Search

2011 "Beat the Heat" thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2011, 08:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Three
No!!!!
What we have works fine and has for several years. What you are suggesting is what the people at the Sugar Bowl run. All the other tracks in the Atlanta area run as we do.
Did you know that racers using the Sugar Bowl are trespassing on private property that is in foreclosure?
Did you mean no, NO or, no and not over my dead body no? Just kidding with ya. We will race whatever it was just a thought. Don't know anything about the Sugar Bowl property stuff, we just race and support people willing to put the time and work into holding races
Old 04-30-2011, 09:47 PM
Tech Master

Sorry, I get upset when class changes are suggested.
Our classes are based on what the club members decide at our first meeting of the year. Novice uses silver cans or 25.5 brushless motors (in blinky mode). When they are ready to move up there is the Sportsman class (17.5 in blinky mode). The next step allows you to use the same 17.5 motor but use all the bells and whistles. There is also a VTA and Tamiya Mini class that allows for "Spec" racing. Oh yes there is also a Nitro class for the real speed demons.
Old 04-30-2011, 10:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Sorry, I get upset when class changes are suggested.
Our classes are based on what the club members decide at our first meeting of the year. Novice uses silver cans or 25.5 brushless motors (in blinky mode). When they are ready to move up there is the Sportsman class (17.5 in blinky mode). The next step allows you to use the same 17.5 motor but use all the bells and whistles. There is also a VTA and Tamiya Mini class that allows for "Spec" racing. Oh yes there is also a Nitro class for the real speed demons.
No worries. You are right to stick with what the club decides. That's how it works.
Old 04-30-2011, 11:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Good to know about y'all running super stock with boosted 17.5's. I was about to ask if anything had changed since last year. I'll be there running whatever the class is called that runs the boosted 17.5 sedans and a VTA. See y'all soon.
Old 05-01-2011, 06:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Running mod wouldn't really make a difference. 13.5 turbo mode is about the physical limit of mechanical traction on that parkinglot.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:52 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default classes

The MSRA has opted to run different classes at the "special" events. A couple of years ago, we ran a 13.5 class and it was not one of our weekly classes. We still list the IGT class for the two races and we don't run it weekly.

We'll run whatever is decided, I just wanted to point it out that these two races don't always adhere to the weekly class structure.
Old 05-01-2011, 08:34 AM
Tech Master

Isn't it five or more and its a class (at the big races). So if enough want to run TC Mod (and pre-entered for trophies) go for it.
Old 05-01-2011, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by champ3
The MSRA has opted to run different classes at the "special" events. A couple of years ago, we ran a 13.5 class and it was not one of our weekly classes. We still list the IGT class for the two races and we don't run it weekly.

We'll run whatever is decided, I just wanted to point it out that these two races don't always adhere to the weekly class structure.
Correct......We decided to run mod on saturday morning one year......
Isn't it five or more and its a class (at the big races). So if enough want to run TC Mod (and pre-entered for trophies) go for it.
Yup.....We also didn't get trophies either!......
Old 05-01-2011, 11:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default BTH

Lee even brought up another good point. There are a good number of racers from out of town that come to these events. Many don't have VTA cars or cars for the other classes. Running something like mod would possibly give them a chance to run another class.

I know it was like 2 or 3 years ago that we had the 13.5 class because Lee ran it when Ralph and the other XRAY drivers were here.

Something for the officers to think about.
Old 05-01-2011, 05:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I could agree with that but in respect for more competition any one running in boosted 17.5 could also run in a spec class 17.5 also either the same as we have now or make a second spec 17.5 class and make it a pro 17.5 spec. I would be digging that class 17.5pro spec,17.5 boosted,nitro ,and vta. Man I'm goin to be busy!
I don't realy think our surfaces r smooth enough to go any faster on rubber tires .......but foam tires on a TC car and mod..?... hells yeassss! We r scrapin our chassis bad at 17.5 speeds @ competitive rideheights. Mod lap times wouldn't be any faster well unless some prodriver was running them.
Old 05-01-2011, 07:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamGPT88

I do like the idea of a Masters gas sedan class....
Psssh.. old fart.
Old 05-06-2011, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

BTH time is getting closer. Just two months down road and enough time for the heat to ramp up. Get the Gatorade ready!!!

As far as the classes offered, I will run whatever you guys put out there (if I have a car that fits the parameters). I don't care if it is an "old guys'" class, spec class, "one hand tied behind your back" class, etc, I just enjoy coming to Memphis and racing with the nicest group of r/c enthusiasts in the US. You guys treat all out-of-town racers like family and you don't get that anywhere else. Continue to do what you guys are doing because with the number of out-of-town racers that attend BTH and with Xray sponsoring your races as their challenge events, you guys are doing something right!!!
Old 05-06-2011, 08:36 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

are any of you guys running USVTA rules in VTA(25.5 driver figure)...just wondering cause most, if not all out of town guys will be, or are locally at their home track.

and if not, after watching Justin run 21.5 at any FDR against 25.5 cars...it wouldnt make for any close racing....

its just a question that needs an answer...

thanks and see ya soon
Old 05-06-2011, 10:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

How about tires? I assume electric touring is going to use a spec tire? If so, which tires, available at the track, and how much? (I'm guessing Jacos Blues since R/C America is sponsoring the event)

What about nitro touring? Will Drew/whoever from R/C America have foams available at the track like at Fall Brawl?

Any chance of some 12th scale action?
Old 05-06-2011, 10:40 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Maybe if u took that driver figure out u would roll a little quicker through the corners lol. We will be using our rule set for vta you can run 21.5 or 25.5 just refer to our rules on the site.

Tires rubber should be available at the track not sure on price but should be 25ish not sure about the foams I just got my first nirto car and this is my first year as track director so I'm not 100% on all the details just yet. Let's get this charity race done with first then we can hammer out the rest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.