R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 06-27-2007, 04:20 PM   #496
Tech Initiate

i have them in stock, the picture is of the black ones but the silver ones is what i have.

http://www.bluegrasshobbies.com/bg/c...roducts_id=265
T Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 06:04 AM   #497
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac R View Post
what cluch set up is everyone useing on there 8t??

i am sick of losi one and its big bearing.....
I have been using the Fioroni turbo slider on my 8t for the past gallon and a half now...
It's been great so far. No noticeable wear on the shoes at all... I use three heavy springs and a Ofna vented 13t cb with the KingHeadz extended engine mount reversed. It's close on the tank clearance, but so far no tank rub. Here's a pic...

The Fioroni can also be used with the stock Losi cb... That was what I used for the first half gallon. I had the KH mount, so that is why I switched...
Stock Losi cb with Fioroni...

I did need to do a little work to make the Losi cb fit. I had to cut down a Ofna sg shaft extender to use as a shim due to my crankshaft not being long enough...
It's the little silver piece in the pic...

So far I have been very pleased with the Fioroni. The CB bearings have held up well, and the clutch is smooth and very consistant. For an alternate to the Losi clutch, I would give the Fioroni a try...
wlfgnggtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:53 AM   #498
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Is it just me, or are there no setup sheets available for the 8T? Losi's website has 2 of them, but I can't find any other anywhere...
VictionOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 07:54 PM   #499
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Did Losi upgrade the to silver outter pins on the newer kits or are they still the old black ones
ShotGunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:16 PM   #500
Tech Adept

Does anyone know of a complete list of the differences between the RTR an the pro...
I don't usually buy RTR's. This RTR overall i think is pretty good. Maybe a few upgrades as they are needed.
Old 07-15-2007, 11:00 PM   #501
Tech Elite

straydog - Yes.

shizzila - The new silver ones are much stronger. I don't know when stock levels will be refilled, but they work great.

Dale.O - The carbon shoes slip more, so the buggy will be easier to drive and go through rough sections of the track more smoothly. The gold springs still make for good power, but the shoes make the car accelerate with less drama.

The aluminum shoes grab harder and don't slip, which is fine for truggy. Silver springs make the clutch engage later so the engine won't bog once the clutch locks up. You can never have enough punch in truggy!

VictionOne - Most of the team guys are running the stock setup or something really close to it. Jesse Robbers has a much different setup but I have yet to see a sheet for it.
Old 07-16-2007, 12:22 AM   #502
Tech Champion

[QUOTE=ShotGunn;3487912]Does anyone know of a complete list of the differences between the RTR an the pro...
SHOTGUNN----
Aside from the obvious engine, pipe and electronics here is a list. I have not seen the RTR in person so this is going off the differences on the 8 buggy.

shock towers, shock caps, shock shafts, shock pistons, shock springs, shock seal retaining caps (lower caps), hinge pins, hex drives and wheel nuts, chassis, diff grease (instead of diff oil), steering hinge pins, sway bars, engine mounts, clutch bell, and clutch shoes.
Also I assume the body come painted on the RTR.
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 09:37 AM   #503
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to mbunker Send a message via Yahoo to mbunker
Default RTR vs. Kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShotGunn View Post
Does anyone know of a complete list of the differences between the RTR an the pro...
SHOTGUNN----
Aside from the obvious engine, pipe and electronics here is a list. I have not seen the RTR in person so this is going off the differences on the 8 buggy.

shock towers, shock caps, shock shafts, shock pistons, shock springs, shock seal retaining caps (lower caps), hinge pins, hex drives and wheel nuts, chassis, diff grease (instead of diff oil), steering hinge pins, sway bars, engine mounts, clutch bell, and clutch shoes.
Also I assume the body come painted on the RTR.
I've seen the RTR truggy and the shape of the body is different also. The rear extends further back and the wing is positioned more over the bed of the truck. It has a more smoother front hood also. It is a pain to get on and off now because of the rear wing over the top of the bed.

~Michael
AE FT SC10/ AE FT SC10 4x4/ Team Durango DNX408T
mbunker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 10:33 AM   #504
Tech Champion

WOW. You're right. I never even payed attention to the body. ???? Interesting.
Old 07-18-2007, 10:02 PM   #505
Tech Adept

Thanks for the Info.
I went ahead an got the RTR version
I have been racing allot of years an have come to appreciate roto starters...easier to carry to the pit lane The radio is not all that bad as well. I know the engine is good.The servos i have run in the past an have not had good luck with them but i will run them anyways.
I will upgrade to the better shock/shock towers soon an fill the diff's with oils,etc.
Old 07-20-2007, 11:50 AM   #506
Tech Champion

How's this for karma? I recieved my T two days ago and today I see that Amainhobbies.com has the Losi starter box in stock. Finally. All is right with the world. lol
Old 07-24-2007, 12:12 PM   #507
Tech Champion

Ok. With my experience with the 8, I have added the following to the 8T to make life easier. Hopefully can start driving it today.

King Headz-Extended Motor Mount, Front Inner Alum. Hinge Pin Brace
Losi Aluminum-Servo saver top, Rear Bearing Inserts, Front Center Diff Bearing Adapter

I'll be starting out with the Mach engine from my 8 but if that is too much I have a 3 port Rossi engine to tame it down. I just need to finish painting the body and I'll be good to go. I always hate when I order $80 dollars worth of parts and they come in such a tiny bag. ROFL. Just Kidding. It's worth it.
Old 07-24-2007, 06:43 PM   #508
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

What's the difference between the 8ight-T and the Muggy?
stanky626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 01:41 AM   #509
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanky626 View Post
What's the difference between the 8ight-T and the Muggy?
Night and Day. lol. Kidding. I've only seen the Muggy with the lid off the box. So someone else should answer your question.

Let me say OMG!!! And to quote Chris Farley "TOMMY LIKEY" This truggy riiiiiiippps! It's AMAZING how well this thing handles. I don't know where to begin. I really wish my buggy handled this good. I know something is wrong with my 8 now, cause the T turns and burns so much better. I have been looking for this kind of handling for a long time now. AAAA++++ I'm hitting the track with both vehicles tomorrow and sharing electronics to do a comparison and find out what my buggy needs to make it drive like the T. WOW! OK I'm done now.
Old 07-25-2007, 07:03 AM   #510
Tech Regular

Stanky, the muggy is a pile of crap from what I've read on here and other forums and mags. Also, several hobby shops have told me that Losi is trying to get all the bugs worked out before brining anymore out. Bulkheads are junk, dual steering is junk..etc. etc. Your better of with either the 8T or the Jammin CRT.
Bad Dog Rc
www.baddogrc.com
www.speedtechrc.com
My rides

Jammin CRT.5 w/ OS .12 TZP 5
Team Losi 8ight-T w/ Ninja JX .21
stiffler297 is offline   Reply With Quote