Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

stupid^^ forgot the link
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ducts_id/16263
AZRCaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 06:35 PM   #1487
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

+1 I used to bend or break a hinge pin every week. I installed the M2c hinge pins and I have been going strong with no problems at all for 2 months!

ARCS Hobbies / Paint Monster Airbrushing / BFast / Tonys Screws
badassrevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 07:06 PM   #1488
Tech Adept

+2 M2C install them... and forget about it.
Losi 8ight.....Dynamite Platinum 21XP..........JR8800T's
www.trackseekers.com
yaright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:49 PM   #1489
Tech Initiate

Thank you all for the help and quick replies, already ordered them along with some carbon fiber shock towers
halfempty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 06:14 AM   #1490
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfempty View Post
Thank you all for the help and quick replies, already ordered them along with some carbon fiber shock towers

dont bother with the tower's....get the Pro kit version's....IMO much better.
TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:24 PM   #1491
Tech Initiate

Can anybody be kind enough to post a pic of the M2C pins installed on their truck? I just got mine today and installed them, they seem longer than the stock ones and I don't understand where I'm supposed to put the spacers
halfempty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 06:30 PM   #1492
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Integra

it was either here....or in the 8ight Buggy thread...but as u can see....the 3 of the right have been cleaned....the 1 of the left has been untouched......I race Every week...so my stuff gets taken apart pretty often....and as i stated....ive tried Multiple differnt kinds of lube....but even with the best stuff ive found for my outdrive's it Still seems to rust up...so ive ditched them and am running nothing and relying on the setscrew alone....i feel if u clean the screw and insert prior to applying loc tite the screw's dont seem to budge.

TNS Driver - Radio Post - Blue Groove Apparel - Team Panther - Hitec - Losi - W.E.D. Paint - Clockwork Fuel - Competition Heat - SUMO Racing - Tekin - Team Terribles - M2C Racing - Matrix Concepts - Kal Gard - BuKu Power - DE Racing -
Integra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 08:28 PM   #1493
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

When I ran the 8T, I used MUGEN rear outer hinge pins... Lunsford suck, stock ones suck.... but Mugen worked well... I dont like the M2C just cuz I dont want to drill hubs every time I need to change them.......... I changed rear hubs frequently, to take out the Losi slop you end up with every month or so....
Greenlee37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 05:17 AM   #1494
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

when using a os speed 21vz-b v spec engine with this truggy has anyone ran into problems installing the clutch? do you need a special flywheel collet or anything? i have the clutch installed but when i put on the clutch bell, if i tighten the screw that goes into the crank that holds everything on, it'll lock up the clutch (no air gap with and without using shms). do you guys just use loctite on that screw and put it where you want it and let it dry? any suggestions would be great.
LOW ET is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 09:34 AM   #1495
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Use shims between the outer bearing and the clutch spacer (A9103). On some engines more shims are needed. I use a very, very small amount of loctite on the crank end screw. I have seen a few occasions of people having that screw back out. Then the CB will walk forward and grind against the fuel tank.

So sometimes shims are needed between the flywheel nut and inner bearing. But also shims may be needed between the outer bearing and the clutch spacer too. Just take your time here. This is the time to get things right---when the engine is out of the vehicle. And try for that magical .5mm CB end play, while keeping the clutch shoes covered with the Cb.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 10:13 AM   #1496
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW ET View Post
when using a os speed 21vz-b v spec engine with this truggy has anyone ran into problems installing the clutch? do you need a special flywheel collet or anything? i have the clutch installed but when i put on the clutch bell, if i tighten the screw that goes into the crank that holds everything on, it'll lock up the clutch (no air gap with and without using shms). do you guys just use loctite on that screw and put it where you want it and let it dry? any suggestions would be great.
If you use locktite on that screw be prepared to slot it and remove it with a flat head driver. I quit using it after I had the head of a screw break off and force me to replace a crank. My fault on the removal method (tried a screw extractor to save the collet.)

The crank turns counter clockwise, that means in the direction it would tighten the screw. I'm taking my chances and using no loctite. My experience is even a very smal amount and the heat of the engine bakes it into red loctite
desertbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 11:17 AM   #1497
Tech Elite

adding shims to any part of my clutch assembly will do nothing for me. it's as though my crank is to short because i can't get any air gap when everything is tightened down.
Old 07-19-2008, 01:07 PM   #1498
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

You have to use the Losi washer that comes with the clutch. Part number LOSA9104
Attached Thumbnails
Losi Truggy-losa9104.jpg  
AZRCaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2008, 01:18 PM   #1499
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZRCaddict View Post
You have to use the Losi washer that comes with the clutch. Part number LOSA9104
got that. everything is as the instructions say. i'll have to make up a spacer to go between the crank and said washer. how much air gap are you guys running on the clutch bell?

Last edited by LOW ET; 07-19-2008 at 04:26 PM.
Old 07-19-2008, 08:54 PM   #1500
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOW ET View Post
got that. everything is as the instructions say. i'll have to make up a spacer to go between the crank and said washer. how much air gap are you guys running on the clutch bell?
I space the CB far enough out from the flywheel to not touch the flywheel, yet close enough to keep all the clutch shoes covered. That's about it. I don't have a measurement for you, sorry.

--"U Ain't Fast!!"
Chris Pearce
air8 is offline   Reply With Quote