R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-31-2008, 02:16 PM   #1816
Tech Fanatic
 
vladconnery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 992
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_B View Post
Sounds to me like you were already sold on the RC8T and bought the Losi anyway. If you thought the AE truck was so great, why not just go that direction in the first place?

Whenever somebody is buying a new rig, I always recommend that they buy what they want, not what they think might be better or what some stranger on the internet say is better. They almost always end up buying what they wanted in the end.
+1

I've said that so many times in the (whats the best) or (which should I buy threads) till it aint funny. The best and the one you should buy is the one you like. There is no magic answer to this question. Buy whatever you like for whatever stupid reason you like it. It will always turn on a dime, break the sound barrier standing still and jump like a gazelle.
__________________
KO PROPO EURUS
Kyosho: TKI3, TKIe Tekin RX8 Gen2
vladconnery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:21 PM   #1817
Tech Fanatic
 
vladconnery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 992
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
ps good choice on motor's.

Integra you know this engine. I have no idea about it I got it with Truggy. It had 12 tanks through it. It was basically free with the Truggy. It sounds nice it ran really nice the other day. I have been running RB's so that's where my so called expertise is. I know it's Picco based unlike the new Trinitys which are sirio based.

any info and advice is appreciated.
__________________
KO PROPO EURUS
Kyosho: TKI3, TKIe Tekin RX8 Gen2
vladconnery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:30 PM   #1818
Tech Champion
 
JAMMINKRAZY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Pittsburgh PA
Posts: 6,575
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladconnery View Post
Integra you know this engine. I have no idea about it I got it with Truggy. It had 12 tanks through it. It was basically free with the Truggy. It sounds nice it ran really nice the other day. I have been running RB's so that's where my so called expertise is. I know it's Picco based unlike the new Trinitys which are sirio based.

any info and advice is appreciated.
it's a picco. Should run awesome.
__________________
-Koby Kubrin-
Thanks to my Sponsors:
Serpent America | Team Novarossi | Desoto Racing | Race AKA | Ridgeway Bodies
JAMMINKRAZY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:43 PM   #1819
Tech Addict
 
wb-racer-ace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: MI
Posts: 520
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to wb-racer-ace
Default

hey guys, I made up a new set of motor mounts for the 8ight. it is paterned after the losi quick change mount, but I have added 2 boss's on the bottom to drop into the slots in the chassis to make sure the motor is in straight. these also have the feature to flip the risers to move the motor forward to use a standard 3 shoe clutch.
if anyone is interested I have 5 ready in a tumbled finish (non-anodized) and I should have another 5 anodized by the end of the week.
price is $40 shipped with an extra set of risers.
email me at ssxxcr@yahoo.com if interested
Attached Thumbnails
Losi Truggy-mount1.jpg   Losi Truggy-mount2.jpg   Losi Truggy-mount3.jpg  
__________________
ADVANCED CUSTOM ENGINEERING.....custom components designed for racers, by racers!!!!! email acercparts@yahoo.com for info
http://photobucket.com/acercparts
email [email]acercparts@yahoo.com[/email] for info
[URL=http://s811.photobucket.com/albums/zz37/acercparts/]ACE Products Click Here[/URL]
wb-racer-ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:45 PM   #1820
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Marble Falls, Texas
Posts: 515
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_B View Post
Sounds to me like you were already sold on the RC8T and bought the Losi anyway. If you thought the AE truck was so great, why not just go that direction in the first place?

Whenever somebody is buying a new rig, I always recommend that they buy what they want, not what they think might be better or what some stranger on the internet say is better. They almost always end up buying what they wanted in the end.
Cuz i bought the Losi bout a month or two before the RC8T was even available, and i had no idea about anything. I was a noob, had nothing nitro r/c offroad related. The RTR seemed smart at the time cuz it came with a decent radio and motor. Thats why!
motoclay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:52 PM   #1821
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,482
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMMINKRAZY View Post
it's a picco. Should run awesome.


X2...they are stout motor's that will make Huge power for a long time....couple things to keep in mind...if you ever get a air leak of some sort seal up the carb body where the alum meets composite...they have been known to leak from there...and if your carb bolt feel's nice and smooth your good to go.....Make sure to run Picco plugs tho.
__________________
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 03:23 PM   #1822
Tech Fanatic
 
vladconnery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 992
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Integra View Post
X2...they are stout motor's that will make Huge power for a long time....couple things to keep in mind...if you ever get a air leak of some sort seal up the carb body where the alum meets composite...they have been known to leak from there...and if your carb bolt feel's nice and smooth your good to go.....Make sure to run Picco plugs tho.
Thats the second time someone has said only use Picco plugs. I'm not going to question it. I just want to know why so I may one day pass on the info as well.
__________________
KO PROPO EURUS
Kyosho: TKI3, TKIe Tekin RX8 Gen2
vladconnery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 03:25 PM   #1823
Tech Fanatic
 
vladconnery's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 992
Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wb-racer-ace View Post
hey guys, I made up a new set of motor mounts for the 8ight. it is paterned after the losi quick change mount, but I have added 2 boss's on the bottom to drop into the slots in the chassis to make sure the motor is in straight. these also have the feature to flip the risers to move the motor forward to use a standard 3 shoe clutch.
if anyone is interested I have 5 ready in a tumbled finish (non-anodized) and I should have another 5 anodized by the end of the week.
price is $40 shipped with an extra set of risers.
email me at ssxxcr@yahoo.com if interested
Can you post some larger pics can't get a good look at it. Good idea on the boss's. Every engine mount should come standard with those.
__________________
KO PROPO EURUS
Kyosho: TKI3, TKIe Tekin RX8 Gen2
vladconnery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 04:16 PM   #1824
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,482
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladconnery View Post
Thats the second time someone has said only use Picco plugs. I'm not going to question it. I just want to know why so I may one day pass on the info as well.


