Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thanks guys...

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 11:40 PM

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Thanks guys...

Earlier tonight, I was sitting here with the laptop cheering you all on in private through LiveRC (and giving crap to a few of you through text messages ). As usual lately, I was getting pretty tired and thinking of calling it a night.

But I got an unforeseen chance to run out for a little while. It was awesome to see a good bunch of you all and for you to allow me to jump into the Main without qualifying. Talk about a "vent"! That was fun lol. Man, I haven't had the shakes that bad for many, many months

You all keep doing what you're doing, because you're doing it right. I'm still not going to make it out there regularly for awhile, but I'll be sure to stop in when I can and continue to harass you as much as possible. I gotta jump over to the For Sale topic real quick and cancel the sale of the SCT.

Thanks guys! (and thanks to Rob, Don, Jim and Dillon V. for keeping my stuff organized and race ready!)
Old 04-20-2013, 04:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

That's good to hear Cliff, we could all use a little stress relief now and then.
Hang in there buddy and let me know if you need anything.
Old 04-20-2013, 11:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Deja Vu
Earlier tonight, I was sitting here with the laptop cheering you all on in private through LiveRC (and giving crap to a few of you through text messages ). As usual lately, I was getting pretty tired and thinking of calling it a night.

But I got an unforeseen chance to run out for a little while. It was awesome to see a good bunch of you all and for you to allow me to jump into the Main without qualifying. Talk about a "vent"! That was fun lol. Man, I haven't had the shakes that bad for many, many months

You all keep doing what you're doing, because you're doing it right. I'm still not going to make it out there regularly for awhile, but I'll be sure to stop in when I can and continue to harass you as much as possible. I gotta jump over to the For Sale topic real quick and cancel the sale of the SCT.

Thanks guys! (and thanks to Rob, Don, Jim and Dillon V. for keeping my stuff organized and race ready!)
great job on giving everyone a run for their money last night!!! I think it made some of us nervous that you would run away with the main!!!
Old 04-20-2013, 11:41 AM

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Thanks Jim, hope to see you again soon! Did you get that M05 running yet?

Thanks Rob, yeah, it was an interesting night, that's for sure! It started out as soon as I pulled in the parking lot...I realized "crap, I don't have any gum!" I never chew gum ever...except when I am on the driver's stand. And I have never ran a race ever without gum. I quickly scrounge through the truck and found a wrinkled up piece of gum still in the wrapper, likely left over from the last time I raced. So good, we're good to go now!

I get inside and find out the truck is already to go (thanks again for charging the batteries). When you were running the Buggy Main (good race btw) I watch and Don is giving me advice on the track. One thing I remember him saying is..."it's your first time on the track, don't try the triple". OK, got it.

Our race is up and as usual, I am inside BS'ing and have to rush the truck out to the track. Joel grabs it and tosses it down for me. I realize I only have time for one lap and though normally, I'd go slow and get a feel for things, I don't have time. I am more worried about traction and run it sort of "hot" to see how its handling. I end up needing a marshal twice in the one hot lap I run But the truck feels good and as always, this setup has tons of traction. Again, good to go.

Race time comes and Chris gets us lined up. I pull into the 10 spot of course and patiently wait. And then I realize...Crap! The gum!! I quickly dig it out of my pocket while cradling the radio and somehow squish the trigger making my truck ram into the back of Danial while still on the line lol (sorry Dan!).

So the race starts and by the end of the "sweeper", I am up in 4th . I come off the sweeper and begin to accelerate, trying to build up speed to hit the triple (sorry Don, I mean, I know I wasn't supposed to go for it...but it IS a triple after all! I had to!). What I didn't see was that 12" pop up right before the hard left onto the triple. My truck suddenly popped up in the air, but fortunately, somehow landed OK and I continued my quest to make the triple and maybe pick up a position. I envision the level flight and smooth landing as I squeeze the trigger...only to t-bone the approach of the 3rd jump Don was right, don't try the triple! Again, somehow I recover quickly and continue on.

After around 3 or 4 laps, I realize I am still in 3rd somehow and the truck's doing pretty good. That was a mistake. I started to get the shakes! I was able to pull off another couple of laps before things went downhill, but somehow I was able to cross the line in 4th. But, it was a blast the entire time!!

Turns out the night wasn't over...after I left, I was headed down Blair High Road and some idiot runs a red light. Trying to stop a 3/4 ton 4X4 in a matter of a few feet just wasn't going to work, plus there was a car to my right on one behind me. I felt like I was back in the main as I weaved in and out of everyone, but fortunately no one made contact. Crazy though!

Anyway, forgive my ramblings as always. It really was good to see you all again!

Last edited by Deja Vu; 04-20-2013 at 12:17 PM.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Holy crap cliff!!! That's not cool at all. Glad you are safe and in one piece!!