Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 02-01-2009, 09:12 PM   #1846
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkas10 View Post
Hey guys,
Getting ready to get some new bodies painted for this summer. What have you guys been finding to be good looking, functional AND durable bodies to handle the abuse of the occasional - or frequent - tumble? I am running the 1.0 version of the Truggy.

I have always like the JC Illuzion looks on other vehicles bodies: http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/14785

Or the standard Losi Race Roller body - not RTR... http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/12288

Or, is there a Proline body out there that I am missing?

I hate it when bodies start to crack apart so I am looking for function AND durability.

Thanks guys!
I run the JConcepts Illuzion with an upgrade wrap and I love it. Its a little different and looks great on the track. Check it out>>

Frank L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 06:24 AM   #1847
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

i find the JC shell to be the toughest and best looking....proline does make a shell for the 8ight...but imo its like every other shell out there....my choice would be JC.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2009, 09:58 PM   #1848
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Nice looking truck, Frank

Thanks for the x2 on the JC, Integra
Old 02-13-2009, 07:49 PM   #1849
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

are hub extenders ok to put on a 8T 1.0 i want to run 0 offset rims but don't want to switch everything to the 2.0
thanks what are the best ones ?
Tel: (858) 997-0833
ZERTA RACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 08:11 PM   #1850
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZERTA RACING View Post
are hub extenders ok to put on a 8T 1.0 i want to run 0 offset rims but don't want to switch everything to the 2.0

best extender's...well the Losi's are cheep and effective...but the kingshead version's are just that much nicer....w/e floats your boat.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Old 02-13-2009, 08:14 PM   #1851
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post

best extender's...well the Losi's are cheep and effective...but the kingshead version's are just that much nicer....w/e floats your boat.
well thank you very much how dependable are they do they wear out anything on the truck more? what other parts do i need to reinforce the weak parts
Old 02-14-2009, 06:58 AM   #1852
Tech Lord

Quote:
well thank you very much how dependable are they do they wear out anything on the truck more? what other parts do i need to reinforce the weak parts

they never wear out...Unless you strip the treads on them or something strange.....upgrade parts...it depends....some of the 2.0 stuff if Nice to have on the 1.0 as well....rear outer pins...rear outer hubs...working servo saver but needs the alum top.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:18 AM   #1853
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
they never wear out...Unless you strip the treads on them or something strange.....upgrade parts...it depends....some of the 2.0 stuff if Nice to have on the 1.0 as well....rear outer pins...rear outer hubs...working servo saver but needs the alum top.
thank you very much.
Old 02-14-2009, 08:20 AM   #1854
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Quote:
iv ran the losi extenders for a gallon now w/zero offset rims and no issues. for $12 compared to khz $40 im happy
Old 02-14-2009, 08:42 AM   #1855
Tech Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8&stuff View Post
iv ran the losi extenders for a gallon now w/zero offset rims and no issues. for $12 compared to khz $40 im happy

the KH rubber O-rings are a definite added bonus tho....100% insurance the pin wont come flying out Promptly taking you out of the race.
Old 02-16-2009, 05:32 PM   #1856
Tech Master

what is a good starting point on shock and diff weight fluid for the 8T i bought one used and don't know whats in it but the shocks are way to soft and the truck bounces alot and pushes really hard out of corners. i guess what is the stock set up to start out with i am running on a track that is well groomed and hard packed with lose stuff on the outer sides of the lanes.
-thanks
Thomas Jones
Old 02-16-2009, 11:09 PM   #1857
Tech Master

anyone?
Old 02-17-2009, 01:13 AM   #1858
Tech Regular

Quote:
what is a good starting point on shock and diff weight fluid for the 8T i bought one used and don't know whats in it but the shocks are way to soft and the truck bounces alot and pushes really hard out of corners. i guess what is the stock set up to start out with i am running on a track that is well groomed and hard packed with lose stuff on the outer sides of the lanes.
-thanks
Thomas Jones
Stock is 54/45wt in the front and 56/30wt in the rear. All of this stuff is on the Losi websit you just gotta look for it!!
BOOST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 09:49 AM   #1859
Tech Master

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Quote:
-thanks
Thomas Jones
Thomas,
Here is some info from the team losi website. this is the link to the setup that comes on the truck right out of the box: Scroll down to page 10. http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/8T-part4.pdf

I have found this to be a good place to start. I run 3,000 weight oil in the rear diff and a few other little changes based on track conditions.

Also, in the above manual, there is a bunch of good tips for making adjustments starting on page 6.

More info on the 8T can be found here: http://www.losi.com/Products/Support...rodId=LOSA0802

Just go through each part of the setup sheet and rebuild the truck. This will really help you get to know the vehicle. Drive it and try to keep the shiny side up. Make adjustments as neccessary - one change at a time.

Most of all - have fun!
Old 02-17-2009, 04:16 PM   #1860
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have been running http://www.losi.com/ProdInfo/Files/8IGHTTDrakeStd08.pdf but with 15K in the center dif. Also the last time I ran it was so cold I dropped a half weight in the shocks.

Dirt Burners Racing - R.I.P. BB / Kolors by Kropy / CEFX / One Eighth Racers
mcsquish is offline   Reply With Quote