Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Nebraska/Iowa Racing
Another Outdoor track in the Omaha Area?? >

Another Outdoor track in the Omaha Area??

Another Outdoor track in the Omaha Area??

Old 03-09-2013, 04:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)
Default Another Outdoor track in the Omaha Area??

What does everyone think about another track in this area? Springfield to be exact. I have a nice 97'x87' area that would make for a sweet outdoor track. We can also use my shop for the pit area so we can be inside pitting with power but most will need to bring a pit table and there is plenty of room to pit outside too. I have a ton of parking room so that wont be a issue either.
SO what do you peeps think? Of course I will have races on days were it wont interrupt the other tracks/races. I already have a line on a timing system.
Just would like everyone's input on this before I pull the trigger...
Old 03-10-2013, 12:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dgdcustoms
What does everyone think about another track in this area? Springfield to be exact. I have a nice 97'x87' area that would make for a sweet outdoor track. We can also use my shop for the pit area so we can be inside pitting with power but most will need to bring a pit table and there is plenty of room to pit outside too. I have a ton of parking room so that wont be a issue either.
SO what do you peeps think? Of course I will have races on days were it wont interrupt the other tracks/races. I already have a line on a timing system.
Just would like everyone's input on this before I pull the trigger...
The more tracks the better as far as I'm concerned. It sounds like a pretty good idea.
Old 03-10-2013, 02:39 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

To answer a couple PM's... The track size can 97'x87' that does not include the space for pits or the drivers stand. I have a huge yard!! The track will be off in the back corner and have a row of trees on the two sides so that should help with the wind and such. There is also a water spigot out near this area and my wife garden area. Im sure I could even talk the wife into a few BBQ's you all know how well a Southern gal can cook !!

I'm pretty sure I am just going to start the build of the track and if nothing else it will be a place for the boys and I to practice and have fun on.

Whats a good clay to use for building a track??