Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi Truggy

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2007, 05:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

If you have any questions about the GO motors, be sure to ask Jason Halvorson in the GO Engines Thread here on RC tech. He is a wizard when it comes to these engines. Plus the main distributor checks the thread just about everyday.

The Mach engines are fantastic. I have 13 gallons on mine with NO pinch, resleeve, air leaks. But I have started to notice the performance not as crisp. So I'm going to put in a new piston/sleeve and hope for another 13 gallons. LOL. But I also need new bearings and to check the condition of the crank pin. I will probably always keep a Mach on hand for my truggy. It is a very good engine, and from what some have told me, the Mach does well with modifying the sleeve a little. I've never done it to mine though. In stock form the Mach tunes easily, tons of grunt, and durable. The price is waaayy low for what you get. So don't let the price keep you away. Plus it has stood up to all the abuse I could throw at it. It was my first big block engine to own and when I didn't have the needles set right, it would let you know, and tuning was easy. I would not put a torque pipe with this engine though. Too much punch and it will limit the top end slightly. Use a mid pipe or high pipe. Performance will be better throughout the whole range. I use the JP-3 on mine. The JP-1 was ridiculous. Tires wouldn't stop spinning--EVER!!

I haven't seen the AXE engines in person, so I can't comment there. I do have interest in trying one someday.
Old 12-19-2007, 08:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by team losi guy
Once you are finshied breaking it in let us know how it performs.
Will they work in 30 + degrees c heat and still run fine.

Stephen
hey steven
I've been running a 7pt turbo in my 8T and love it I've got about 8-10 gallons on it and its still on the original parts, bearings, rod etc

the Hong Nor or GO 2047 pipe seems to be the best combo I've found so far

can't see it being a problem running in 30+ temps as long as you have the right plug and tune

start off with a novarossi #6 plug if you go for the turbo and you should be fine

performance wise the 7pt has a tone of top end and has good bottom end but not as good as the 5pt and they both have more than enough grunt to through an 8T around a track

Adrian
Old 12-20-2007, 04:08 AM
Tech Initiate

thanks for ur advise guys not sure whether to get the axe cobra or the go tech 7 port. Everyone here in australia at my local track runs axe cobra's so not quite sure whether to get a go tech. How much are they worth and where can u get them from.

thanks stephen
Old 12-20-2007, 11:48 AM
Tech Addict

hey losi guy

Massive mods is the aussie distributor of the go tech engines and he does some mighty fine modded versions aswell for less than you would probably pay for a standard axe

heres the web site

www.massivemods.com

Adrian
Old 12-21-2007, 02:49 AM
Tech Initiate

thanks for all of ur help guys i orderded my race roller today.
I will prob end up going the axe at the moment till I talk to mark at massive mods on monday.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

You won't be dissappointed.
Old 12-22-2007, 05:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default finally i ran my losi truggy

yo all losi truggy owner here, jus to share with u guys, i finally got my truggy on the ground. its equipped with rb c6 engine. stil running in stage. but i can feel tat this truggy have lot of steering. just great.
one thing i notice the brake need to be wear a bit so that it will be braking well, is that true?
Old 12-22-2007, 08:31 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

What seems to be one of the better brake upgrades for these trucks? My faded like crazy throughout the day today and I was quite disappointed. They are new but just the stock Losi parts. I'd like to upgrade to something better.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:51 PM
Tech Elite

I have never had any problem's with mine........Are you sure that they are ajusted properly??

I also run alot of front bias......

Three gallons on the original shoes...Still stops on a dime.....
Old 12-22-2007, 09:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default brake upgrade advisible ?

Originally Posted by revo_race
What seems to be one of the better brake upgrades for these trucks? My faded like crazy throughout the day today and I was quite disappointed. They are new but just the stock Losi parts. I'd like to upgrade to something better.
so in other word its better to upgrade the brake ???
Old 12-22-2007, 10:13 PM
Tech Elite

who knows where i can order the Aluminum diff cases???
Old 12-22-2007, 10:14 PM
Tech Regular

They are adjusted properly. I'm not the only one that seems to think the stock brakes suck. I talked with a local Losi driver that pretty much races every weekend and he said he had a lot of brake fade over time and had to change the brakes too (I didn't get the chance to ask him what he is using though). They work great for the first 10 minutes but after that it starts fading.
Old 12-22-2007, 10:14 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Factory Seal
who knows where i can order the Aluminum diff cases???
You can order them direct from the UK...
Old 12-22-2007, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

They are adjusted properly. I'm not the only one that seems to think the stock brakes suck. I talked with a local Losi driver that pretty much races every weekend and he said he had a lot of brake fade over time and had to change the brakes too (I didn't get the chance to ask him what he is using though). They work great for the first 10 minutes but after that it starts fading.
iusually only run three 5 min qual,And a 30min main in one day......
Please tell me what upgrade you come up with...............

I dont use them alot, WFO..LOL!
Old 12-22-2007, 10:21 PM
Tech Elite

You can order them direct from the UK...
Who From???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.