R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Tennessee-Kentucky Racing > MSRA (Memphis, TN)

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-04-2012, 07:25 PM   #1
Tech Elite
 
Factory Seal's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Memphis,TN.
Posts: 3,977
Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)
Default TEST -TUNE March 18th

Thats wright!....Bring those hotrods out for a day of testing.....Sid,ran his electric and Nitro cars today..the loop worked perfectly........the track is coming along nicely!....The CREW has gotten alot done the last couple weeks.......Bring springs,Oil,Tires,etc to test with!.....

See everyone Then.....
__________________
My club.....msra-racing.com
Factory Seal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:53 AM   #2
Tech Fanatic
 
kidsid99's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Memphis
Posts: 792
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default

Time to get out there and see what those hotrods will do. Most of the work is done now so we need to get some folks out to try and race or at least have more than 1 car on track to see what else we need to patch up. If last years members care to come out then maybe we will have enough to have elections for club officers.
__________________
XRAY, RC America, Boca Bearings,
www.msra-racing.com
kidsid99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 09:27 AM   #3
Tech Elite
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,416
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Sid,

Were you running rubber tires or foam tires? With your electric car, were you running Spec/Blinky, open (turbo/timing/boost), or mod (10.5 and lower)? Off the upper deck, did you have clear vantage point of see your car no matter where you stood or is there a disadvantage of standing in certain spots on the upper deck/drivers stand over another? Where are the pits going to be located for the nitro cars?

I wish I could be there for this test and tune but between the Carpet Nats (will be running F1) and going to Puerto Rico for the Ipanema GT Worlds (on 3/21/12), it is impossible. Maybe I might be able to sneak up in April to see and run on the new track.
__________________
Texas 5
It's not what you know; it's what you can prove.
The only thing that is for sure is that nothing is for sure!!!
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:35 PM   #4
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10
Default Where is the new track?

Where is the track located? When and how often can it be used? Who should I thank?
Sinjitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 08:44 PM   #5
Tech Fanatic
 
kidsid99's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Memphis
Posts: 792
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
Sid,

Were you running rubber tires or foam tires? With your electric car, were you running Spec/Blinky, open (turbo/timing/boost), or mod (10.5 and lower)? Off the upper deck, did you have clear vantage point of see your car no matter where you stood or is there a disadvantage of standing in certain spots on the upper deck/drivers stand over another? Where are the pits going to be located for the nitro cars?

I wish I could be there for this test and tune but between the Carpet Nats (will be running F1) and going to Puerto Rico for the Ipanema GT Worlds (on 3/21/12), it is impossible. Maybe I might be able to sneak up in April to see and run on the new track.
Juan, I was running foams on my nitro car and Jacos on my electric car. Was running 17.5 open but not geared up for this track. The visibility will be the same for everyone there is small spot on outside right hand turn (before pit row) that you can't go to tight against the rail. Also on back straight you have to stay out about 2 ft from inside rail. This track is coming along nicely we still need to do more work but after a couple more weeks I think most issues will be taken care of.
__________________
XRAY, RC America, Boca Bearings,
www.msra-racing.com
kidsid99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 07:21 AM   #6
Tech Elite
 
JLock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Location: North Dallas, TX
Posts: 4,416
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidsid99 View Post
Juan, I was running foams on my nitro car and Jacos on my electric car. Was running 17.5 open but not geared up for this track. The visibility will be the same for everyone there is small spot on outside right hand turn (before pit row) that you can't go to tight against the rail. Also on back straight you have to stay out about 2 ft from inside rail. This track is coming along nicely we still need to do more work but after a couple more weeks I think most issues will be taken care of.
How well did the foams work on the concrete? In the past, foams have never hooked up on concrete and did not last more than one run (concrete was like heavy-duty sandpaper on them). Did you treat the track with any kind of traction compound? Sorry for all the questions but since I have not been to the new track yet, trying to get prepared so that I am not surprised by anything.
__________________
Texas 5
It's not what you know; it's what you can prove.
The only thing that is for sure is that nothing is for sure!!!
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.
There are 2 things in life that are infinite: the universe and stupidity.
JLock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2012, 04:36 PM   #7
Tech Champion
 
DARKSIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Nashville-Memphis
Posts: 8,514
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

are you looking to have USVTA and USGT classes?....and under USVTA rules?
__________________
Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard
Team Associated/Reedy Powered/PROTOform
2017 U.S.VTA+ Southern Nationals in Music City U.S.A.
Sept 21-24th @ Thunder RC Raceway
1172 Park Ave, Murfreesboro, TN 37129
DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 12:33 AM   #8
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 10
Default USVTA

