Search
Like Tree12Likes

Arrma Outcast 6S 1/8 "Stunt Truck"

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 04:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)
Default Arrma Outcast 6S 1/8 "Stunt Truck"

Time to get a thread started for the Outcast! Looks to be a fun truck.....

- Short wheelbase (Typhon chassis), with Kraton arms and tires.
- New side plates and mud guard to keep debris from getting thrown into the chassis.
- 6S capable out of the box

I've been looking for something that would be a fun dedicated basher to add to my collection of race rigs. I think I found it...

http://www.arrma-rc.com/outcast/

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video

+ YouTube Video
Old 11-16-2016, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

stunts ? what kind of stunts ?
Old 11-16-2016, 11:05 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I agree, I ordered one yesterday. Should have it soon.
Trout
Old 11-16-2016, 11:24 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by trout74
Trout
I'm right on fence with it. First one hobby store gets in is mine if I want it. Just need to see more running video. Not just the promo stuff.
I swore I'd wait on any new release from Arrma after the Nero. But might just give this a chance.
Did you get any estimate on delivery date? Mid November, well it's already mid November.
Old 11-16-2016, 11:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I like everything about this truck except how high the body sits over the chassis. You can see the entire side plastic of the chassis. I just wish that was tucked up in the body a bit more.

Part of me wishes I hadn't bought my Losi ten-mt a couple months ago as my latest basher. I would order one today if I hadn't.
Old 11-16-2016, 11:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (98%+)

Trout
let us know how you like it compared to the xxl2e
Old 11-16-2016, 12:10 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by silentboost
let us know how you like it compared to the xxl2e
How is he going to do that being an entirely different vehicle?. Kraton vs Outcast would be more of a comparison.
Old 11-16-2016, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 64 (98%+)

Originally Posted by cmbscx10
How is he going to do that being an entirely different vehicle?. Kraton vs Outcast would be more of a comparison.
they are both 6s MT's... he has both. boom comparison
Old 11-16-2016, 05:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Boom comparison, funny , I like it. I will be happy to give my thoughts compared to xxl2e and my other trucks. Like all my trucks when I get it, I will be disassembling it and rebuilding it to make sure it was put together correctly and the diffs and shocks will be refilled and shimmed and likely the stock servo replaced and I like to run my trucks on 5s, and stock esc doesn't support 5s, so I'll be changing out esc, then I'll run the shit out of it!

Billy, they said maybe next week, but who knows. Come on, you need one, then I can watch 50 more running videos of you bashing it at 6:00am!

Trout
Old 11-16-2016, 05:45 PM
Tech Prophet

Boom comparison, funny , I like it. I will be happy to give my thoughts compared to xxl2e and my other trucks. Like all my trucks when I get it, I will be disassembling it and rebuilding it to make sure it was put together correctly and the diffs and shocks will be refilled and shimmed and likely the stock servo replaced and I like to run my trucks on 5s, and stock esc doesn't support 5s, so I'll be changing out esc, then I'll run the shit out of it!

Billy, they said maybe next week, but who knows. Come on, you need one, then I can watch 50 more running videos of you bashing it at 6:00am
!

Trout
I'm right there on the edge. I swore I'd wait before jumping on another Arrma new release. But will see. Store said first one is mine. I need to see real running video. I'm expecting next week also. I figure this is one of the Black Friday vehicles the Squids hinted at few weeks ago.
The lack of a front bumper has me wondering a bit. I know that I would test the body durability.
Old 11-17-2016, 05:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
I'm right there on the edge. I swore I'd wait before jumping on another Arrma new release. But will see. Store said first one is mine. I need to see real running video. I'm expecting next week also. I figure this is one of the Black Friday vehicles the Squids hinted at few weeks ago.
The lack of a front bumper has me wondering a bit. I know that I would test the body durability.
It does have a front bumper......it's more of a "scale looking" part, vs. the typical buggy / truggy front bumper, but it's just as strong.

Have a look at the first video in my original post. They take it out to a BMX park and give it a good shakedown. There are some hard landings, and good tumbles. Nothing terribly harsh, but it shows that it's got some good potential for sure.
Old 11-17-2016, 08:45 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Stubbs
It does have a front bumper......it's more of a "scale looking" part, vs. the typical buggy / truggy front bumper, but it's just as strong.

Have a look at the first video in my original post. They take it out to a BMX park and give it a good shakedown. There are some hard landings, and good tumbles. Nothing terribly harsh, but it shows that it's got some good potential for sure.
I'll find out soon. Went ahead and ordered. It's 90 miles away. Shouldn't take long
Old 11-17-2016, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

this truck is a short truggy with 6.5inch tires. nice mixture !
Old 11-17-2016, 04:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I ordered mine on Wedesday morning when I saw it came in stock at Tower. Shows it shipped already, hoping to have it by the weekend. I'll post some pics when it shows up.

Justin
Old 11-18-2016, 07:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I was gunnin for a Senton
My mind has been changed.
This is perfect for my 5 year old to start with.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.