Wiki Posts
Search

Something fun to do with Nitro Rustler

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2020, 05:52 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Something fun to do with Nitro Rustler

I have a Nitro Rustler that I just rebuilt with a 3.3 engine and after it was done I realized I don't need another nitro stadium truck. I would be happy to sell it, or convert it to something else silly, but with that being said, I am not sure what would be fun or possible to convert it to. I have considered a 3.3 nitro Bandit, but I am asking the collective if you guys have any fun ideas of what to do with this thing. I do like the Backslash idea, but this is only a 2wd truck.
Old 07-16-2020, 11:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

I can't think of much you could do, but I have always been a fan of how fun stadium trucks are to drive with sct tires equipped. Plus I think they look much better with them.

But to truly convert, why not build on that idea. People are going crazy converting their 2wd sct's to drag racers. Sure, a stadium truck does have a shorter wheelbase so it isn't exactly a perfect 1 to 1 conversion (unless you get a nitro Slash chassis), but in full scale drag racing history there were cars that were called "altered wheelbase" cars. Basically the rear axle would be brought further forward in these cars and the body of the car would have the wheel arches moved forward with some sheet metal work. Why not try doing a 1/10 altered wheelbase nitro drag car using the drag wheels, tires, and bodies meant for 1/10 shortcourse trucks? The Rustler chassis has already done the hard work for you.