Search
Like Tree49Likes

IGNITE DESIGN RC

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2020, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default IGNITE DESIGN RC

Just thought I'd start the page for Ignites new 1/10 gas truck conversion for the Associated T6.1 -T6.2

https://www.facebook.com/Ignite-design-rc-102472898302028/
Phillip F and inlinesick like this.
Old 10-18-2020, 05:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xlgraphicspro
Just thought I'd start the page for Ignites new 1/10 gas truck conversion for the Associated T6.1 -T6.2

https://www.facebook.com/Ignite-desi...2472898302028/
this makes me incredibly happy to see. I’ve been involved with nitro on and off(but on again for almost two years) since 2003 and it was a shame to see the class die out. While I only had a Traxxas nitro sport as my first rc, I spent my fair share of time oogling team associated rc10gt2’s. So cool that someone developed a conversion kit, hope they sell every single one of them!
Evoking1230 and Ben Burtle like this.
Old 10-18-2020, 07:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Very cool. I have a buddy who will probably get one.
Old 10-19-2020, 12:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

currently trying to convince the wife on yet another R/C car.

I was looking for an older one like I used to race but a newer updated one will be even better!
Old 10-21-2020, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Since I don't have the T6.1 ... and dont race ST electric, is it cost effective to just get the front and rear end assembly of the T6.1/.2?
Old 10-22-2020, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Phillip F
Since I don't have the T6.1 ... and dont race ST electric, is it cost effective to just get the front and rear end assembly of the T6.1/.2?
if you can find them, sure. I bet with the T6.2 coming out. T6.1's might go on sale for a bit cheaper than in the past.
Old 10-22-2020, 10:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Losi215
this makes me incredibly happy to see. I’ve been involved with nitro on and off(but on again for almost two years) since 2003 and it was a shame to see the class die out. While I only had a Traxxas nitro sport as my first rc, I spent my fair share of time oogling team associated rc10gt2’s. So cool that someone developed a conversion kit, hope they sell every single one of them!
I got my start in the hobby with a Nitro Sport SE as well, ran it for years and finally selling it to a friend after I swapped in an OS 18CVRX making it a bashing king, put a few gallons in it that way. We didn't have any racing around us so I never bothered to get a nicer 2wd st, although I always wanted to do it with a Losi AD2 truck.

I'm hopeful this helps kick off the revival of the class. I won't be jumping on just yet because I just can't spend almost $700 on just a chassis (donor+conversion) before electronics, tires, engine..

I'll hop in once there are full chassis kits around the $350 where there is full parts support that isn't Traxxas. If only TLR would step up and release a 22NT..
savage24x and Newk like this.
Old 10-24-2020, 01:33 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by wolf16731
I got my start in the hobby with a Nitro Sport SE as well, ran it for years and finally selling it to a friend after I swapped in an OS 18CVRX making it a bashing king, put a few gallons in it that way. We didn't have any racing around us so I never bothered to get a nicer 2wd st, although I always wanted to do it with a Losi AD2 truck.

I'm hopeful this helps kick off the revival of the class. I won't be jumping on just yet because I just can't spend almost $700 on just a chassis (donor+conversion) before electronics, tires, engine..

I'll hop in once there are full chassis kits around the $350 where there is full parts support that isn't Traxxas. If only TLR would step up and release a 22NT..
A lot of folks been begging for this class to come back, but unfortunately if there is no money in it for the industry then it's a no go for the industry. This is a step in (somewhat) the right direction, but not cost effective. Basically an expensive flashback to reminisce the good old back in the day times.
Old 10-24-2020, 04:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

This conversion is a good litmus test I think. If it can sell well (first run is 200 kits I think), this could be something that could act as a catalyst for the manufacturers to seriously consider getting into the class for 2021 and 2022.
Old 10-24-2020, 05:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Whats really silly is unless ae/ttr or losi/horizon sold the molds they would even have most of whats needed besides chassis and topshaft with minor retooling to fit the more modern front and rear ends. Id love to run gas truck truck again but its gotta be much cheaper than 1/8th or whats the point. Part of what killed the class was $250 motors and quick change rear tires. When the engines were 100 and a set of tires would last a weekend is when the class was the biggest because it was the cheapest way to race offroad and stand a chance to be competative . Once that changed the class died, MT racing was the final nail in the coffin.
turboken likes this.
Old 10-24-2020, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by HaulinBass
Whats really silly is unless ae/ttr or losi/horizon sold the molds they would even have most of whats needed besides chassis and topshaft with minor retooling to fit the more modern front and rear ends. Id love to run gas truck truck again but its gotta be much cheaper than 1/8th or whats the point. Part of what killed the class was $250 motors and quick change rear tires. When the engines were 100 and a set of tires would last a weekend is when the class was the biggest because it was the cheapest way to race offroad and stand a chance to be competative . Once that changed the class died, MT racing was the final nail in the coffin.
is true.... less power doesnt make it less fun. Just have tracks that do not have gigantic jumps, that can only be cleared if you have crazily powerful engines.
Old 10-24-2020, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

is true.... less power doesnt make it less fun. Just have tracks that do not have gigantic jumps, that can only be cleared if you have crazily powerful engines.
Old 10-26-2020, 01:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Back in 1993, I remember I paid $300 for a Factory Team RC10GT kit with an OS .12 CZZ engine (with header/silicone tube/2 zip ties/ and manifold)
BTW... they are actually $100-$200 .12 engines out there.. Novarossi and SH .... a decent engine is all what you need ... its all about the clutch setup.
inlinesick likes this.
Old 10-28-2020, 09:22 AM
Tech Initiate

Will the conversion kit fit on the RC10B6.1/RC10SC6.1 or just the RC10T series only?
Old 11-02-2020, 09:12 AM
Tech Initiate

I would love to see it take off but it doesn't really matter to me anyway. I bought one because I liked the class back in the day and the truck looks bad ass! But the only concern I have is engine. What are guys going to run? Does anyone make a rotary carb .12 these days? or can I fit one on to a .12 TC engine?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.