Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 2010 VTA

New VTA rules from whomever the guys is that writes them

9-10-10 effective

25.5 novak

gtb / havoc / and some LRP speedo

1550 gm weight.

Might need to talk about this heavily at the meeting.

Oh yeah, have to have a driver.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 53 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dondor
New VTA rules from whomever the guys is that writes them

9-10-10 effective

25.5 novak

gtb / havoc / and some LRP speedo

1550 gm weight.

Might need to talk about this heavily at the meeting.

Oh yeah, have to have a driver.
Here is the link to the new rules. They don't even go into effect til September 2010.

http://redirectingat.com/?id=42X1295...F2010rules.pdf
Old 12-29-2009, 07:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

That's the point. Their rules will be in the last part of our season and might affect any going to the MCC or any other larger VTA events.

Alot of motors / speed controllers will be moot by RobK's rules. And we would have to change mid season.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:20 AM
Tech Master

Notice it did say "It is highly suggested that all indoor carpet tracks use these rules exactly as they are written with no
deviations."
V.T.A. rules are based on the indoor carpet season as far as timeline, that is why the 1 September date. This date gives time for the indoor racers to have their cars legal.
M.S.R.A. can wait to adopt the new rules until our 2011 season, nothing says they can't. The only problem will be if someone travels to a race using the new rules (their problem to be legal after 1 September 2010).
In my opinion the 2010 rules should be used for the V.T.A. races this season.
The 2010 rules will make V.T.A. as it was intended. A fun, inexpensive class of racing where equipment is not the issue. Let's adopt the rules now!!

Last edited by Three; 12-30-2009 at 05:36 AM.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

i think we should maybe move that way some, maybe keep the 21.5 turn off all advance speed controls, keep the 4.2 fdr and go to the new min weight of 1550 with how big our tracks are i think we will have a big pack cars going around the track it will look like daytona 500 it will take more than one to draft by the leader. i know we all said we would follow usvta rules to the letter next year but, this is the way it seems to be going, this way no one has to spend any money on new vta stuff this year. we can do whatever the most people want to do.not looking to start a big fight just trying to start a discussion to see what everyone wants to do.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I understand their intent and will not argue against them. The thing that the MSRA must do is to adopt what is best for its members starting with the first race of 2010.

I feel that if the new rules are adopted now, you will lose several of the racers. People started getting into this class late last year and bought equipment that was legal per the rules. Now we want to tell them a few months later that they can't run their esc's and 21.5 motors. Lee just got a new 21.5 for Christmas and now you want me to use it for a paper weight. That will not fly for the majority of the racers here locally and that is what has to be thought out.

I agree with the intent of close racing but face the facts, there are some that no matter what motor or esc, they are going to be up front. You can't change that fact. Adopt rules that are best for the MSRA and work on your equipment and practice, practice, practice.

Just my opinion.

Phil
Old 12-30-2009, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Toomany & Champ3,

You two guys could not have stated the main point any better.
Old 12-30-2009, 10:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I see where it says CARPET........does the USVTA have a set of rules for carpet and asphalt??

I agree with Dr.Phil...........Let everyone run what they have UNTIL the Rules actually change......SEPTEMBER..That should give anyone the time to update their equipment......Or switch to another class(Sorry dondor,three).....LOL!!
If ROAR changes there rules we must adopt them on the date stated for the changes.(TC and Nitro)...and run by them (no modification's)..no matter what the cost!..ie Money,Losing Racers..etc.......
Point being....If someone is racing VTA and can't afford the cheaper speedo or motor!.lol!!
They can switch tires and bodies and run Touring Classes with the stuff they already have.......

IMO....I feel that the NEW RULES will LEVEL the Racing field a ton......that is what this class was intended to do....

Although LEE wins without the newest Speedo or motor...........I would rather watch a PACK on the same lap Racing anyday over a race Won by someone who laps the field 3 times!......

Remember IGT Racing 2 years ago??...Box stock....most Races everyone finished close......

These are my opinions only and do not reflect opinions of the MSRA or its Board Members.......
Let the Begin!!........LMAO!
Old 12-30-2009, 10:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Sup toomany??..i see you!..LOL!!
Old 12-30-2009, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Factory Seal
I see where it says CARPET........does the USVTA have a set of rules for carpet and asphalt??

I agree with Dr.Phil...........Let everyone run what they have UNTIL the Rules actually change......SEPTEMBER..That should give anyone the time to update their equipment......Or switch to another class(Sorry dondor,three).....LOL!!
If ROAR changes there rules we must adopt them on the date stated for the changes.(TC and Nitro)...and run by them (no modification's)..no matter what the cost!..ie Money,Losing Racers..etc.......
Point being....If someone is racing VTA and can't afford the cheaper speedo or motor!.lol!!
They can switch tires and bodies and run Touring Classes with the stuff they already have.......

IMO....I feel that the NEW RULES will LEVEL the Racing field a ton......that is what this class was intended to do....

Although LEE wins without the newest Speedo or motor...........I would rather watch a PACK on the same lap Racing anyday over a race Won by someone who laps the field 3 times!......

Remember IGT Racing 2 years ago??...Box stock....most Races everyone finished close......

These are my opinions only and do not reflect opinions of the MSRA or its Board Members.......
Let the Begin!!........LMAO!
Don't think you will get too much in the "flaming" department. If you guys go with the rule change (keep the current rules till September), this would give folks time to get the 25.5 motor (8 months to budget and purchase). Also, has anyone contacted the powers-to-be for USTVA to see if the rule change is for the entire class or will indoor carpet and outdoor asphalt now run under different sets of rules?
Old 12-30-2009, 12:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Novak is backing this up with some good deals on trade ins and havoc systems with 25.5 for like 139.00. i have just received 3 21.5 motors so i know how feel about new motors. i think we can work this out to make most everyone still want to run this class.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:49 PM
Tech Master

You don't change rules during the race season.
So let's stick with the current V.T.A. rules. I have no problem with that.
But who is going to check the speed controls to make sure that cars don't have "boost" enabled? Should those ESCs be outlawed?
You racing V.T.A. with us this year JLock?
Old 12-30-2009, 01:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just curious, how does 25.5 with 2C Lipo compare to the 21.5 with the battery currently required for that? I know the idea is to have even racing. If it's not an advantage to using what will be the new rules, for people who have been holding off for new equipment, what would happen if they go ahead and make the change to the new stuff instead of buying something for 1 season.

Personally, I think it's kind of silly for them to institute something based on such a strange time. I know it's for carpet, but couldn't they have just said like "For all race seasons begining in 2010?"

And not to sound harsh, but it's not like we didn't all see rule modifications coming like... months ago, during the whole ordeal about the speed controls.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:25 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Another thing to consider is implementing a new spec gear ratio for the guys with 21.5's. This would allow people to run there "old" stuff or the new 21.5s and still run close together. I know of some tracks that had already been using spec ratio's to slow the 21.5s down.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:55 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Three
..... You racing V.T.A. with us this year JLock?
Thinking about it. Just picked up another 17.5BL and was thinking more on the 17.5/RCGT type class since I have an extra car or two that I can set up for something. Will need another class to run since the GT class is pretty much dead here in Texas, their in Memphis, and no more in Mississippi.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.