Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Traxxas Slayer Receiver problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2016, 05:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Traxxas Slayer Receiver problem

I run all my RC's off Ikonnik Transmitter/receiver. I have the built in fail safe set just in case it loses signal. I keep getting run aways however. This is the second receiver I have put in the truck. New battery as well. None of the other cars I run have this problem. I am stumped as to what could be the issue especially since this is the second receiver I have bought. Exact same problem. Anyone else heard of or know what may be going on?
Old 09-18-2016, 06:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

When are you getting runaways? Is the battery fresh off the charger or after running for awhile? What battery do you have and does it have a voltage regulator if lipo? Does the built in failsafe engage according to battery voltage and is it adjustable? If the failsafe doesn't activate when voltage gets low you can have a brownout situation and the receiver may be turning off because of it.

Something to remember, all failsafes require power. If the battery connection is interupted and power is lost to the receiver no failsafe can prevent a runaway. Put a voltmeter on the servo lead where it plugs into the receiver. Then jiggle wires see if you lose voltage at all.
Old 09-18-2016, 07:33 PM
Tech Initiate

It's a fresh battery. It starts doing this almost right away. Sometimes the failsafe works, sometimes it doesn't. I run two other cars with the exact same setup. The only one it does this with is the slayer, and again this is the second Ikonnik receiver I have put in it that acts the exact same way.
Old 09-25-2016, 02:55 PM
Tech Addict

Did you try another battery?
Old 09-25-2016, 03:58 PM
Tech Elite

are your radio settings correct.. read on another forum this guy had issues with his killr fs .. turned out to be radio settings..