Search

Rule changes and classes for 2010

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2009, 04:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hairy
just bringing this over from another thread, seens more appropraite here:
I'm not a VTA racer just interested in watching the class.If speed is the issue then wouldn't this rule fix that rather than running a speed limit?

"Tracks should not dictate which motor combination a racer should choose. All three motor/battery combos have been tested to compete evenly against one another in competition with great success. If any one power choice shows a definitive advantage at a certain track, it is up to the race management to even the racing out via suggested gearing changes."
YES AND NO a havic system is only able to do 24mph maby 26 if the car is built perfect!
so maby 2 classes is a good idea
Old 09-16-2009, 04:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Three
Speed limits aren't the answer. It is too complicated.
First the club would have to buy a radar gun, then someone would have to learn its operation. Also this same person would have to operate the gun during qualifying and the race (so they couldn't race the class or work on their cars while this class is run). What if they couldn't make a race date? Would the class not be run on that date?
Not necessarily a "speed limit", but more of a break-out rule! If you go below a certain lap time then that lap does not count. This would not limit the type of motor battery or whatever. If your not going by VTA rules what would it matter? This would also keep the faster more experienced racers from flooding the class and would make for more closer racing. In my opinion -of course-
Old 09-16-2009, 05:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 1fastdude
Not necessarily a "speed limit", but more of a break-out rule! If you go below a certain lap time then that lap does not count. This would not limit the type of motor battery or whatever. If your not going by VTA rules what would it matter? This would also keep the faster more experienced racers from flooding the class and would make for more closer racing. In my opinion -of course-
Thats a good idea!
When we raced oval we had a class called breakout. If your lap was to fast
you breakout and the lap was not counted. I think the scoring system can be set for it. VTA guys are turning laps as fast as the 17.5 are.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:23 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I like the Breakout rule idea.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hummmmm! So who is the Driving "Ace" that is going to set the lap times for each track?

That doesnt promote the Spirit of Racing. All racing has Faster and slower racers . Nascar, NHRA, USAC. you name it, this debate has been on this thread for years and years , long before most here new about R/C or the MSRA. Its a Reward to go fast and be TQ and Win, Nascar and Motor cubic inch ,Gear and Carb limits, but Nascar doesnt have Dick Trickle or Micheal Waltrip set the pace.

Why are the nation rules never enough? Over the past few years the MSRA has always wanted to "TWEEK" the rules.

It will always be the racers that go the extra mile that win, the ones that change and clean bearings every week, the ones that stay up til 3AM every nite the week of a race to tear their car down and work on set-ups that WIN the races, the ones that go and Test, do motor work , Etc. Dont punish them for not throwing their Cars in the back of their trucks and not touching it til the next race.

If everyone was at the same Pace. It wouldn't be called RACING!!

These comments do not reflect or imply any thoughts of the MSRA .
Old 09-16-2009, 05:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ICEMAN
Hummmmm! So who is the Driving "Ace" that is going to set the lap times for each track?

That doesnt promote the Spirit of Racing. All racing has Faster and slower racers . Nascar, NHRA, USAC. you name it, this debate has been on this thread for years and years , long before most here new about R/C or the MSRA. Its a Reward to go fast and be TQ and Win, Nascar and Motor cubic inch ,Gear and Carb limits, but Nascar doesnt have Dick Trickle or Micheal Waltrip set the pace.

Why are the nation rules never enough? Over the past few years the MSRA has always wanted to "TWEEK" the rules.

It will always be the racers that go the extra mile that win, the ones that change and clean bearings every week, the ones that stay up til 3AM every nite the week of a race to tear their car down and work on set-ups that WIN the races, the ones that go and Test, do motor work , Etc. Dont punish them for not throwing their Cars in the back of their trucks and not touching it til the next race.

If everyone was at the same Pace. It wouldn't be called RACING!!

These comments do not reflect or imply any thoughts of the MSRA .
Excuse me, but doesn't NASCAR have a "restrictor plate"?

If we want to get new people/racers in the hobby we need to start with a class for them to start having FUN and then moving up to the real RC racing.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:45 AM
Tech Addict

Yes on TWO tracks , Talledega and Daytona , For Saftey reasons, not For COMPETITION
Old 09-16-2009, 05:49 AM
Tech Elite

Well for one thing we aren't talking about NASCAR. Most, if not ALL of their drivers are fully sponsored! We are in a hobby where, I'm guessing 60% have some type of sponsorship. Also what is won at the RC events vs NASCAR? I'm just saying that we need some sort of venue to get new blood into this great hobby. Most of the cars for todays competition is TOO fast for a newbie or even some average racers. Some racers just want to have FUN also.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:54 AM
Tech Master

In my humble opinion "Break out racing sucks" . It is extra work for the track officials and is not racing.
The playing field will always have "the fast guys (and gals)", some will always be mid-pack, and some will be behind.
What is needed is a class that requires no maintenance and very little setup. I can't think of a car that fits this formula.

Last edited by Three; 09-16-2009 at 06:07 AM.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:56 AM
Tech Addict

Well that New Venue, isnt VTA or Mini. the only way for that to work is for the CLub to buy RTR cars . the Club have someone work on them and keep them up, and supply them to the racers that want to run that clas, just like the IROC series was. same everything on every car and one person set them up the same.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:57 AM
Tech Master

Am glad to see all the ideas.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

That's fine you have an opinion and I have an opinion and I'm sure somebody else has one too. For my last post on this thread all I'm saying is we need to have a venue for new people/racers in the hobby and to show that there is FUN in RC racing! What would your suggestion be for this?

Thank you for reading..........................................

Last edited by 1fastdude; 09-16-2009 at 06:19 AM.
Old 09-16-2009, 05:59 AM
Tech Addict

Exactly Three.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:07 AM
Tech Master

The club could purchase "spec" motors and battery packs. Let's say 15 of each (this would allow for some of the parts to become unusable and not affect the racing). Then only allow a certain number of drivers (say 10). This system would allow a "blind" (kind of a hat draw) selection of equipment to be used that day.
Drivers may have to pay a surcharge (say $1.00 per race) to help purchase/maintain these parts.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:16 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ICEMAN
Well that New Venue, isnt VTA or Mini. the only way for that to work is for the CLub to buy RTR cars . the Club have someone work on them and keep them up, and supply them to the racers that want to run that clas, just like the IROC series was. same everything on every car and one person set them up the same.
Amen ....... Just like on the offroad side of things ... Let's look at the slash class you have to run the stock esc stock tires etc you can buy this truck ready to race .... Period ... Is there a vta car out there ...a rtr ... That you can run ... No you have to put one together and build it and buy the parts

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.