Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
What is the Largest jump you guys have landed? >

What is the Largest jump you guys have landed?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the Largest jump you guys have landed?

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2016, 11:36 PM
Tech Elite

sounds cool, do you have some pictures ?
but I think you cheat ; gravity is not the same down Under where you are !
if you like jumps, check out my channel

Originally Posted by rcmadkiwi
Have a home made ramp with removable lip & bolt shafts to change the height of the ramp. It's pretty basic made out of ply wood but is the perfect size for the back yard. Don't have a flash or brushless monster truck just a stock standard HPI E-Savage with plenty of clothe tape over the truck body. Which is surprisingly bullet proof (touch wood) considering the abuse it gets & its landing on a concrete driveway. It took me months of practice but I can do a proper back flip about 8 or 9 times out of every 10 attempts. The kids next door would occasionally see the truck upside down at some angle above the fence which is almost 8 feet high. At a guess the truck travels 12-15 feet distance in the air before hitting the ground & it'll drive out of some really dicey landings. I take my 8ight 2.0 E to the bmx or mx track but there's no way it'll do this. Longest jump I've made with the Losi would be barely over 20 feet but I've upgraded the brushless combo & use bigger lipos since then. I'm not wanting to risk damage so haven't pushed my luck by trying to double jump, yet.
Old 05-26-2016, 03:56 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by wittyname
Revisit the plastic bmx ramps. We got them close to free between craigslist and walking the neighborhood and offering to buy them off people who's kids grew up . An assortment of 4x4s to put under the back of the ramp to raise it works well. Transforms it quickly into a pretty big hit . travels in a trunk well too.
I feel like an idiot for not thinking about the good ole Craigslist. As soon as you mentioned that I went and checked it out and you were right. $20 for 4 decent ramps. Even if I don't like them at that price I'm not losing much and my nephew and his rustler will love them even if I don't.
Old 05-26-2016, 01:47 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by werner sline
sounds cool, do you have some pictures ?
but I think you cheat ; gravity is not the same down Under where you are !
if you like jumps, check out my channel
The wife's too uncoordinated & I'd need an iPod touch mounting bracket on my cap to get anything half decent. Aren't in it to show off anyway it's just a bit of fun at home that infuriates one of the neighbors & their two yappy dogs. So I make sure the Sony Xplod boombox is cranked with either metal or techno & I don't hear a thing.

Last edited by rcmadkiwi; 07-05-2016 at 08:05 PM.
Old 05-26-2016, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Neighbors and dogs, the usual mess !
Old 05-27-2016, 03:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

https://youtu.be/kCPWo91hm3E
(Watch in HD)

That's the furthest I've ever sent my Muggy on camera, but it's gone further! As they say, it never happened without proof, so there ya go....
Old 05-27-2016, 04:44 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by lemonader83
https://youtu.be/kCPWo91hm3E and
(Watch in HD)

That's the furthest I've ever sent my Muggy on camera, but it's gone further! As they say, it never happened without proof, so there ya go....
Nah that's just what's said by those with the video to back them up. I'm happy to throw down another back flip at any time the weather permits & hopefully at some stage someone else will be there to operate the iPod. Might have to invest in a migit cam for the truck instead & show how it's mounted to back it up. If it's attached to the chassis well hopefully it'll last long enough to get some decent clips & wont unbalance things in the process. Not sure if the picture quality will be good enough has anyone else tried this & have any tips for the do's & don't's of it?
Old 05-27-2016, 05:56 PM
Tech Master

^^didnt mean it that way, please don't think I don't believe you guys!
Old 05-27-2016, 06:45 PM
Tech Adept

^^didnt mean it that way, please don't think I don't believe you guys!
My post was in general & nothing personal bro. Most of the people I know that are really into RC have absolutely no interest in making video recordings. If I can't do it really cheap or even better with what I've already got then it probably will never happen. Was talking to a friend who races about his thoughts about making video recordings & what he said can NOT be posted here.
Old 05-28-2016, 05:23 AM
Tech Master

Not to drag the topic out, but that was done with an iPhone and a fishing rod holder, so don't think it needs to be a GoPro strapped to your head and a video editing software plus twelve hours of cutting. Lots of people think recording is lame, and I get it. I just like watching videos, and enjoy making them, so add a truck in the air and I'm a happy camper...! To each their own...everybody has their "quirky" thing. I don't like racing, but I'm not going to go out of my way to drop turds on someone who does.
Old 05-28-2016, 06:06 AM
Tech Elite

Not to drag the topic out, but that was done with an iPhone and a fishing rod holder, so don't think it needs to be a GoPro strapped to your head and a video editing software plus twelve hours of cutting. Lots of people think recording is lame, and I get it. I just like watching videos, and enjoy making them, so add a truck in the air and I'm a happy camper...! To each their own...everybody has their "quirky" thing. I don't like racing, but I'm not going to go out of my way to drop turds on someone who does.
I think just like you . I enjoy filming for the slow motion : there is a real world in slow motion : you understand some things your naked eyes can't see ! you filmed in 240fps with your iPhone ? i'm searching a 240fps FULL HD camera . 240 fps continuously...
Old 05-31-2016, 12:17 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

25ft up 35 ft span. Savage flux hp. Wish I had video of that one. Did the same jump with my exo terra and wound up landing flat on its lid.
Old 06-01-2016, 08:22 AM
Tech Regular

Jumped my HPI Vorza around 20ft.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7yFQqa1aZw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6Kwp69ki-Q
Old 06-01-2016, 08:38 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by wesleyroy

Is that the Mamba Monster?
Old 06-02-2016, 01:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

How about this !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_cERyAs1vE
Old 06-02-2016, 06:31 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Tim3
Too many crash landings in that clip, unless that was the intention of making it. Don't know how others see it but IMHO if you can't drive it out on the initial touch down then it's a failed landing & I try it again until I can get it right. It took me 3 months to get a perfect back flip using a home made ramp which I don't think would be possible anywhere else. That's why I prefer to go out to a bmx track as we have several in Taranaki or the local motocross track if it's recently been groomed & not yet full of ruts which can swallow any 1/8 scale vehicle whole if you're not careful. Most of the people I know doing motocross are amazed how far these brushless vehicles can jump & usually stop what they're doing to watch. We watch the Supercross on Sky TV in NZ via Fox TV & Traxxas is one of their sponsors - do they break out the RC during the timeframes we don't get to see on TV?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.