Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
New losi 1/5 monster truck >

New losi 1/5 monster truck

New losi 1/5 monster truck

Old 04-10-2016, 08:52 AM
Tech Regular

Another truck with the body jacked up 4" higher than the chassis. I'm probably the only one that thinks it looks dumb. I know if can probably be lowered, but it just looks stupid. The design of the body is ugly as well.
Old 04-10-2016, 09:54 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by maslin
After about 100 tanks doesn't that gas motor need some work/replacement too?
Yes parts do wear out but most are pretty easy to replace, sometimes just a simple ring replacement will make it run like new. Or replacement long block replacements are fairly cheap.
Old 04-10-2016, 09:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by superjoe5000
Another truck with the body jacked up 4" higher than the chassis. I'm probably the only one that thinks it looks dumb. I know if can probably be lowered, but it just looks stupid. The design of the body is ugly as well.
LOL I'm glad someone else said it but I totally agree. It seems there's almost no point to having a body when you can see everything under anyway. It's almost like who ever trimmed that body got a little scissor happy.
Old 04-11-2016, 02:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Cool truck!

Don`t understand all the complaining about the body shell though. It`s just a piece of thin lexan plastic. The chassii underneath (the actual truck) looks awesome.

Nitro/Gas vs. Electric... well look at all the dirt bikes, ATVs, overbuilt & lifted offroad vehicles that people have. All these require getting up your lazy butt and driving to a suitable location to use them. That commitment and little effort is part of the hobby.

Driving on your yard lawn or in the park gets old really fast anyways, no matter if it`s electric or nitro.

That being said...I think a useful improvement for gas but specially for nitro engines would be better noise silencers/pipes. Not for every vehicle but at least as an option part. For those rare times in a year when you do want to fire it up in your yard, or show friends, it would be nice to do so without annoying everyone else nearby.
Old 04-11-2016, 04:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

that ugly body though...

i wish i could be in the room when someone sets something like this on the table in front of everyone and they all say "yep, looks good. let's get it into production."
Old 04-11-2016, 07:38 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by superjoe5000

The early monster trucks that were based on 1:8 buggy chassii had this problem.
Such as the Ofna Pirate and Dominator. Could almost put your hand through between the shell and chassii.

Old 04-12-2016, 06:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

.......... GOOD JOB LOSI R&D ! ..............
****** Now this is a monster truck *****

Now, turning it into a truggy ***!
Old 04-12-2016, 08:29 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

To me a monster truck should have a bit shorter wheelbase, and possibly even a bit narrower. The truck looks more like a truggy on roids. Also, like others here I have never been a fan of low, flat chassis trucks with high mounted bodies.

Not all that bad though, but the short course 4x4 1/5 is just more appealing to me, and I am a monster truck kind of guy!
Old 04-13-2016, 02:07 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mrgrimm
The truck looks more like a truggy on roids.
Truggies on roids are the Gawdkings of RC, especially if they're flashlights! . At 17kg it will need some pretty hefty brushless power-plant though and like Ruud said, a small fortune in batteries..., but I still want one.
Old 04-13-2016, 04:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by mrgrimm
To me a monster truck should have a bit shorter wheelbase, and possibly even a bit narrower. The truck looks more like a truggy on roids. Also, like others here I have never been a fan of low, flat chassis trucks with high mounted bodies.

Not all that bad though, but the short course 4x4 1/5 is just more appealing to me, and I am a monster truck kind of guy!

I am going to say without looking up specs, that it is the regular chassis - same diffs, motor shafts ect. except gearing. prob. just tires, body , body mounts. may be a different servo just a guess

I would like truggy tire and body and go brushless.
pepl. have done a buggy conversion already.
Old 04-13-2016, 05:35 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tim3
I am going to say without looking up specs, that it is the regular chassis - same diffs, motor shafts ect. except gearing. prob. just tires, body , body mounts. may be a different servo just a guess

I would like truggy tire and body and go brushless.
pepl. have done a buggy conversion already.
Extended chassis, wider a arms, bigger motor. Same diffs.
Old 04-13-2016, 06:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Dr_T
Truggies on roids are the Gawdkings of RC, especially if they're flashlights! . At 17kg it will need some pretty hefty brushless power-plant though and like Ruud said, a small fortune in batteries..., but I still want one.
You and me... and i have been looking at the rollers in Germany for the 5T
Old 04-13-2016, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ruudxd
In such high amp applications I am not sure if LiPo's are a one time purchase.
After about 100 charges I think the punch will be out of it?
With the new Graphene tech on lipos they say that consistent 900packs is the norm, and not the max!! :P
It's a new way of doing lipos, and for what i see they deliver like no others. And when they delivery it's REAL delivery constant..and not burning out and puffing like mad scientits!!

That graphene stuff is so hardcore that there is rumors of fisical possible 500ghz processor's instead of the teorical 5ghz (3ghz) we use with the todays "silicon" metal!!

New times ahead for sure... they even says it's stronger the Steel 100x....

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Let's hope the mountain does not give birth a mouse...like all new stuff coming out...

Those Graphene lipos are what we need for a 18kg brushless RC....

Time will tell if you will have Graphene chassis for the 5T's in a new future.....100x stronger the steel and even lighter then carbon. From what i read "graphene" is a derivated from "carbon"...

Last edited by targetingxmod; 04-13-2016 at 07:07 AM.
Old 04-15-2016, 09:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have a set ( 2 x Turnigy Graphene 5000mAh 4S 65C Lipo Pack w/XT90 connector) coming for a 30cc PITTS PYTHON conversion I am building. 8s.
I will see how they hold up.
Old 04-18-2016, 11:26 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by MaxxGabriel
I really do not understand the thinking of the RC companies that put out vehicles in nitro/gas only.

1) The vast majority of people in the USA (and I would assume throughout the world) do not live in an area where nitro sounds and fumes are welcome. And a good portion of the country you are not legally allowed to run them.

2) They perform worse than electric.

Not one person I know will buy this truck. But the Xmaxx is selling great around here. This truck could be a top seller if they would put in a proper electric motor. Instead it will be a failure. Which is too bad, because it looks great other than the gas engine.
I agree.

It would be interesting if they made it in an electric version. I'll stick with my X-Maxx.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.