the taper on the plug is obviously matched for starters so they seal no questions asked.....and out of all the Turbo plugs ive ran they seem to last the longest.
__________________
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 05:23 PM   #1825
Tech Addict
 
wb-racer-ace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: MI
Posts: 520
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to wb-racer-ace
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vladconnery View Post
Can you post some larger pics can't get a good look at it. Good idea on the boss's. Every engine mount should come standard with those.
PM me your email and I'll send you some, cant figure out how to insert the pics
__________________
ADVANCED CUSTOM ENGINEERING.....custom components designed for racers, by racers!!!!! email acercparts@yahoo.com for info
http://photobucket.com/acercparts
email [email]acercparts@yahoo.com[/email] for info
[URL=http://s811.photobucket.com/albums/zz37/acercparts/]ACE Products Click Here[/URL]
wb-racer-ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 06:16 PM   #1826
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupermaxxRich View Post
its all in the setup, my 8t can turn under most buggies chances are the RC8T you dove was setup properly and your truck obviously is not if it has no steering.

truck is ride height sensitive, if you haven't checked your ride height after the springs take a set chances are the back of your truck is lower than the front. run 36mm front ride height with 38-40mm in the back.
where do you measure ride height at? and do you do it with tires on or on a setup station? I know differant tires slighty differant in size
fordtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 09:14 PM   #1827
Tech Lord
 
Integra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 12,482
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtastic View Post
where do you measure ride height at? and do you do it with tires on or on a setup station? I know differant tires slighty differant in size
behind the front kick on the chassy and right at the rear...you base ride height with wheels ON then you go to the station for further adjustments.
__________________
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2009, 08:34 AM   #1828
Tech Master
 
CaseyP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Having fun racing toy cars in beautiful AZ
Posts: 1,715
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Make sure to measure the rear ride height ina bit from the rear. As the chassis wears in the back you will be getting a false number which will cause you to set the height actually lower and lower.

Vlad.... I run Alum spindles and plastic carriers for max steering throw. The Alum braces are not as big a diference on the truggy because the chassis is so much longer. My suggestion is to try them back to back and see if you can feel a difference. But like stated before If running on a super high bite smooth surface the braces would be a plus.
__________________
<>< The Truth Will Set You Free!

TLR / Team Orion / Spektrum / AKA / TEKIN / Horizon Hobby / upgrade rc / AVID / SCH / SPY / HAL'S HOBBY WAREHOUSE
CaseyP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 11:11 PM   #1829
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Plainfield, IL
Posts: 458
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Do the aluminum Spindles give more throw? My plastic ones bottom out on the arms or carriers and my steering sucks also.
Speed_Freak_039 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 11:09 PM   #1830
Tech Master
 
jkas10's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Living in Paradise!
Posts: 1,208
Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)
Default

Hey gang -

Are many of you finding an advantage to runing 3 degrees of rear toe?

I currently have King Headz front and rear hinge ping braces with the rear one 2 toe and 3 anti squat which is what the race roller setup asks for. If I want to try the rear 3 toe / 3 AS setup, and I put the Losi adjustable brace with inserts http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/16535 do I have to replace the inner hinge plate? Real question: does it have the cams or does it just hold the front of the pins?

Or, should I just get the KH 3/3 since I will probably never run anything other than 3/3 or 2/3 and I already own the 2/3?

Your input is appreciated, especially about the inner plate function. Thank you!
__________________
Jeremy Kasten - Cole's Pitman! (Dad); Kasten Racing: www.facebook.com/kastenracing
THANK YOU Sponsors: Mugen Seiki; REDS; AKA; Leadfinger Racing; NitroPro Fuel; RC Addiction Products; Dialed-RC Hobbies; Ben Brocato Designs (BDB); PT RC Racing Oils
jkas10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Losi 8ight-T Truggy Pro Roller, 10 truggy tire/wheel sets deskwarmer R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 60 10-03-2008 08:29 AM
Losi-8T Truggy or Mugen MBX5t truggy 8IGHT-TMAN Nitro Off-Road 1 01-24-2008 06:47 PM
Losi 8ight Truggy vs/or Losi Muggy????? rclab1 Monster Trucks 5 11-22-2007 03:56 PM
*LIKE NEW LOSI 8IGHT BUGGY AND TRUGGY, 3PKS w/FASST, NINJA .21, 21-5,LOSI BOX, * MattP R/C Items: For Sale/Trade 12 09-16-2007 11:33 AM
mugen truggy/ losi truggy Ultraspeed84 Electric Off-Road 4 05-30-2007 06:58 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 04:21 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net