uhhggg water!

Old 01-18-2006, 01:49 PM
Tech Adept

Default uhhggg water!

okay well i was out bashing the maxx up today and there was a puddle. of course how can a maxx resist a puddle, its like a little kid in rubber boots its gotta go splash!! lol. so anyway wow was that puddle deep it got in the middle and the truck stalled. when it stopped water was atleast over the top of the bat box. atleast. so im sure the truck sucked up some water and stalled right? anyway i hurryed home and tore it all apart and sprayed some wd40 and dryed it out and everything so it hopefully wont rust. its sitting it the sun now. but im not going to have any engine damage for sucking up water right? the engine should be fine when i put it back together? ive never had water problems nor have i heard of any, lol so i really hope it will be fine, it would suck to go thru 2 engines in less than a week lmao. thanks!
Old 01-18-2006, 04:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ive had a couple of experiences with water both salt and fresh. One time I had a 'battery come loose' incident any wathched my Hyper-7 buggy submerge its self in the deep blue sea, the only reason I found it was because the antenna was sticking out!! Anyhow I just pulled the head, carby and back plate off and basically doused it in wd40. The old hyper 21 turbo still goes 2 this day at the ripe old age of 3! Also a good idea to squirt wd40 where the string comes out of the pullstarter while pulling it a few times, otherwise I gaurantee you will have re-coil problems next time it sits for a while and you go to use it.(thats if ya have one!)If ya have a rota-start Id pull it apart get rid of any moisture and re grease it. Hope this helps.

Last edited by Rookie 4.6; 01-18-2006 at 04:57 PM. Reason: more info
Old 01-18-2006, 04:58 PM
Tech Adept

i pulled the entire engine apart already and soked it in wd40, every part, then put it back together a little more wd40 and spun the engine a while and let everything lube up then washed the wd out with fuel and then did after run oil. anyway i put it all back together and finally got it to run again, it seems to be running fine, so im guessing no damage. and i dont run pullstart i hate it. but my ezstart and everything was waterproofed, so im not worryed about that. but everything seems to be fine, thanks
Old 01-18-2006, 11:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey man I hate to hear about your luck, but I have done the same. If you want to get together and race with us in Hood R you should give me a call. 801-554-2236 we will run tomorrow if it isnt raining. We have an insane track here. Believe it or not the track was dry today. Theres a few of us who run/race Revos religiously. Always good to hear of more peeps running Revos in this WET neck of the woods. We run our Revos a lot. I have over 20 gallons on mine. Come on out we are always welcoming new faces to our private track.
Old 01-19-2006, 08:19 AM
Tech Adept

no way there is a track in hood river? damn that close and ive never heard of it!! haha thats crazy. actually i just sold my revo last night lmao. but ill gladley bring the maxx up and run it.
Old 01-19-2006, 10:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

No worries run whatcha brung is the name of the game. Its a private track near the airport that my buddy owns. Its sweet though. We also run 1/10 gas trucks alot. It would also be a good track for 1/18 trucks because it's preatty smooth.
Call me if you wana run.
my name is Dan
Old 01-19-2006, 01:30 PM
Tech Adept

sounds fun but im not much of a racer, i just like to bash, but id come up and screw around and get my ass kicked i guess lol. someone has to lose right? lmao