Like Tree2Likes

TOP 25 RC

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2018, 11:07 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default TOP 25 RC

New ranking are out.
What do you guys think? Seems pretty logical. I am sure some will feel their favorite driver should be higher or the system is not accurate etc. but I think it is good to have something to base the drivers off of...in 1/8 off road at least...
Old 04-03-2018, 11:13 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Not sure I agree with making a change to the ranking after the NEO. Not a single North American driver made the trip over. Maybe they should have made the change after Silver State, one big European race balanced by one big North American race.
turndownwhip likes this.
Old 04-03-2018, 11:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Hartson and josh wheeler still in top 50, they haven’t raced since 2016?
Old 04-03-2018, 11:37 AM
Suspended

Default Hartson and Wheeler

LOL!!!
Old 04-03-2018, 11:39 AM
Suspended

Default Agreed

Originally Posted by Apco1
Not sure I agree with making a change to the ranking after the NEO. Not a single North American driver made the trip over. Maybe they should have made the change after Silver State, one big European race balanced by one big North American race.
Maybe they release an update after Silverstate...?
Old 04-03-2018, 12:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 105 (100%+)

Yea I’m sure some euro guys will be at silverstate. The worlds should be the only ranking,since that’s the only time all the racers get together. They said they don’t count McBride because he don’t show up at big races? Kinda true but come on. When was the last time Alex K raced 1/8? 2016
Old 04-03-2018, 12:37 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

For the lazy

https://www.top25rc.com/nitro-buggy
Old 04-03-2018, 12:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 170 (100%+)

Hartson's name isnt even spelled correctly...who cares.
Old 04-03-2018, 01:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

The problem is that every race is weighted equally. They're all worth the exact same amount for a win.

What really needs to happen, is the weight of the races needs to be based on the number of Top 25 racers at that race. So let's take NEO for instance; 10 of the Top 25 (prior to Neo) were in attendance at Neo 2018. So instead of first place being worth 150pts, it realistically should've been worth just 60 points. With Worlds likely the only race that offers the full 150 points.
Old 04-03-2018, 01:18 PM
Suspended

Default Weighting of races...

That is a fair point...

The creator of Top 25 RC might argue that everyone had the opportunity to attend...the weightings should not be adjusted because drivers did not show. Playing Devils Advocate here; as a Parallel should Wimbledon not be considered a Major if Federer and Nadal not show up? Or should the Daytona Super-cross award less points if five of the top ten are injured. As Chad Reed used to say - you gotta be in it to win it...

Just some thoughts...
Old 04-03-2018, 02:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BrakeTurnAccelerate
The problem is that every race is weighted equally. They're all worth the exact same amount for a win.

What really needs to happen, is the weight of the races needs to be based on the number of Top 25 racers at that race. So let's take NEO for instance; 10 of the Top 25 (prior to Neo) were in attendance at Neo 2018. So instead of first place being worth 150pts, it realistically should've been worth just 60 points. With Worlds likely the only race that offers the full 150 points.
they should implement this. But also at the same time, I see why they don't. They don't care if other drivers make it or not. Thats on them
Old 04-16-2018, 10:54 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by BrakeTurnAccelerate
The problem is that every race is weighted equally. They're all worth the exact same amount for a win. &lt;br /&gt;<br />
&lt;br /&gt;<br />
&lt;br /&gt;<br />
&lt;br /&gt;<br />
Where did you get this information? That is not the case at all. Races are placed in different scoring categories based on the strength of field at each event. So for example the worlds is not weighted the same as DNC and DNC isn't weight the same as Italian Job.
Old 04-17-2018, 10:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Manufacturercup
&lt;br /&gt;<br />
&lt;br /&gt;<br />
Where did you get this information? That is not the case at all. Races are placed in different scoring categories based on the strength of field at each event. So for example the worlds is not weighted the same as DNC and DNC isn't weight the same as Italian Job.
Please explain how the calculation takes into account the strength of field.

I calculate a power rankings for our local club. The only way I have been able to determine a calculation based on strength of field is to use a variation of the Elo Calculation used for chess players.

Thanks
Old 04-17-2018, 01:19 PM
Tech Regular

I am not familiar with the Elo calculation used for chess. Looks interesting. The strength of field at each event is determined by the sum of all drivers in attendance. Each driver that has ever attended an event the scored for the top 25 rankings is given a value based on where they are in the current rankings. So depending on what the sum of all the drivers in attendance is, it determines where that event falls in the different scoring categories or whether it scores at all.
Old 04-17-2018, 01:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Manufacturercup
I am not familiar with the Elo calculation used for chess. Looks interesting. The strength of field at each event is determined by the sum of all drivers in attendance. Each driver that has ever attended an event the scored for the top 25 rankings is given a value based on where they are in the current rankings. So depending on what the sum of all the drivers in attendance is, it determines where that event falls in the different scoring categories or whether it scores at all.
So even though it is the top 25 and expanded to top 50 on website, does it mean you can have a value for the top 100, or do you stop at 50?

If there were 100 Pros in all your qualifying events, but from 50 to 100 only some qualified based on number of events, then it is possible you could have more just on the edge of meeting the qualifying criteria. How do you calculate the strength of field in those instances.

By the way, I really like the top 25. Just curious as to how it could be expanded to include more races, therefore, more people qualifying for rankings, which might get more people interested.

I would hope things like this would get more people interested in the hobby, and create more friendly banter at races with people vying to move ahead of their mates!!!!! Pretty sure that is what happens in online games.

Also, expanding it for different classes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.