heated first with the 12 volt gel cell I have. I'm going to get some stick batteries and see if that helps.

huh ? ur box came with extra motor's ? and how can u heat the motor with a gel Cell ?
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 07:18 AM   #982
Tech Regular

Sorry, kind of worded that wrong. I have a 12 volt battery in my Losi starter box and it has a tough time starting the V-Spec unless I heat the motor with a heat gun. Once they are running, it's fine. The V-Specs are new.
I bought another Losi box off Ebay that supposedly had hop up motors in it, plus the stock ones which are soldered in. Well, those stock ones don't work, but I tested the other "hop up motors" and they spin. I just want to make sure they are the correct ones before I install them in the second box I bought. I was planning on selling first box to a friend that is just starting out, so I figured with the two boxes we had and the extra parts that came with the one from Ebay, we would be all set for next year. Of course the one I got on Ebay doesn't work. I'll fix it, but I'm not happy.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:21 AM   #983
Tech Lord

12v gel cell works wonder's...but ur dealing with a Notoriously TIGHT BN mill...so hsving to heat it up is imo normal....guarenteed the OFNA truggy box would struggle to turn over a COLD brand New V-spec also....i read somewhere that Emaxx motor's are a direct swap in...aside from the pinion issues...which im sure can easlisy be solved with a dremel.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Old 01-09-2008, 11:49 AM   #984
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Steering

My confusion with my steering is that I've only lost steering to the right. Anybody else with ideas? I am checking with the LHS for the aluminum servo saver top.

Matthew
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 12:39 PM   #985
Tech Lord

Quote:
My confusion with my steering is that I've only lost steering to the right. Anybody else with ideas? I am checking with the LHS for the aluminum servo saver top.

Matthew

what does ur servo do on the bench ? what kind of servo is it ?
Old 01-09-2008, 12:51 PM   #986
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I remember it's a hitec servo around 200oz. Can't remember the exact model number. Sitting still it cranks to both sides easily.

matthew
Crasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 01:22 PM   #987
Tech Regular

Quote:

Matthew
Well my plastic servo saver was worn on one side which made it do what yours is doing and check the tension on the servo saver that will contribute.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:32 PM   #988
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by team losi guy View Post
Does anyone know of any good mods to do straight away or do you just keep it stock.
Just get the Aluminum rear bearing inserts and the centre diff bearing adapter for now, that will only set you back about $16 bux.
A dace maunfacturing rear skidplate will help save your chassis.
KHZ extended engine mount will help keep your clutch bearings smoother for longer.
And the list goes on......
Old 01-09-2008, 02:35 PM   #989
Tech Regular

Quote:

Matthew
When you remove the arm from the servo, does the linkage move freely back and forth? Mine was bound up and the servo saver nut had backed off and was hitting the chassis like others have said. Everything has to move smoothly before you check anything else. If it hits the stops on both sides of the wheels and the servo is working correctly and is centered, maybe the endpoints got screwed up?
Old 01-09-2008, 05:54 PM   #990
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Quote:

Matthew
Like the others posted, take stuff apart, look closely while it's in your hands. Where ever you work on it, check linkages, loose screws, steering king pins bent, bearings worn out, etc... There are a ton of things you can check. Get in there and find it. The report back to us. LOL. Have you checked the servo saver nut yet? Try driving in a small circle on flat ground in front of yourself, and see if the turning radius is the same both ways.

Do you mean it won't turn at all, or it won't turn as well?

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote