Search
Like Tree12Likes

Best switch

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2020, 05:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Piva
Skyrc is the best investment. It's the exact electronic switch protek charges 40 bucks for and is $13 bucks. I have 3 of them. I kept frying battery's from a short circuit in the manual on off switch. Those things are so bad. I would never race with a switch other then an electronic switch, your two power connections don't connect at the exact same time your entire on off switch AND battery get smoked, it's happened atleast 20 times to me in the last 5 years till I switched. Literally switched to electronic, no worries if it doesn't connect perfectly it won't light your battery up like a torch and melt your car. Pisses me off thinking of all the times it happened right when I got to the track and that crap happened first time I turn the battery on. Even 5 minutes after a charge and the shit would light up burn my fingers unplugging it (ripping connection apart$ n also make me rip apart my battery box n see a fried battery. 40 minute fix right after I watered the track. Stupid crap. I get a little anal now and put shoe goo on the wires to toughen them up so no black and red wires touch.
Just make sure to unplug the battery from the switch so that it doesn't slowly drain it while off. I've killed lipos that way.
TraxxaLosi likes this.
Old 05-25-2020, 02:09 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by frewster
Just make sure to unplug the battery from the switch so that it doesn't slowly drain it while off. I've killed lipos that way.
good to know. I usually always unplug all my batteries because I'm not to sure what a lipo can do if it is connected to the wires when it sits in the garage unattended, maybe heat can puff them up or cause a lipo to light up. U can never be to careful with a lipo in my opinion so I usually have all my lipos in a an area away from each other laid out on concrete just for protection.
Old 05-26-2020, 07:27 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jpz_67
I stopped using switches years ago. I just recently started using the KO Pro Po switch. Yes it is convenient. Something about this switch , I know a lot of guys that swear by it. Thats the only reason I decided to give it a try. However I want the peace of mind of a direct connection. I will be going back to micro deans or another direct connect.
Agreed!
TraxxaLosi likes this.
Old 05-26-2020, 07:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sebtarta
just use the regular plugs and the use one of these to keep them secure

https://www.amainhobbies.com/servo-c...cm2770/p658433
this is better deal.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/spektru...ma3054/p479266
Old 05-26-2020, 10:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HaulinBass
i use an xt60 plug as a negative disconnect basically this but home built
https://dialedhobbies.com/accessorie...ch-1300-detail

i use to use servo extensions and just plug them in but actually had some small issues with them starting to cut out as they got older.
if your going to do a disconnect style switch always do it to the negative lead
I actually like this idea a lot. Kinda wish I would have though of that.