How many active MSRA members are there? I'm VERY new to it, but I'd be very interested in getting together with others to form up some weekend VTA racing and possibly a stock (NASCAR?) class. Not sure of the terminology, but I've been building up some cars and have a plethora of stock brushed motors I've been tinkering with. Some old Reedy's and such.
Sinjitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:53 PM   #9
Tech Fanatic
 
kidsid99's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Memphis
Posts: 792
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLock View Post
How well did the foams work on the concrete? In the past, foams have never hooked up on concrete and did not last more than one run (concrete was like heavy-duty sandpaper on them). Did you treat the track with any kind of traction compound? Sorry for all the questions but since I have not been to the new track yet, trying to get prepared so that I am not surprised by anything.
Juan,
Give us time to do more testing this weekend and I will get back with you on Monday with an update that will be more accurate cause we didn't use any type of traction last week so let use test that and will let everyone know.
__________________
XRAY, RC America, Boca Bearings,
www.msra-racing.com
kidsid99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2012, 10:54 PM   #10
Tech Fanatic
 
kidsid99's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Memphis
Posts: 792
Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKSIDE View Post
are you looking to have USVTA and USGT classes?....and under USVTA rules?
If they come we will run that class.
__________________
XRAY, RC America, Boca Bearings,
www.msra-racing.com
kidsid99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 04:21 AM   #11
Tech Rookie
 
Rad RED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 19
Default

the track is on hwy. 51 south of nail the way we do classies is if we have the racers to run one we do.
come out this weekend and check it out
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinjitsu View Post
How many active MSRA members are there? I'm VERY new to it, but I'd be very interested in getting together with others to form up some weekend VTA racing and possibly a stock (NASCAR?) class. Not sure of the terminology, but I've been building up some cars and have a plethora of stock brushed motors I've been tinkering with. Some old Reedy's and such.
Rad RED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 07:29 PM   #12
Tech Fanatic
 
cliferton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: NOT JONESBORO or HENDERSON
Posts: 859
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Well how did the test and tune go? It was Sunday and its now almost wensday and nobody has posted since last week. So Whats the news? Is there going to be a decent crowd? hows the traction? How are the barriers when there is traffic on the track? Who are the Officers? Is there power at the track or do you need to bring your own? What are the entry fees this year? What are yall spraying on the track for traction, How are rubber tires holding up? Has anyone had a mini on the track? If so how hot is the silvercan comming off at? Again if so did you have to gear down on the silvercan due to the sustained high RPM's. what kind of lap times does it look like for all class cars that have been on the track?

the test and tune on the lake went nicely. the warm up is going along well. Q, Jesse, justin and I will be making a 75 mile loop on the black river this saturday if any of you guys have a pwc and wanna have a little fun on the river.
__________________
Forget the small things I'm just here to wheel!!!!

Part of the tripod
cliferton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 09:42 AM   #13
Tech Elite
 
jlfx car audio's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: jackson,tn
Posts: 3,342
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28YAm...e_gdata_player
Hears a link to a few vids of our racing . We will have more posted this summer .
__________________
Justin & Matt Lyons
Awesomatix USA, EA motorsports, Sanwa, Protoform, Avid, Gravity Rc , TSR!
a800s sanwa m12s
jlfx car audio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 02:16 PM   #14
Tech Elite
 
hairy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: In the Good ole' U.S.A.
Posts: 2,323
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlfx car audio View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28YAm...e_gdata_player
Hears a link to a few vids of our racing . We will have more posted this summer .
REALLY? must have been raining that day
__________________
MERLIN RACING
"He once ran a marathon because it was on his way"
Logic is a lost art!
You are defined in life by how you respond to defeat!
hairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:26 PM   #15
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 262
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlfx car audio View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28YAm...e_gdata_player
Hears a link to a few vids of our racing . We will have more posted this summer .
I bet the gas bill for all of that racing is expensive, plus the cost of getting there. I'll stick with the little cars more fun, don't get wet and don't have to pay for that OBAMA gasoline...

Just having fun at something one likes to do is all one should strive for to keep one happy in this life.

Joe
__________________
Joe Murphy

Just having fun at something one likes to do is all one should strive for to keep one happy in this life. Getting old Sucks!! But it sure was fun getting there :)
SmokinJoeM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
301 Raceway in Maryland Sandra Racing Forum 13734 04-13-2017 10:24 AM
301 Raceway - 1/5 scale Sedans and F1 - Oct 18th & 19th LuisR Oval, Larger Scales and More 33 02-02-2009 07:01 AM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:46 PM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net