Community
Wiki Posts
Search

***June 6th Race @ The Bullet in Milan***

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2009, 08:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I like the nitro firestorm, the e-firestorm, and my personal faverite the firestorm flux. 60mph out of the box. + this truck will handle alot better than the rustler in my opinion. I do not own one yet but im looking into one. I drove a friends and as soon as i gave the truck 1/2 throtttle and it pulled the wheels i gave him his transmitter back.

rusler $179
rusler vxl $299
firestorm nitro $250
e-firstorm $169
firestorm flux $289
slash $199
slash + mamba $400
slayer $450

hope this helps
Old 06-26-2009, 08:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

oh and an sc10 or sc8. those trucks look awsome. ive seen and sc10 but not and sc8.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:00 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I think Nethanial did pretty good last year with a VXL Rustler. One of them with a 2s lipo should run with a gas rustler pretty well! But an advantage to you and your son having the same truck is that all your spare parts would work on either truck..
Old 06-26-2009, 09:26 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

The Jato is a nice truck, but I think the Firestorm handles quite a bit better in the rough stuff. It doesn't have the straight line speed, but it's a nice truck once you add roto-start, and an RX pack. Best part is, it'll still be around $300 with those add-ons.

I have a Stampede VXL, and I think it's just as fast as the Firestorm with a good pack, so a Rustler VXL would do well I think.

I think my best vehicle for track use is my Evader ST with a Mamba 5700. Handles great, very fast, pretty durable. Stock tires aren't very good.
Old 06-26-2009, 12:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I have played with these things for a long time now but just started to get serious about racing them this year. I have owned countless Jatos, Revos, T-Maxx's, Rustlers,and my advice is that if you want something to race and bash I would go with the Slash. When racing you obviously have to use the stock 12t closed bell motors but when you want to bash then I would get a Vileneon brushless system to put in it. If not, you will be going through alot of motors. The transmission is brushless ready and if you tear something up, it is not too terribly exspensive to replace. This will give you a truck to race and a truck play around with. I think racing a slash on a slick/dusty track will make you a better driver.
Old 07-01-2009, 05:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Was great meeting some of you at the track last night.... very helpful. I think after watching some your electrics run, Im going to go with the slash and leave it stock (for now) .... Can one of you give me the heads up on the best place to get batteries for it. lipos. decent charger, etc

thanks

David, I mentioned tosome of the guys that I do computer work for a living and would be glad to help spice up the bullet town website if you want.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Was nice meeting you guys as well last night. Looked like the two of you were having a ball. Not sure who was having the most fun though Hope you can make it out Saturday and race with us. You'll have a great time

You will enjoy the Slash I think. As far as the Lipos go, I'm sure one of the other (flashlight racers) will chime in on the best place to get one.
Old 07-01-2009, 06:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I dont have experiance with these but SMC makes good Batteries. Here is a SMC 6000mah for a pretty good price...

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...s&pn=SMC6028LD

I have read good things about this charger...

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...ns&pn=DTXP4230
Old 07-01-2009, 06:38 AM
Tech Regular

Mr. Mays, go to www.kershawdesigns.com and check out his 7.4v 5000mah LiPos. They are awesome batteries and quite a bit cheaper than the her name brands and are just as quality. There are lots of good chargers out there and my favorite is the MRC 989 Superbrain, it has its own power supply and isbasically fool proof. You will enjoy the Slash and welcome to the hobby!
Old 07-01-2009, 07:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chays33
David, I mentioned tosome of the guys that I do computer work for a living and would be glad to help spice up the bullet town website if you want.
Now I am not sure I want to use the word Spice after having my first and only experience with Thai food last night But I sure could use some help on the ole web site, it has been a try to learn as I go type thing. I have VERY VERY limited ability as far as that goes...lol

Batteries for the slash, try Hobby City, they have Zippy lipos for less than $30 and you can get a charger, I think it is a Turnigy for like $79.
Just make sure you get in the 4000mah or better capacity on the battery, and make sure the charger is a BALANCE charger for the Lipo. Hobby City is is Hong Kong and will take 4 or 5 days to get your stuff, but I don't think you will beat the price on Batts and charger.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by David Wall
Now I am not sure I want to use the word Spice after having my first and only experience with Thai food last night But I sure could use some help on the ole web site, it has been a try to learn as I go type thing. I have VERY VERY limited ability as far as that goes...lol

Batteries for the slash, try Hobby City, they have Zippy lipos for less than $30 and you can get a charger, I think it is a Turnigy for like $79.
Just make sure you get in the 4000mah or better capacity on the battery, and make sure the charger is a BALANCE charger for the Lipo. Hobby City is is Hong Kong and will take 4 or 5 days to get your stuff, but I don't think you will beat the price on Batts and charger.
Old 07-01-2009, 10:50 AM
Tech Regular

Hobby City has a great price on batteries, just make sure you do the quicker shipping or you might wait over a month to get them. I just got my electric 1/8 batteries from them and had them in 4 days
Old 07-01-2009, 11:05 AM
Tech Initiate

thai,huh? brave man ahah dont mind a bit, helping with the website. Who do you have hosting it? you can email me about this at [email protected] wouldnt put too much info about website details on a forum (no offense guys)
As always, great advice. Is there a special connector that I need to use for the lipos or will the connector that comes with the slash work with them.
Old 07-01-2009, 11:30 AM
Tech Initiate

k......so the 7.2 volt for the stock motor and the 11.1 is for the brushless motor? trying to decypher the multiple choices on hobby city ..prices ARE great there. anyone checked out the battery store in Jackson by cracker barrel? Just curious if they had anything similar to these on hand, prob not for the HC price though..
Old 07-01-2009, 12:00 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by chays33
thai,huh? brave man ahah dont mind a bit, helping with the website. Who do you have hosting it? you can email me about this at [email protected] wouldnt put too much info about website details on a forum (no offense guys)
As always, great advice. Is there a special connector that I need to use for the lipos or will the connector that comes with the slash work with them.
Traxxas connectors are good but I think most people use Deans connectors

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.