Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2007, 10:26 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

what...a lean bog from a fast throttle servo.........i run the Rangiest of .21's and also run a 3PKFaast on HRS with my throttle speed at 100% and ushally some Expo on the + side on throttle.....the Mechanics are soo up to the Job....but i think u need to check into other things...like clutch and maby the truck itself....i dont see how that would make Any sence.....maby ur carb is sticking when it gets hott..or something is up with the linkages...i dunno.....i doubt its a servo issue....and why would u need 300+ oz on throttle ? do u run lipo to keep all that power on tap ?
Old 12-26-2007, 10:34 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I also like a faster servo for steering. I use servos with 200oz @ .10 Personally they work the best for me. Slows the throttle down, which I could do with the radio, but when I started the radio I had did not have servo speed adjustments. So I have just stuck with a slower servo for throttle. I really enjoyed going from .15 to .10 on the steering servo. I know most people wouldn't notice much difference, but the vehicles felt much better after the switch.
Old 12-27-2007, 02:31 AM
Tech Regular

I also use the JR Z9000S for steering and the T for throttle but I use them the other way around for the truggy, being heavier steering and all. Some people need to learn throttle control.
Old 12-27-2007, 03:28 PM
Tech Adept

Heres one of the most stupid Questions.
Can someone tell me witch spring is the hardest going down to the softest, in collors.
Thanks in advance

mzl Hellsavage

I can not find it anywhere. I gues my mistake
Old 12-27-2007, 04:41 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Hellsavage
Heres one of the most stupid Questions.
Can someone tell me witch spring is the hardest going down to the softest, in collors.
Thanks in advance

mzl Hellsavage

I can not find it anywhere. I gues my mistake
Here ya go Savage, scroll about halfway down the page and you'll find the springs with length and rates.

http://www.losi.com/Products/Related...s&SubCategory=
Old 12-27-2007, 05:58 PM
Tech Adept

@air8
Thanks man but this leaves me dizzy
The longer ones are for the rear and the short ones are the front.
now I have in my 8T race roller package:
Front the short ones
Black
whith
grey
Back the long ones
Grey
White
Purple

Please compare this to the Losi site.
I came up whit:
Front the short ones
Red
Zilver
Green
White
Grey

now where are the black ones?

Back the long ones
Red
Zilver
Green
Black
White
Purple

Now where are the Grey ones?

Am I missing out on something? Or do I see it the wrong way?

Thanks Hellsavage
Old 12-27-2007, 09:54 PM
Tech Champion

OK. I worked it out and put in all the springs in order from softest to firmest
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
8T spring chart.pdf (357.7 KB, 197 views)
Old 12-28-2007, 12:08 PM
Tech Adept

Air8 Thanks man

mzl Hellsavage
Old 12-28-2007, 03:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I plan on making a trip to the Silver State race in March. Anyone know if the Stock Losi Truggy tires work there? Or should I just bring some Holeshots and be done with it?
Old 12-30-2007, 11:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

What weight shock oils are you guys using front/rear? The drake setup says 27.5 rear and 42.5 front. I don't care too much for setup sheets because everyone's driving style is different, and the track conditions can vary quite a bit from where one person is driving in comparison to anyone else on this online community. So basically what I'm asking is what springs are you using and what weight shock oils, and what type of track are you driving on? Generally are your front springs stiffer and shock oils thicker than what you are using in the rear (like the drake setup suggests?).
Old 12-31-2007, 12:00 AM
Tech Regular

So you are basically asking us for our setup sheets right???
I keep it stock, make sure you use the right tyres for your surface then start changing the stock setup. I find the stock setup more than sufficient for most tracks, adjust a little spring tension here or there if there is big jumps.

What do other 8T owners think??
Old 12-31-2007, 12:04 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BOOST
So you are basically asking us for our setup sheets right???
I keep it stock, make sure you use the right tyres for your surface then start changing the stock setup. I find the stock setup more than sufficient for most tracks, adjust a little spring tension here or there if there is big jumps.

What do other 8T owners think??
I bought it used and am not at all familiar with what the stock springs/oils are. It's been a big guessing game for me as far as the suspension goes...also the diffs as well. I just redid the three diffs and rear shocks but need to do the front shocks now and since I don't have any shock oil between 30 weight or 50 weight I pretty much have to buy new stuff and want to make sure I get something somewhat close to being 'right'. I might just try the 50 weight I have to see what happens, I've got some stiff springs (white) to go up front too so maybe I'll give that a shot and see how it goes.
Old 12-31-2007, 01:38 AM
Tech Regular

Did you not get a manual with it?? Losi have one you can download, same as the one that comes with the kit. It has all the oils used and a full exploded view of everything.

Diff fluid is F 7000/ C 10000/ R 5000
Front suspension setup is black springs, 2.3mm sway, 54 piston and 45 wt oil.
Rear suspension setup is grey springs, 2.7mm sway, 56 piston and 30wt oil.

A few posts back is the spring rate guide to let you know what is hard to soft.
Old 12-31-2007, 05:32 PM
Tech Champion

I still run my truck pretty much stock. If I've changed something I usually went back to stock cause I didn't notice or didn't like it. But my only change is moving the rear inner camber link down to the #4 hole on the tower. I did like that change. Besides, if I don't like it during practice or a qualifier I can change it back.

don't be afraid to experiment guys. I'm sure that's how the pros end up with their setup sheets. They have a starting point and then tweak from there. if the vehicle doesn't do what they expect they change back. Just make sure you're having fun.
Old 12-31-2007, 06:15 PM
Tech Regular

Thats it man it is all in the name of fun. Just make small adjustments do a few laps if you notice the change then you can figure out how if affects the handling, it's the only real way to learn your vehicle. Not to mention it is all part of the FUN!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.