tharr be indoor dirt soon.

Old 11-18-2010, 04:00 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by PERROTTO
Hahahaha LMFAO
haha that is kinda funny ight thurr. So who is all in for this track? anyone?
Old 11-19-2010, 01:32 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by suckafoo
haha that is kinda funny ight thurr. So who is all in for this track? anyone?

ahh hail no
Old 11-19-2010, 05:45 PM

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

Originally Posted by truthspeaker

ahh hail no
so it looks like most of the people that race at the plex are out.
Old 11-19-2010, 08:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

I am starting a track! It will be on some sort of foam rubber mat. i will build jumps for it also. We will race oval every other week. The spare room in my double wide is 14 by 24 so the track will be kinda small. I will call all my pro friends and we will race for money. See you guys there!
Old 11-20-2010, 06:51 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by thebradthebrad
I am starting a track! It will be on some sort of foam rubber mat. i will build jumps for it also. We will race oval every other week. The spare room in my double wide is 14 by 24 so the track will be kinda small. I will call all my pro friends and we will race for money. See you guys there!
I like that ideal....
Old 11-20-2010, 10:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I love it when people make new profiles just to poke fun.
Old 11-22-2010, 03:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

So, if everyone is done making snarky remarks, we dont have a hobby plex in iowa. I was recommended to post here by a few local racers and I'm surprised at the amount of jokes made about this endevour. I know that indoor dirt would be amazing but getting 20,000+ lbs of dirt to the 3rd floor of a building is just not going to happen this late in the year.

the city was out to inspect the space today. If all goes well I should hear back within the week. I am also meeting with my Boss to discuss budget and construction plans, to get this facility off the ground.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

this is sounding amazing!! i would like to have some kind of new driving terrain to drive my cars on!! keep up the good work!!
Old 11-23-2010, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by getloose
So, if everyone is done making snarky remarks, we dont have a hobby plex in iowa. I was recommended to post here by a few local racers and I'm surprised at the amount of jokes made about this endevour. I know that indoor dirt would be amazing but getting 20,000+ lbs of dirt to the 3rd floor of a building is just not going to happen this late in the year.

the city was out to inspect the space today. If all goes well I should hear back within the week. I am also meeting with my Boss to discuss budget and construction plans, to get this facility off the ground.
I am 100% for this... A lot of indoor tracks are wood jumps on carpet in Europe. Why not here? We would still be doing the same thing. Driving fast over bumps and jumping jumps. Who cares!? It's all about fun!
Old 11-23-2010, 05:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

winning is fun
Old 11-23-2010, 07:04 PM

Trader Rating: 1 (67%+)

Originally Posted by Scott Riggs
winning is fun
Ask any racer, any real racer. It doesn't matter if you win by an inch or a mile; winning's winning.
Old 11-24-2010, 04:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would love to but with a family and four kids its not that easy to spend Sundays all summer and winter away from them. I have a hard enough time accomplishing that in the summer. I think someone told you right that this would be the right place because we are very supportive and love RC but some of us have other commitments also.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I completely understand that, and thats also why my location is great. its not just an RC racing and hobby facility. We also have a full bar and grill, a huge arcade with over 50 modern games, a classic game room with pool tables, darts, and classic arcade games. a 40 foot rock climbing wall, and coming mid december a completely new custom lazer tag arena.

so theres plenty for families to do while you're racing if they just aren't as into it as you are.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by getloose
I completely understand that, and thats also why my location is great. its not just an RC racing and hobby facility. We also have a full bar and grill, a huge arcade with over 50 modern games, a classic game room with pool tables, darts, and classic arcade games. a 40 foot rock climbing wall, and coming mid december a completely new custom lazer tag arena.

so theres plenty for families to do while you're racing if they just aren't as into it as you are.
THAT IS AWESOME!
Old 11-26-2010, 07:25 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well, that also means I cannot afford for a family my size to spend 6-8 hours in an activity center. Sounds cool though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.