Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree80Likes

New 1/8 taiwanese buggy SPARKO

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2023, 12:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Last edited by silence360; 11-10-2023 at 02:54 AM.
Old 08-10-2023, 03:17 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey guys what 4 shoe clutch and clutch everyone be trying what fits and what don't has anyone try the tekno clutch
Old 08-10-2023, 03:41 AM
Tech Fanatic

Last edited by silence360; 11-10-2023 at 02:55 AM.
Old 08-10-2023, 03:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (89%+)

Originally Posted by silence360
I would like to mention Power Hobby the main distributor in the USA has now listed all the spare parts on their website. So you can be assured that spare parts will be on hand for clients racing this platform in the USA!! Get your orders in, and join our discord group if you have purchased one!
Buggy looks pretty good, I think for me is what does this offer over current offerings.

Price is on par with other brands so no advantage in that area.

Always glad to see new buggies in the market, but in the case Sparko, I don’t think they are gonna be around long term.
Old 08-10-2023, 03:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mickey_B
Buggy looks pretty good, I think for me is what does this offer over current offerings.

Price is on par with other brands so no advantage in that area.

Always glad to see new buggies in the market, but in the case Sparko, I don’t think they are gonna be around long term.
If the car is easy to drive it will stick around. C-hub is easy and fun to drive if you ask me but most c-hub cars on the market today have some kind of issues. Break easy, hard to find parts etc so if the car is durable and spear parts are easy to get a hold of I think it could do well.

Also already lots of option parts coming from other manufacturers to.

My dream car is the durability of a Mugen but as a c-hub car :-)
Old 08-10-2023, 09:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Old 08-11-2023, 08:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Bag C Build Video.

TikTok Bag C Video

I have had the opportunity to assemble a number of buggies over the years and my initial thoughts when I first saw it was that little details were thought of.
Seeing that it's a new buggy, very little parts needed correction and the buggy is easy to drive.
Sparko is here to stay but of course there's always brand lovers who love what they have. To each his own. 👍
Old 08-25-2023, 11:01 PM
Tech Fanatic

Old 09-17-2023, 05:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Old 09-19-2023, 07:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Looks very good!!
Old 09-21-2023, 07:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Looks to me, the arms would be easier to break and thats why the carbon inserts. I think its over priced being its new, the buggies that were shown and raced, had all the good with optional parts on it. I don't see it lasting very long in the market. The company will be paying big bucks to top drivers and will eventually fold just like other companies did.
Old 09-21-2023, 08:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

Old 09-21-2023, 05:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silence360
I have had mine before it was officially released, and it was only last week they sent me carbon inserts. I have not ran inserts in any of the arms, and I recommend to actually run the front upper arms without them. It retails for 650usd which is lower than most, and dealers have been selling out of them all over the world. So the arms are not breaking, and that also includes the soft arm option which are holding up perfectly fine without carbon inserts. Most run them for cosmetic reasons lol has nothing to do with breakage. Sparko isn't going to fold, the E-buggy is just around the corner, and they are backed by Jetko tires. There are over 100 kits just in Taiwan alone, and that is a conservative number and Kyosho Europe have done a fantastic job with distribution. Sparko doesn't need a top driver to sustain itself. The MY1 is a good example, they don't have any big drivers, yet it is not only popular, but the Tawain national champ drives the new MY2 from Ming Yang. Have they gone out of business??? They been around since the late 80's, the MY1 was introduced in 2016. They make the HB, and other brand cars on top of that. Sparko isn't owner by some regular dude, it's owned and ran by a group who has been in the RC business for decades. Sparko is just another brand, and another venture from a company already in the RC market lol. Your free to share your opinion, but there are no facts behind them, only assumptions. What I am stating are facts as I own the car, been running it prior to it's release, and know both the owner, and designer personally.

Before our track renovation I made a video showing parts we were working on for the car. You will see I don't use the carbon inserts, nor will you see them in any of my previous videos, or photos on our FB page. The only inserts I have ever tried was for the front upper arms, however I removed them after a few tanks as I found it made the car a bit less forgiving. The arms are more than strong enough to be ran alone as I have been doing for many many months now. I am also not the only one, as when the car first was released it was not even a part yet available. So everyone who got kits before the worldwide release, and pre-production have been running the same arms without inserts. The only people who had inserts were the designer, and owner. I purchased a kit prior to it's international release, and again I only got my inserts last week as they sent me some for free as I did some work for them for their website. I was lucky enough to travel to Taiwan for a race, and see the car in action before it was officially released or even talked about. It was then I expressed my interest in purchasing one when I met the designer, and owner. They had already been testing the car for awhile when I saw it in person, and quite a few guys already had them. So seeing the car in action, and up close at the designers shop sold me on it.
​​​​
https://youtu.be/GRMzWKxn0Sk?si=sjCTDcQmUUbQViW9
Well goody for you and your island of cars. I'm in the USA and alot of that stuff never comes here or by the time it does, it's discontinued. And those insert are definitely not for looks..a manufacturer isn't going to spend alot of money for cosmetic looks... as far as price, too much, especially when there are other options at that price point.
Old 09-21-2023, 09:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

petersen114 likes this.

Last edited by silence360; 11-10-2023 at 02:56 AM.
Old 09-23-2023, 03:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

Our inclined spindles and 4mm quick release shock stands are finished. These are more durable than the stock 3mm cap screws, but also allow for much quicker shock position changes!! All while providing more peace is mind. When these are used with our carbon front tower designed for our front turnbuckle conversion you will reduce the chances of any breakage significantly. Thanks for your patience, and to those who voted to have the spindles hard anodized grey. They turned out great, and go well with the factory blue C-hubs.

mike_G, RandyJones and jersey like this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.