Search
Like Tree23Likes

Return of nitro stadium trucks?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2020, 06:38 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Return of nitro stadium trucks?

I got back into RC this year but I have been following and one thing I noticed when I was watching the Dirt Nitro Challenge on YouTube was the fact that all of the classes were 8th scale (buggy and truggy). I remember a number of years ago when the 8th scale truck class (pre-truggy era) was dropped by the Silver State Nitro Challenge and it was basically 8th buggy and 10th nitro truck.

i happened across a very interesting looking 10th nitro truck based on the T5M platform and it got me to wondering, is there a way or an opportunity for the stadium truck class to make a return? If so what will it take?
Old 03-17-2020, 06:48 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

At local level, anything is possible. Beyond that. You’d need the brands to get involved.
Old 03-17-2020, 07:56 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
At local level, anything is possible. Beyond that. You’d need the brands to get involved.
that was my thought on Facebook. AE having a truck based on the T6.1 and TLR with one based on the 22T 4.0 would be an awesome start
Old 03-17-2020, 08:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Short course trucks have basically replaced stadium trucks nowadays. There's more differentiation between buggies and short course trucks than there is between buggies and stadium trucks.
Old 03-17-2020, 09:13 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by trackdesigner71
that was my thought on Facebook. AE having a truck based on the T6.1 and TLR with one based on the 22T 4.0 would be an awesome start

I don’t think there’s enuff demand to get the brands interested.

Old 03-18-2020, 08:45 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I would be one of the first in line for a RC10GT3 lol.

I miss nitro stadium trucks :-(
Old 03-19-2020, 03:18 PM
Tech Adept

Miss those trucks too. I have 3 rc10gt ft parts trucks that im getting a going for this year would love to see this class again and sc be gone with
Old 03-20-2020, 08:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

All TLR has to do is say 22NT and I will throw my money at them without even looking at the thing lol.

But if AE makes a GT3 first, then so be it.

Wait too long and I may stoop down to an HPI Firestorm for some track time fun.
Old 03-20-2020, 08:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by superathlete
Miss those trucks too. I have 3 rc10gt ft parts trucks that im getting a going for this year would love to see this class again and sc be gone with
Ouch. I actually enjoy 2wd sct. Its a shame that class got the label as only a beginners class. 2wd nitro in the form of ST or SCT, I wouldn't care so long as I had 2wd nitro offroad back again. Too bad that would usher in a whole new level of people crying over the not so perfect track conditions though.
Old 03-20-2020, 09:28 PM
Tech Champion

Sadly wolf you may be right lol...
it may take bringing back out the 10GTs, XXXNTs.and the older nitro stadium trucks as well as the guys making these nitro conversions at the club level and hopefully someone will notice
Old 03-20-2020, 09:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by trackdesigner71
Sadly wolf you may be right lol...
it may take bringing back out the 10GTs, XXXNTs.and the older nitro stadium trucks as well as the guys making these nitro conversions at the club level and hopefully someone will notice
There has been a cult following doing just that down here in the South. Some big races even added 2wd gas truck to the flyer they send out and its raising hope for some of us. I think one race even got 30 some entries maybe?

One thing that bothered me though was when I was listening to the On The Tone podcast this week and they had Rhonda Drake on and they were talking about 2wd gas truck and how its so good for beginners and going on in a way that made it sound like it was only good for beginners.. yes, but its not just a beginners class. I just wanted to shout at them that believe it or not, some people actually prefer racing 2wd over 4wd. But then it made me laugh because I do still think its hilarious that 1/8 anything is deemed to be the big boy racing to the so called beginner classes, but yet we have Sportsman, Open, Pro, Over 40+.... am I missing something or does that sound like segmenting beginners, amateurs, and pros in the same way within a single class of car under the same rules?!
Old 03-22-2020, 07:00 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly

I don’t think there’s enuff demand to get the brands interested.
Considering these tracks on liverc dont have classes for 1/10th scale nitro these numbers are useless. I would love to run some nitro. I have a bunch of different trucks and willing to show up and race anywhere in socal if they were to host some races.
Old 03-22-2020, 07:09 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by rusty-racing
Considering these tracks on liverc dont have classes for 1/10th scale nitro these numbers are useless. I would love to run some nitro. I have a bunch of different trucks and willing to show up and race anywhere in socal if they were to host some races.
It does put nitro and off road together. There hasn’t been nitro off road in my area for 8-9 years. There was 1/8 nitro on road till a year ago. But that was the only nitro class I was aware of.

They do have a “others” group listed. But does not say what included. I posted it more as general numbers.
Old 03-25-2020, 01:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

There's a page on FB. Nitro stadium trucks"resurrecting gas truck!". They have a pretty big following and hold some races.
inlinesick likes this.
Old 03-25-2020, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 204 (100%+)

I would love to see gas truck come back, we had it a couple of years back and it was lots of fun, one of my favorite classes and with a few more races I could of worked out little bugs with my Losi 22NT 3.0, who says you can't take a electric truck and convert it to nitro

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.