Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spec. Tires for Beat The Heat!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2010, 07:06 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by mrrcguy
I have six sets of the Solaris tires on the Black wheels that I will sell for $21 per set shipped (minimum two sets per order) they were marked for tech at the TGS event and never sold.

PayPal Excepted, PM me to Purchase.
Are you not going to Beat the Heat?
Old 06-18-2010, 06:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Can someone tell me more about these Solaris tires? Looked at their website but it did not tell me a whole lot about them. Just trying to get a heads up so that I buy the right ones for the conditions in which we will be running (hot and humid as Hades!!!).
Old 06-18-2010, 07:55 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Chris Adams
Are you not going to Beat the Heat?
Nope. Bahama's!
Old 06-18-2010, 09:18 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by JLock
Can someone tell me more about these Solaris tires? Looked at their website but it did not tell me a whole lot about them. Just trying to get a heads up so that I buy the right ones for the conditions in which we will be running (hot and humid as Hades!!!).
Juan you goofball. They are selling them at the track for 25 a set. Probably wont find them for that price anywhere. Also, the ones that they are selling are the correct tire to use in the conditions that we will see. If you would like a set, i have some used ones that ill give ya for 5 bucks.
Old 06-18-2010, 09:41 AM
Tech Elite

Juan you goofball. They are selling them at the track for 25 a set. Probably wont find them for that price anywhere. Also, the ones that they are selling are the correct tire to use in the conditions that we will see. If you would like a set, i have some used ones that ill give ya for 5 bucks.
I am not questioning their cost, I just would like to know a bit more about the tire itself. You know, things like shore rating, insert ratings, etc. Like the Ipanema tires I use for 8th scale GT, I know what shores are offered, what type of inserts are offered (soft/med/hard), etc, so that I can pick the right ones for the track temp/conditions. Not trying to create an issue, just would like to know more about the tires I will be buying since they are foreign to me.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:23 PM
Suspended

I am not questioning their cost, I just would like to know a bit more about the tire itself. You know, things like shore rating, insert ratings, etc. Like the Ipanema tires I use for 8th scale GT, I know what shores are offered, what type of inserts are offered (soft/med/hard), etc, so that I can pick the right ones for the track temp/conditions. Not trying to create an issue, just would like to know more about the tires I will be buying since they are foreign to me.
Oh, well you cant change anything about the tire. Thats why its spec. I would think that the shore is a 32 or 36. Its very similar to the Jaco Blue. The tire is a solaris hard if I remember correctly.
Old 06-18-2010, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Oh, well you cant change anything about the tire. Thats why its spec. I would think that the shore is a 32 or 36. Its very similar to the Jaco Blue. The tire is a solaris hard if I remember correctly.
Ok, this is the type of info that I am seeking. Thank you. I am not looking to change anything about the tire, just want to know what I will be working with.
Old 06-18-2010, 02:05 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Ok, this is the type of info that I am seeking. Thank you. I am not looking to change anything about the tire, just want to know what I will be working with.
Hey Juan,

I have not ran the Solaris tire yet but I talked to a few guys at the Reedy than ran them and they loved them. They dont wear much and seem to not fall off on asphalt as much as other tires after 1 run. They may not be the fastest tire but if everyone is running them it doesnt matter. I think they are a 36 with a medium-firm insert.

Here is their website although its not very updated with the new wheels and such. http://www.solarisrp.com/

Here is a thread here on RCTech talking about them as well. http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ris-tires.html
EA
Old 06-18-2010, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Hey Juan,

I have not ran the Solaris tire yet but I talked to a few guys at the Reedy than ran them and they loved them. They dont wear much and seem to not fall off on asphalt as much as other tires after 1 run. They may not be the fastest tire but if everyone is running them it doesnt matter. I think they are a 36 with a medium-firm insert.

Here is their website although its not very updated with the new wheels and such. http://www.solarisrp.com/

Here is a thread here on RCTech talking about them as well. http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...ris-tires.html
EA
Thanks EA. I will check out this new info you supplied me. See you guys at BTH.
Old 06-18-2010, 06:47 PM
Tech Rookie

I will take 2 sets please. Will there be extra if needed?

Mike Carter
Old 06-18-2010, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PorscheMan
I will take 2 sets please. Will there be extra if needed?

Mike Carter
Yes there should be extras!!!!!!
Old 06-18-2010, 07:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
Hey Juan,

EA
Thanks Eric. Bring the kids Ill have the Mini ready again.
Old 06-23-2010, 06:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Put me and team Eaves down for 6 sets
Old 06-23-2010, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by steve eaves
Put me and team Eaves down for 6 sets
All right! Chris and Trachter gonna have some competition!! Maybe....lol
Old 06-23-2010, 08:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Colton and I will need 3 sets each please.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.