R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 11-29-2007, 01:23 AM   #796
Tech Adept

Can someone please direct me to a good starting setup for my losi 8 t, I run on a fairly tight technical track that is slippery.

Thanks Brendan
mtmmotorcycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 04:33 AM   #797
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Do you have the truck already? Have you tried it out with the stock set-up? I've had limited drive time on our short indoor track so I haven't tuned much. But a local fast guy has a very close to stock set-up on his. The only thing he has changed was using 56pistons all around with 35wt oil and changing the rear camber link location. I don't recall what position it was though. But he uses the same setup outdoors on large looser track too. But this guy can drive the wheels off anything.

I'm happy with the way the truck handles the indoor track, I just need to drive better. LOL.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 12:20 PM   #798
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgtruggy View Post
If your having problems with your servos check out ACE servos. I have a DS1015 for my steering. I bought this digital servo with over 200oz.of torque after the cheap JR servo went out after an hour. This servo now has about 10 hard hours on it with no worries. I love my 8T RTR and am transforming it into a racerLOL.
I just ordered this servo for my 8T...hope it works well for me. I've heard a lot of good things about it so far.
revo_race is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 12:42 PM   #799
Tech Champion

I like them a ton. I use the 1015 on buggy/truggy/gas truck/electric truck/electric buggy. Wow. That's a lot of ACE's.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
Old 11-29-2007, 01:01 PM   #800
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

X2 on the Ace's....ive got more then a couple 1015's kickin around....and for the slop issue...i too bought my 8T used..and when i got it...it was overly sloppy in a couple places....both front spindles can be shimmed with the proper shims..but i tracked down the slop to the anchorman plate...once A-main gets the Ecktek plate instock im gonna try that out to resolve the last of the slop....another thing i do is on all the shock rod ends and the arm balls...i noticed the play in the screw while on the ball...so i take visual note of where the screw sits in the ball and take Teflon tape and wrap a thin strip around the screw making it a nice snug fit...then predrill the front edge of the plastic the screw goes through as to not rip all the tape off and install the nuts as normal...shocks feel nice n tight now...pics would help im sure..but im cameraless till my New Nikon D40X showes up tomorrow.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 01:03 PM   #801
Tech Champion

Thanx for the tips. I might try that sometime.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
Old 11-29-2007, 01:44 PM   #802
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by air8 View Post
Thanx for the tips. I might try that sometime.

No problem dood...Anytime...ive come quite accustomed to the 8T's quirks and feel i have all the issues solved.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Old 11-29-2007, 06:36 PM   #803
Tech Regular

Sounds good, I actually just bought the servo right now from the LHS since it came in today. I'll be testing it out tomorrow and racing with in on Saturday so...we'll see how it goes soon enough.
Old 11-29-2007, 08:03 PM   #804
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by revo_race View Post
Sounds good, I actually just bought the servo right now from the LHS since it came in today. I'll be testing it out tomorrow and racing with in on Saturday so...we'll see how it goes soon enough.

Trust me ull absolutely LOVE the 1015.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:07 PM   #805
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
Trust me ull absolutely LOVE the 1015.
Like I said...I'll find out! Tomorrow and the next day it'll definitely be put to test.
Old 11-29-2007, 10:40 PM   #806
Tech Champion

Story time; I used to run my servo saver very tight so the truck did not lack on steering. Well I let a friend drive it and it turned much more than his X1CRT and he kept hitting pipes over and over. After a few laps the gears in my ACE 1015 seperated from one another. There is a brass/bronze gear pressed onto an aluminum gear and the fit betwee the two gears didn't hold. I replaced the gearset and am now running my servo saver a little looser. I think it would have messed up the gears eventually anyways, but he finished it off fast.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
Old 11-30-2007, 07:43 AM   #807
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by revo_race View Post
I just ordered this servo for my 8T...hope it works well for me. I've heard a lot of good things about it so far.
You'll be stolked
jgtruggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 08:06 AM   #808
Tech Adept

Wy are there 2 O-rings under the battery comp. of the Losi 8ight and 8ight-T?
I hate the movement of the complete servo tray when breaking.
Is there something else I can do?

mzl Hellsavage
Hellsavage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 08:15 AM   #809
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 50 (98%+)
Send a message via AIM to micrors4guy

they are there to help with servo failures. They give a larger margin for error for thoes who do not know how to set up linkages.
micrors4guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2007, 09:44 PM   #810
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsavage View Post
Wy are there 2 O-rings under the battery comp. of the Losi 8ight and 8ight-T?
I hate the movement of the complete servo tray when breaking.
Is there something else I can do?

mzl Hellsavage
wait..wait..wait.. Did yours come with the O-rings to put under the tray? I set the linkages to push/pull the carb as straight as possible. I set the EPA's. And I use fuel tube on the end of the throttle linkage--to absorb the flex or extra movement. And I make sure the servos are not resting on the chassis when installed. Never used and of the other tricks/tips though. Mine do just fine. I've been pleased how well the Ace servos hold up to my abuse.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce