R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road

Old 12-02-2007, 08:17 PM   #166
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Nitro$junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
what makes you think it is the best junkie ?? have you tried 2 dozen or more pipe/header combos to come to your conclusion ?? how do you think the pipe feels specifically ? i wanna know how the mugen pipes feel
later , monty
Cause its Mugen's pipe
Byron's
http://www.hospitalrecords.com
Nitro$junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2007, 08:34 PM   #167
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

As for the flame outs in the Xtreme mag.
In Skinny's Losi eight race roller test he said the 21-5 flamed when they fueled it. Look at his settings for the motor, bottom end was to rich and top to lean. On amainhobbies.com forums there is a engine tuning guide by Ron Paris explaining why some people think they have a motor tuned correctly but it's not.

Our 21-5 came with a #7 plug, ran the #6 and #7 and like the #7, adding a shim helped the motor run better. (.004 inch)

Rex
22Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 02:18 AM   #168
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

houston: its a good thing u mentioned the different taper on the os plugs, was about to use one for my plus 21 7bt.

guys: this engine is great, i just finished breaking it in using the heat cycle method. initially had a hard time even turning the motor using the starter box, so what i did was i got a heat gun and pre-heated the negine to about 240 F and after a couple of secs. she started easily. during break-in the engine never flamed out and that lasted til the 8 tank mark. after the break-in process, i ran it on the track yesterday, ran for 3 tanks, temp was about 230 F (yes still a bit on the rich side) as a caution in case the engine wasnt fully broken in after 8 tanks, i forgot that when i set the end points on my radio i had the carb at 70% open only, but when i went down the straight, other truggies were not leaving me behind by a lot and i was even clearing the two doubles in the track. wow, this engine is really great. by the way at the track yesterday, i got 11 minutes on one tank, it was a 30 second per lap track. by the way, no flame outs.
evaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 06:25 AM   #169
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Nik I tried this combo on my 21-5k at Stephen Bess's suggestion.

Odonnell 99 plug (these motors like a cold plug)
Nova 9901 pipe
Nova Long Header (best for truggy to give good bottom end, use a short header in buggy for more top and smoother pull off the bottom)

That combo works incredible in my Mugen 5T. Plenty of punch with the stock gearing and a OFNA 7075 aluminum clutch and 1.1 springs. If it has enough punch in my heavy Mugen, it should MOVE that lightweight 8T.
rdeppen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 04:10 PM   #170
Nik
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

who said 8t?? Think 8B, man!

22Racer, thanks for that article! everybody that races nitro really needs to read that. It just makes so much sense.. thanks!

turns out I had the low end way to rich and compensated with a too high idle setting, and a leaned out top end. Coupled with a too hot plug

thanks everybody,
nik
Nik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2007, 06:25 PM   #171
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdeppen View Post
Nik I tried this combo on my 21-5k at Stephen Bess's suggestion.

Odonnell 99 plug (these motors like a cold plug)
Nova 9901 pipe
Nova Long Header (best for truggy to give good bottom end, use a short header in buggy for more top and smoother pull off the bottom)

That combo works incredible in my Mugen 5T. Plenty of punch with the stock gearing and a OFNA 7075 aluminum clutch and 1.1 springs. If it has enough punch in my heavy Mugen, it should MOVE that lightweight 8T.
have you tried an odo 77 plug ? an mc8 ? novarosi 6 ? the short square header ? the medium round header ? the long header is extremely long and i havent had the best feel from engines with this combo opinions you can find by the millions anywhere and everywhere , which ones you choose to follow are completely up to you remember , fuel makes power , not air !
happy motoring
monty
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 04:55 AM   #172
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
have you tried an odo 77 plug ? an mc8 ? novarosi 6 ? the short square header ? the medium round header ? the long header is extremely long and i havent had the best feel from engines with this combo opinions you can find by the millions anywhere and everywhere , which ones you choose to follow are completely up to you remember , fuel makes power , not air !
happy motoring
monty

Well lets see???

I did try the 77, Nova 6's 4 different headers, and 3 other pipes till I came to the conclusion Bess was right with that particular combo for a truggy. And your right opinions are like assholes.
rdeppen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 11:01 AM   #173
Tech Master

hi!i want to know if i can use with out problem a sleeve-piston set with numper F08035b from a jp eagle 21-5 engine in a plus 21-5.?the crankcase inside is the same?
GREGORY! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 11:05 PM   #174
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

i dont remember saying anything about assholes but ................. and if it is a novarossi based jp engine you can use #08035 p/s set
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES / TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 08:29 AM   #175
Tech Master

My english is not so good..what do you mean?the jps are assholes?why?
now,for the set i think that the jp-8036b will be fit exactly.it is a little different.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:07 AM   #176
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

LOL...

That gave me a good chuckle - be careful with the language, gang...

Gregory,

they are referring to an expression in English that goes something like "Opinions are like <Body Parts>, everyone has one!"

It wasn't a negative comment regarding JPs...

Hope that clarifies it for you...
rabidsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 01:38 PM   #177
Tech Master

ok!i understant it...!
one more question!which is the best tool to remove the rear bearing in the 21/5?
Old 12-05-2007, 02:30 PM   #178
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub

Unless you have a 14.5 inner diameter puller, you'll have to strip the case completely and heat the case and tap out the bearing on a wood block. I am unsure about the temp, but I assume 350-400F in an oven from what some have said here in the other forums.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:26 PM   #179
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to ezveedub Send a message via Yahoo to ezveedub

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezveedub View Post
Unless you have a 14.5 inner diameter puller, you'll have to strip the case completely and heat the case and tap out the bearing on a wood block. I am unsure about the temp, but I assume 350-400F in an oven from what some have said here in the other forums.
Actually try heating the case to 250F measured with a heat gun. I just tapped out the bearing on a Sirio Kanio EVO III tonight by heating the case. I put the case in a toaster oven set to 400F. After 15 minutes, I tapped the case on a wood block and the bearing came out. Temp on case after bearing came out was at 220F. If this doesn't work for you, you have to heat the case higher.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:17 AM   #180
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

A heatgun works well too.