Wiki Posts
Search

3.8" wheels in 0 offset

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 06:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default 3.8" wheels in 0 offset

Looking for zero offset 3.8" wheels to work with Badlands on my truggy..

My first attempt was a VTR 4.0 wheel 0 offset with 3.8 badlands - no good, it is too tall, too narrow, totally wrong, I have no idea why people say this setup is OK

My second attempt is the Desperado 3.8" wheels in 1/2 offset - the offset makes my truck too wide, truggy was designed to run 0 offset, and 1/2 offset just makes the whole thing square. I see Desperado used to be made in zero offset but discontinued - WTF? Why?

What are my other options? I seem to be stuck. I see them on tons of truggies - has the world just accepted the 1/2 offset and a square truck?

Going to give Proline a call and ask.. seems like a 0 offset desperado would sell.. mold is already there.. why not just make it.. ugh

Thanks..
Old 07-21-2017, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Traxxas has some 0 offset 3.8 wheels that were used on the T/EMaxx and Revo. I don't think Traxxas tells you offset but the only 1/2 offset Traxxas wheels I know of are the fake beadlock ones used on the Summit and newer Revo. Have a look at some other monster trucks and truggies, you might find a 0 offset 3.8 wheel you like.

Not sure what hex your truggy has but if they're extended hex get a set of standard hex. Most modern truggy don't use extended hex anymore but figured it was worth mentioning.

Never tried a 3.8 tire on a vtr 4.0 wheel. Stretching tires onto larger diameter wheels can be a matter of personal taste and what you're willing to live with. I've seen some that look good others that don't. But if the wheel is way too narrow for the tire that can definitely ruin it.