R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 01-29-2007, 11:13 PM   #46
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by J C F D
I feel that the Muggy was Losi's only flop. Again I am a huge Losi fan but I think the droped the ball with the Muggy.

I just hope the 8ight -t does not have the same wear as the Losi buggy does. a half a gallon and the front end was loose. And the builder of the kit knows what is what.
yes the front end gets loose after 1 gallon of use, but does it really matter when the buggy is fast like that? My 8ight is the best handling buggy I've ever driven, and my front and is "sloppy"

-HB Racing-Pro Line Racing-OS Speed-MKS Servos-VP Race Fuel-Hobbywing-SANWA-J&T Bearings-Tony Screws
SupermaxxRich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2007, 11:17 PM   #47
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to J C F D

I still love Losi , but I feel that with a stamped chassis and shock towers on a RTR is fine and the loose fit is kind of common on a RTR . But on their kits I feel its unacceptable.

Originally posted by shawn17 :

"All the real woman died in my generation

And my neighborhood ain't gay!"
J C F D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 08:42 PM   #48
Tech Initiate

I can't wait to see one for my self. Trying to sell my indoor sedan stuff to finance an 8ight-T for this summer.
xcsnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 08:56 PM   #49
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Here's some cool pictures of Travis's car from Florida

Travis 8ight T At the Losi Race in Florida
Attached Thumbnails
Losi Truggy-losi_01_28_07-578.jpg   Losi Truggy-losi_01_28_07-524.jpg   Losi Truggy-losi_01_28_07-609.jpg  
Old 01-30-2007, 09:42 PM   #50
Tech Elite

Now we're talking! Travis' truck looks sick! Anymore pics of Adam's and Travis' truggies?

-HB Racing-Pro Line Racing-OS Speed-MKS Servos-VP Race Fuel-Hobbywing-SANWA-J&T Bearings-Tony Screws
Old 01-30-2007, 11:18 PM   #51
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermaxxRich
Now we're talking! Travis' truck looks sick! Anymore pics of Adam's and Travis' truggies?
drake's truggy might be here......

http://gregrojna.com/photos/hurricane/01_28_07/

if i'm not mistaken, drake was running a mono-chromatic color scheme.....all yellow, on his buggy and truggy.
Losi XXX-MF2/CRC SC
B&T R/C - http://b-treman-rc.valp.net/btrchome.htm
dirtracer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 11:38 PM   #52
Tech Elite

JCFD - Not passing judgement, just a rebuttal to your post. I will take your response seriously!

What part of the Muggy was a flop? It's a Ready-To-Run, a truck that is easy to drive, fast, and still retains that "monster truck" fun factor. It does everything it's supposed to, and is impressive on the track for something that big and heavy!

What would you like to see with less slop? The ball ends and steering linkage? The "slop" you're probably referring to has zero negative effect on the performance of the car. Why eliminate it? How it feels on the pit table doesn't mean anything. The car is tough as nails and holds up to some serious abuse. Parts that move freely (suspension, steering, drivetrain, etc.) improve performance, and the chassis flex is what makes the car so fast and easy to drive. The car does what it was designed to do.

Aluminum parts that are stamped are cheaper to produce and serve their function just as well as a machined part. That savings is passed onto the consumer, minus a small "bling factor". The car works great!
Old 01-31-2007, 12:24 AM   #53
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to jfc_tech

If horatio here it should be good thread.
and if truggy is the concern... i should be here. love any truggy but i ahve to say Losi 8T sure a notch above, if i may say. my only collection of 8T is Adam Drake's T.

Any picture would be appreciated.
just additional info.. i saw nick 2DMaxLST video with his LRP powered Muggy... i dont see any defect. its one big muggy that i would love to drive... if ever someone selling LOSI here in Malaysia
Old 01-31-2007, 09:51 AM   #54
Tech Elite

The 'Muggy' does look like a Monster Truggy, so I kinda understood the rather odd title. Losi seemed to be making the point 'our buggy isn't here yet, so enjoy our muggy for now....our truggy will arrive in due course.' Thus this thread.

TBH, it's refreshing to see some nice new designs coming out. The 1/8th buggy/truggy area is very exciting at the moment.

As for the pictures, well there's an old saying - 'if it looks right......'

That thing looks so at home on the dirt. It's a pairing akin to bread & butter! I can't wait to play with one.
Horatio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:01 AM   #55
Tech Master

UPDATE!

Losi 8ight-T Off-Road 1/8th truggy screw kits are now in stock!

Losi 8ight-T 282-piece high grade 8 alloy steel socket head screw kit. Kit includes all applicable cap, flat and button head screws, as well as nuts, washers, lock washers and set screws. This kit is a stock replacement kit that comes with all the Standard SAE screws.

Thanks and best regards,

Tonys Screws LLC
http://www.tonysscrews.com
High Grade Alloy Steel Screws, Screw Kits and Mugen Parts
TonysScrews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 11:03 AM   #56
Tech Elite

Nice, put me down for a set Tony

Old 01-31-2007, 01:24 PM   #57
Tech Apprentice

ok Aaron Waldron , I really appreciate your reply!

When the Muggy first dropped in my LHS I was there to buy it and have a fun time racing with other rc's such as Truggies, it was sold out within 2 days ( I believe 4 muggies total) Same when the RTR and kit Buggy came out.

From what I hear the gearing is wrong , the chassis flex's which induces blown clutch bell bearing. Radio box is designed wrong .. ( not sure how as I do not have one) Seems that the throttle servo placement in the Muggy and both the rtr and buggy kits is wrong causing burnt out servos. .

Again I do not own a Muggy , but I am in my LHS for at least 4-5 hours a day and see what happens to random rc's . And the most common complaint about the muggy is the gearing , the biggest complaint about the buggies RTR and kit are the wear that surfaces only after a short time of running ( half gallon)

I will stand by my word again and say these complaints are not deterring me from seriously purchasing the Losi truggy , But I hope that with the money spent I get a truggy to compete with the other high end truggies. As I consider TEAM LOSI a GREAT company.

P.S. My first RC was a bruiser as a gift. Then when I was serious about RC's I bought a Losi JRX-Pro. That car took a beating. I still have it

P.S.S. PM me if you would like to see where I see other complaints .

Old 01-31-2007, 01:35 PM   #58
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

A-Main shows the release date pushed back to Mid-March
FlyByWire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2007, 01:38 PM   #59
Tech Apprentice

GRRR why do they do this?

Old 01-31-2007, 05:55 PM   #60
Tech Elite

You can't rush something and still have it turn out well. The whole pre-built rolling chassis concept is new for Losi and they want to get it right.

I said in a post a little bit ago that it would be sometime in March. Don't act surprised!

JCFD - If you based your opinion on ALL R/C cars based on feedback at any given hobby shop from the average R/C owner, you'd think that all R/C cars were absolute garbage. The guy who buys a car just to run it around his backyard, the local parking lot, and off bicycle jumps, will beat the tar out of any car. I'm not justifying any problems with the Muggy or any other car, I'm just suggesting that you understand your source.

I'd love to toss this stuff around with you in private messages if you'd like. It's no big deal, I just don't think we need to beat dead horses on a public thread.

The 8IGHT buggy has proven to be competitive, durable, and a good value for the customer..that's where there are so many out there! The 8IGHT-T truck should be no different.