Wiki Posts
Search

Onroad Summer 2011

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 12:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default Onroad Summer 2011

Probably should have started something like this a few weeks ago but didn't so this might be for nothing but just thought I'd get some ideas out there to try over the summer and/or see what others thought about the classes as we have them now. If we get a consensus on things and they make sense maybe Tim will implement them. Here's some of my ideas......

1. VTA - Go strictly USVTA rules... which basically means get rid of the gear limit. Won't mean a lot but then no more worries about Ballistic timing and whether or not the SS's can run with the Ballistics. Manufacturers points... not a rule but I would do it again if people liked it. Should we have some incentive to win it? Maybe we can score some giveaways or something.

2. USGT - Go USGT rules which would mean 21.5 no timing but you can use timing speedos as long as they are in stock mode. Tire rule for USGT right now is any tire set under $12 I believe. We might have to fudge on that a little depending on availability of tires and to let people get rid of what they have. I wouldn't be opposed to the D compound X patterns (same compound as VTA).

3. Rubber TC - I don't know just thinking if some want to open it up then they could run this (17.5 open speedo?). Maybe for the summer this would water down the classes too much... don't know. Spec tires like the Jacos or Speedmind or whatever Tim has for premounts. I think our TA and GT classes are great but kinda what we are missing are those guys that can and are willing to push their cars to the max (both car and driver).

4. Foam TC - I know a long shot but would anyone want to give it a whirl? Might be tough to get enough guys to warrant it but just thought I'd throw it out there for a summer thing. 13.5 limited speedo?

5. Mini.... I don't run it right now so don't have a lot to say. Leave it... 21.5? Just looking for your thoughts.

6. 12th scale - Would more run if it were slower? At least for the summer I wouldn't think more would get involved by going to 17.5 so my guess is leave it alone. Perhaps worth a discussion though.

Not asking or bringing this up to water things down or cause some big controversy just thought it might be good to get some discussion going to see if we can make it better. This is kinda how the GT class got going so lets hear some chatter!
Old 05-25-2011, 07:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default racing

Hey im new to onroad and i seen in the past you had a sportsman touring car class what happen to that did it die off? Thanks
Old 05-29-2011, 08:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

usgt allows other tires besides the hpi x pattern? is there any other tires under $12 a set? I also think that we should run true gt rules year round. no timing in the speedo..just my 2 cents (evens the field out a little bit)