Community
Wiki Posts
Search

starting savage when warm

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2006, 04:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Default starting savage when warm

my savage starts up easily when cold. but after its warmed up and i bring it in to make an adjustment, i have to crank and crank it with the rotostart to get it to run again. any suggestion? thanks for the help
Old 01-27-2006, 04:35 PM
Tech Adept

Default Only Suggestion I Have

hey,
Yes the only thing i could suggest off the top of my head would to let the engine cool down....my mate has the same problem with his savage 4.6ss ...and that is pull start.
Old 02-08-2006, 12:59 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

FIRST CHECK FOR AIR LEAK SOAP UP MOTOR AND BLOW air into fuel line and see if you see bubbles that s your leak, then check pinch in sleeve when warm may have it cold but check it warm , 3rd that engine has a probelmw with carb. when hot do not start they make a composite carb that works check the others first befor spending money on carb
Old 02-08-2006, 02:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

it does that because the engine is warm. DONT soap your engine up, unless you spend the painstaking time to get ALL of the water out of there. its just doing it because its hot and engines usually dont like hot starts. they dont like it when they are really cold either. just leave the truck running when you wanna make the adjustments (unless you are making adjustments to the tranny)
Old 02-08-2006, 02:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

You LSN might be a little bit on the lean side. When the engine is hot, the fuel get vaporize before it get into the engine and it makes it difficult to start at idle. You can try open the throttle a little and it should start up right away.
Old 02-09-2006, 12:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I agree with joech. My savage had a K4.6 motor in it earlier and used to be a bit hard to start when it was hot, i upgraded to the rotostart and it fixed all my starting probs hot or not!!! I think it may be a bit lean... Good luck.
Old 02-09-2006, 01:19 AM
Tech Elite

yeah i got the same problem as chrisanton said lol hes my neighbour

i just open up the throttle abit and its good
Old 02-23-2006, 07:50 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

WELL SORRY I WAS NOT SPECFIC OUTSIDE OF MOTOR DOES SOUND LEAN TRY THIS BEFOR SHUTTING OFF MOTOR TRY TURNING SCREW HIGH SIDE OUT RICH UP MOTOR BEFOR SHUTTING OFF MOTOR WILL INCRESE OILING AND WILL COOL MOTOR A BIT TRY THAT . ALSO I HAVE NO PROBLEMS STARTING MOTOR WHEN HOT IF THAT IS YOUR PROBLEM U DO HAVE A PROBLEM .WITH OVER 5 GALLONS THROUGH A STOCK .21 MOTOR ON AN MGT AND FINALLY WORN OUT SLEEVE I THINK I KNOW HOW TO TUNE A MOTOR AND DIAG A PROBLEM I HAD AIR LEAK THAT GAVE ME ALL KINDS OF DIFFERENT STARTING , STALLING OVERHEATING CONCERNS AND FOUND FRNT BEARING LEAKING AIR LEANING OUT MOTOR SO THAT MAY BE A POSSIBLE PROBLEMS FOR U ALSO JUST THROWING IN MY 2 CENTS AND KNOWLEDGE MY NOT BE ABLE TO SPEEL (HEE HEE) BUT CAN TUNE AND RUN A MOTOR