Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dirt Oval at the plex

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 08:00 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Sorry I mentioned the spec tires for late model,guys. I was thinking Tim was trying to follow the IL set of rules.....ooops.

Question for the sprint car drivers, would you be interested running the spec that Doug mentioned on the mdra thread?
Old 09-01-2011, 12:11 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Why don't you guys just worry about running what's listed?
Old 09-01-2011, 01:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Here is the dirt oval flyer with what will run, and what the requirements are for each class, to clear up any confusion. This spells out tires, motors, batteries, chassis, etc.

Old 09-01-2011, 02:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Have you guys run this street stock and Pro-2 SC classes at the plex before or is this the first shot? Both of these classes look extremely intriguing...
Old 09-01-2011, 03:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamNuts
Have you guys run this street stock and Pro-2 SC classes at the plex before or is this the first shot? Both of these classes look extremely intriguing...
Street stock is a pretty new class in general, new life for old buggies

some good info on them here http://www.dirtoval.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64611
Old 09-01-2011, 03:43 PM
00m
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by bharrill
Where is the oval dirt track going to be? The video that Alex posted shows no oval track??
Big race comin up ,u know break down rebuild ,till after the big race,for the record the track is right in front of drivers stand ,I beleave 90 ft bye 45 ft I think..F.MURRAY 00M
Old 09-01-2011, 03:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I mean is there really gonna be a turnout for this or is it gonna be six dudes out there with no real class base? I mean i hope so b/c some wouyld come out but arent sure what the real deal is gonna be
Old 09-01-2011, 05:16 PM
Tech Adept

Ummmmm Tim needs to order up Stock car bodies then for buggies. HEHE
Old 09-01-2011, 05:44 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mwilcox
I mean is there really gonna be a turnout for this or is it gonna be six dudes out there with no real class base? I mean i hope so b/c some wouyld come out but arent sure what the real deal is gonna be
Six is a good start, considering this is something new at the Plex. I'll bring an extra car for you to wheel Matt
Old 09-01-2011, 06:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mwilcox
If people stay committed to running at the Plex it should be fine. The problem has been people have been too nit-picky about the last few dirt ovals that have been around. Then when the base starts growing everybody started going to Missouri and Oklahoma or wherever to race and left the rest of the locals to show up with three cars to race on a raceday. If it is going to work this time people need to race here and run the rules as posted. Hopefully it all works out.
Old 09-01-2011, 07:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Getting started is getting more and more expensive...looks like I need a buggy now too. I haven't raced with y'all yet and I'm already addicted...
Old 09-01-2011, 07:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

OK, who has a B4 or XXX for sale? Thinkin I need one now.

Chad O
Old 09-01-2011, 07:27 PM
00m
Tech Adept

If people stay committed to running at the Plex it should be fine. The problem has been people have been too nit-picky about the last few dirt ovals that have been around. Then when the base starts growing everybody started going to Missouri and Oklahoma or wherever to race and left the rest of the locals to show up with three cars to race on a raceday. If it is going to work this time people need to race here and run the rules as posted. Hopefully it all works out.
Really the few guys that went to out of town tracks were the only guys that ran local consistent ,so ,the problem will only be guys not racin consistently but with the plex once its up and runnin I don't think that's gonna be the problem....My 2 cents is this,, I run dirt oval pretty much more then anybody,in Nebraska give or take a few guys ,but to have a good weakly following and one that will bring guys from out of town ,,,,open sprint,open 2wheel drive late model ,spec 13.5 late model 4wd,for the record I race all three of those, ,a short course truck class,from how it sounds a spec street stock class this reminds me of the sportsman truck class ,all ya I have one of them too,and also a plex spec class like they do on offroad and when they show up 1/8 scale latemodel,and yes i race that class too..All I'm sayin on the average all or most tracks in our vacinity run these classes give or take one or two so wouldn't it make sense too run those classes before people start buying up stuff that there gonna change,when they can get it right the first time,but that's my two pennies ,just a thought....F.MURRAY 00M
Old 09-01-2011, 10:04 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I am kind of looking forward to trying out an oval track. It seems like a great place to start for plexspec.
Old 09-02-2011, 01:26 PM
Z
Tech Master

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.