Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree12Likes

Arrma Outcast 6S 1/8 "Stunt Truck"

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2016, 09:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

how much better will they keep junk out of the chassis area ?????
Old 12-29-2016, 10:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

They work well. I've only run the Kraton (V2) with them once in leaves and rocks with only a small amount getting into the tub. Even the updated battery tray is designed to keep the junk out.

This is with the updated side guards and front mud guards and battery tray from the Outcast installed.

Nice work Arrma.
Old 12-29-2016, 11:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Very nice
Old 01-01-2017, 09:32 AM
Tech Adept

Has anyone done a proline body without the wing yet. I love this truck but I'm not a fan of MTs with wings on them. Hopefully a proline body will fit and I can notch it for the wheelie bars but still cover the wing mount.
Old 01-12-2017, 08:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Default New Outcast...

Can't wait truck arrives tomorrow. I've bought a lot of upgrades already....so I will have to wait for them to come in before I play...if I can wait that long. Here is a list of upgrades being done. If anyone sees anything I'm missing let me know.

Tekno yellow springs for the rear
Tekno orange springs for the front
Shims for the diffs
Fast Eddie bearings
Voltage hobbies servo mount
Savox SW-1210SG with glitch buster
Hot Racing Rear chassis brace
T-bone front and rear bumper ...typhoon style
Aluminum servo horn
Old 01-12-2017, 08:21 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brinkman804
Can't wait truck arrives tomorrow. I've bought a lot of upgrades already....so I will have to wait for them to come in before I play...if I can wait that long. Here is a list of upgrades being done. If anyone sees anything I'm missing let me know.

Tekno yellow springs for the rear
Tekno orange springs for the front
Shims for the diffs
Fast Eddie bearings
Voltage hobbies servo mount
Savox SW-1210SG with glitch buster
Hot Racing Rear chassis brace
T-bone front and rear bumper ...typhoon style
Aluminum servo horn
I'd suggest run it stock. At least few times. You will get better feel for what the upgrades do. Tekno springs really help. But if I'd jumped to them right away I'd never really have known how much.
I'm waiting to see what TBone has for it. Shouldn't be too much longer. Then I'll decided. 1 broken front bumper isn't enuff to change for me.
I'll try different pinion at somepoint. Probably wait till winter over.
Old 01-20-2017, 05:53 AM
Tech Prophet

Run #20.

https://youtu.be/tKezWezD3mU
Old 01-31-2017, 11:17 PM
Tech Rookie

Im new to the rc world so forgive me if my lingo isn't coorect. I've got the arrma fazon n ive been having the Arrma driveshaft end locking pin (AR310556) that connects the universal joint of front axle to transfer case(?) breaking a couple of times. Anyone having the same problem or any advice?
Old 02-01-2017, 03:31 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by lenag54
Im new to the rc world so forgive me if my lingo isn't coorect. I've got the arrma fazon n ive been having the Arrma driveshaft end locking pin (AR310556) that connects the universal joint of front axle to transfer case(?) breaking a couple of times. Anyone having the same problem or any advice?
Wrong vehicle thread. But I've got the Nero and have had a few break. Most have. Better the set screw pin break then damage happen to the ring/pinion gear. I've been using Traxxas version of same set screw. As have few others. It's no different just traxxas sells them in package of 4-6 instead of Arrma selling on 2 in a package.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/monster-...ter-truck.html

That's the Nero thread.
Old 02-21-2017, 08:35 AM
Tech Champion

Man, Arrma seems to have really upped their prices, no? I was recommending either an Outcast or a Kraton to someone from the UK, then couldn't even find them available there.. What gives?

It looks like an awful lot of RC companies in Europe are going or have gone under... Graupner, TT, Robbe, Kyosho has had major issues, HPI too, Horizon didn't even go to the toy fair in Nürnberg I heard, and on an on... No wonder when an XXLE-2 costs €750 and up...
Old 02-21-2017, 10:01 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Herrsavage
Man, Arrma seems to have really upped their prices, no? I was recommending either an Outcast or a Kraton to someone from the UK, then couldn't even find them available there.. What gives?

It looks like an awful lot of RC companies in Europe are going or have gone under... Graupner, TT, Robbe, Kyosho has had major issues, HPI too, Horizon didn't even go to the toy fair in Nürnberg I heard, and on an on... No wonder when an XXLE-2 costs €750 and up...
Prices have stayed same over in States. Have noticed that a lot of Nero and Outcast stuff was on back order for most of January and Febuary. It's getting back in stock now. Arrma has still not released clear body for Outcast. That was supposed to have been early January.
Hobby store told me in late Decenber that Kyosho was heading toward a parts supply issue. Sounds like it's hit overseas first. eBay has been best source here.
Hpi looks to be starting to turn things around. But it's still early. Only saw limited coverage from the Toy Fair. The guy that Big Squid has used I previous years to cover it, was not allowed in this year. I did read that many brands stayed away.
Old 02-22-2017, 01:54 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
Arrma has still not released clear body for Outcast. That was supposed to have been early January.
Tower has the clear body

TowerHobbies.com | ARRMA Body Clear Outcast
Old 02-22-2017, 02:24 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by SnotRkt
Great. Mine was starting to get beat up.
Old 02-23-2017, 06:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I got this alert from Tower that it was back in stock on Tuesday. I think this truck would look great with a drab green/military look. Hmmmm...
Old 02-23-2017, 06:35 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Picked one up today as well. Went for the painted version because I'll beat it up so fast I'll feel bad if I put the effort in... good deal for $40 shipped after $15 off coupon
Do wish it included the roll bar and clips tho.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.