Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Nebraska/Iowa Racing
THUNDER on the PLAINS!!NEW DATE!! >

THUNDER on the PLAINS!!NEW DATE!!

THUNDER on the PLAINS!!NEW DATE!!

Old 07-12-2009, 07:37 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

If it was my kid I apologize!I would no call it a meltdown he just let you know tired of getting hit constantly!Mod is supposed to be for the exspearinced drivers,he was tired of passing the same people and getting taken out!Had a real fast truck no thats no exscuse but sometimes getting clocked alot takes its toll!I seen plenty other people in the other classes let people know how they felt also when someone banged on them!Had alot of bad luck that day,lost 2 motors 2 speed contols in one day!TNot all in same class but lost one speedo Mod!
Old 07-13-2009, 04:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

It was a challenging race due to some weird stuff. I enjoyed it because I learned a lot. I do have to admit there was a lot of hack action in qualifying going on that caused me tq in mod buggy 3 quals in a row. I'm not sure where else it happened. In the main it was very clean and very considerate. Accidents happen but this was the same car lap after lap. I'm over it... but at the time it was frustrating when I personally was slowing up to not mess the other person's race up and then got punished for it. What's done is done... I still had a lot of fun over all. G.I. is a great place to race and I don't want people to think otherwise.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sounds like there was a good turnout, really wish we could have made it up.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

like an idiot i tq mod buggy and take the out side???? idk stupid mistake i guess, had a fun time the racing really cleaned up after the 1st qual. i was runnin way to hard into the corners and took ben out twice but the track sucked and there was no way a guy could tq with that race. idk i had fun maybe next year well see some out of town 4wds.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:37 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Definately had a great time!!! Chaney was really impressed with the small town hospitality, lunch served, the relaxed atmoshere and friendliness of all the local racers. The best part was getting his first trophy. He's won some plaques, but this is the first trophy. He was grinning from ear to ear the rest of the weekend. I had a good time too. It's been a while since I raced there and hope to make this an annual event for Bernt Racing.
Old 07-13-2009, 07:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Brian you should try to make an occasional club race. I always enjoy racing against you. Hated to miss this race but just couldn't get out of work. Sounds like there were quit a few out of towners. Hope everyone enjoyed the day.

Shawn
Old 07-13-2009, 08:01 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Had a good time this weekend. You guys did a great job getting the track ready, and provided an excellent lunch. Hard to believe how quick the track dried out after the first round.

Jeff, it was nice meeting you. Glad to help provide a spare part.
Old 07-13-2009, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ae_scott
like an idiot i tq mod buggy and take the out side???? idk stupid mistake i guess, had a fun time the racing really cleaned up after the 1st qual. i was runnin way to hard into the corners and took ben out twice but the track sucked and there was no way a guy could tq with that race. idk i had fun maybe next year well see some out of town 4wds.
Scott, I wasn't really referring to that qualifier. That one was just frustrating all around, I didn't have the correct tires on or something. Your car was definitely out working the Losi buggies in that one. I couldn't even think of jumping those two doubles.. LOL... It was good racing with you. You're 4wd is frickin' dialed!
Old 07-13-2009, 10:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

thanks bud ive been struggleing with it all summer and i think i got it pretty close now