Default Hpi Savage or Traxxas Revo

which truck is better to get
Old 12-18-2005, 05:46 PM
Tech Adept

that question has been argued long and hard
Maybe This link will help you with your search
Old 12-20-2005, 04:16 PM
Tech Initiate

What do you plan on doing? Bashing or racing?
Old 12-26-2005, 04:27 PM

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I think Falcon Lord was talking about this part

Look around, that question has been answered millions of times.

( savage = bashing --- Revo = racing)
Old 12-27-2005, 03:16 PM
Tech Adept

IMO depends on what you want to do. They are both great trucks, and a tough trucks. But if you are more looking to bash in the backyard or where ever the Savage is a great choice. But I still feel that HPI kinda ripped people off with the available engines, they are a little underpowered for racing. But that can be fixed, with a few upgrades, but you would have to lighten the truck as well, and adjust the supsenion.
Now the Revo, it too is great truck for bashing and racing. It is very tough, and the 2.5R engine is awesome. It comes already setup for racing, and it is a lighter stock as well. But in all honesty if you want a racing MT look into a Truggy type, like a Jammin X1 CRT or Mayhem MT.
Old 01-14-2006, 05:40 PM
Tech Elite

savage savage savage go with the 4.6 ss man its abit costly but its worth it
Old 01-14-2006, 05:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have a SAVAGE 4.6 SS. I bought it from my LHS for around $470.00 AU. I have had a few teething problems, but apart from that it has been well worth it.
Old 01-14-2006, 06:38 PM
Tech Adept

i personally wouldnt think about a savage. they are a pain in the ass to work on, and around my area parts are hard to come by. i own a revo and it is an awesome truck!! its not as easy to work on as a maxx but its deff better than a savage. all i do is bash, ive never raced never will. personally i think the revo owns. and its easy to drop a big block in if you want. the revo is a well built truck, and the suspension is awesome. ive heard the savage is pretty solid but its not worth it to me. and from my experience the 2.5R motor is a great motor to start out with
Old 01-14-2006, 07:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

most trucks have their good/bad points. TVP design of the Savage takes a little getting used to wrenching on but once you get it set right and fix the right stuff it wont matter because the Savage just does not break...

I actually think the Revo is a bigger pain to work on. Im selling my race revo now as we speak. Alot of people do well with the Revo racing it but I just could not get it to handle right for me. I got it already in full race trim, had I started with it in stock form I may have been able to get used to it better.

MGT, pretty nice truck. Doesnt get near the attention it should. Drives good, durable, parts available. Handles really well. Only weakness is the steering setup but the FT kit fixes it.

LST - Very fast. Handles really well. EASY to work on! 6 screws and the diff is out of the truck. The stock arms are considered weak but easily fixed and the LST2 takes care of it. Comes with the best motor and electronics of any in my opinion. I cant wait to race mine this summer. Looks even funner than my Hot Bodies Lightning Stadium Pro.

Dont worry about whats best. Get one and have fun.
Old 01-14-2006, 07:15 PM
Suspended

The savage is definently easier to work on than a revo, anyone who has ever done a set of diffs on both trucks knows what im talking about.The revo is definently faster and handles way better but the driveline is nowhere as strong.I have to agree with the guy who posted above me though, I also think the lst 2 is going to be the way to go!!the lst was/is very easy to work on and it handles like a champ, not to mention it is big block friendly Although if we are talking full blown race rig then a mugen truggy is the way im going!
Old 01-15-2006, 12:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I own a Savage SS and love that thing. I think it is easy to work on and the a lot of support in the realm of upgrades, mods, forums, and Bashers...

I have no opinion on the Revo.

Now the LST2 is a beast. My buddy just got one and loves it. He sold both a Savage and a TMAXX to get it. Now to give up 2 really nice looking mean trucks to get one... Well he says the LST2 is definitely worth it...

I love my Savage, I really don't wanna get rid of it, I was contemplating the LE, but I am adding an LST2 to my inventory instead...

If you go with the Savage definitely get the 4.6 or if you can score a LE (Limited Edition) roll with that as it has the 3 speed tranny... gotta get that upgrade right away if you pick any other Savage... Horizon Hobbies is still selling the LE for like 499.99 (as of 2 days ago)...
Old 01-15-2006, 09:03 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Both these trucks are good, but I think the Revo is far superior than the savage, if you take a minute to look over a Revo up close, you would see a truck that has been designed and engineered way better than the savage, Like everyone says Savage=basher Revo=Racer. I also think that if you buy a extended chassis for the Revo and slap in a big block, It could beat any truggy on the market today. Dont let the name Traxxas fool you, the Revo is the real deal and has been winning races (big races) all over the country
Old 01-15-2006, 09:30 AM
Tech Initiate

I own both both highly modded or basically to the max modded..The savage even has a Wasp .26, extend chasis.. buggy shock mod..everything..its a basher...thats all it is to me.

The Revo..has everything..getting ready to drop a RB 323 in it..which will be sick

the Revo will run circles around the savage on the track..I mean obliterate it.

So there you go like everyone else says..what do you want to do with your truck?? If your just getting into it and think you will only bash..Then savage..as I did, then I raced it and tried to make it work and gave up and bought the revo..best money I ever spent.

And now I have both..one for bashing one for racing..best of both worlds..savage was the first RC I owned..I plan on keeping it forever..You know NOSTALGIC?? LOL

Good Luck with your choice and congrats for at least getting something.
Old 01-15-2006, 02:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Savage all the way, had a t-maxx 2.5 and it was a total money pit
Old 01-15-2006, 02:22 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

There all money pits, you wanna play you gotta pay, also this guys talking about the revo not t-maxx, I have a t-maxx and its junk compared to the revo. Dont get me wrong I love my t-maxx, but it is what it is.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.