Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New to me lst roller brushless converted

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 11:32 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by FunnieKid
What made you switch to this instead of staying with your tricked out e-maxx?
I have always wanted one, it's slightly bigger and it holds way better in stock form than my emaxx. Granite my emaxx has so much money thrown in it it's more or less the same in durability now but I also find the losi a bit easier to work on. Changing diffs in the emaxx is such a pain but I have modified it to accept losi diffs, so that's a little easier. But the size of the xxl2 draws me to this truck more than anything. There is probably a qtr of the money in my losi than what's in that emaxx, and I have been trying to sell that thing for months and months, I feel like I am just giving it away now and no one wants it
Old 01-20-2017, 03:09 PM
Tech Regular

Same here, you have to spend almost the MRSP of the e-maxx, on upgrades alone to get it 6s durable.
Old 01-20-2017, 06:35 PM
Tech Regular

Here is my new hpi gtxl 1 xl body, seems to fit just well however it does feel thin. It's nothing like a proline body as far as how thick the lexan feels, and very flimsy. But time will tell, I will have to add some shoe gue and drywall tape in a good bit of this body to make it more durable. Other than, I think or looks great.

Old 01-21-2017, 05:31 AM
Tech Regular

I picked up a red xxl2e diff pulled from a rtr, is there any difference between that one and the HD diffs I put in here a while back? Should be the same right? Just checking as I only got one to replace the rear and it should be here later this afternoon
Old 01-21-2017, 09:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Yup the XXL2e diffs are HD, in fact all XXL diffs were from the factory if I'm not mistaken.

Still haven't sold the EMaxx huh? They can be a tough sell at times. Noobs would rather have new and stock because they don't believe they need to invest that much and more experienced guys don't trust others work. I'd part it out selling the good stuff individually. Then make a parts lot, you'd be surprised what parts lots go for on eBay.
Old 01-21-2017, 10:10 AM
Tech Regular

I have a hard time even selling stock e-maxx parts despite I want less than 50% mrsp. People are ignorant and they dont see the value in used parts. Mean while suckers on fleebay want 60 dollars for a stock e-maxx gearbox and 30 dollars each for stock diffs...lul.

Also coat that whole body in glue and drywall tape, coat it like you would coat your wi..Because you never know where a crack might appear, and then fix it with a piece of lexan on the in side and zip ties to keep it tight.

Also that freaking lxx look huge, I am not suprised if it is 50% larger than the e-maxx in terms of wheel base. I like your own custom solutions like esc plate as well.

What other custom parts will you feature on the truck?
Old 01-21-2017, 12:22 PM
Tech Regular

On my xxl the only thing is custom is swapping the battery tray to the front by just drilling new holes in the top plate. Added the was plate you see above, and also had to relocate the Rx box so I made a small plate for it also. On the other end n of things I have a custom trailer hitch that fits in the rear of thus truck to pull my trailer for my boat

She is getting a new rear diff as we speak then just need to send this motor off to traxxas and see what they can do for me.
Old 01-24-2017, 03:42 PM
Tech Regular

So I decided to just tape the entire inside of this body, it's still very flexible. I also backed the body with 2 layers of bedlinen spray. I did my proline body for my slash and only taped the areas where the body mounts to the towers. Both came out pretty well. I used a cheap paint mask for the 66 ford proline body, it didn't stick well over geometry changes in the body at all. Then I used a nice Parma paint mask for the hpi body, the supplied body pain mask for the windows seemed low quality tho, as it left adhesive on the windows that had to be removed. All n, all I think both bodies came out well and looked great on the trucks.

Now I just need to send off this 1717 for repair and she is ready. My slash just needs a mm2 and she is also ready!

Current condition of the losi body being used. Proline f-250 prep'd and painted the same way, body was previously used on my emaxx also.

Last edited by BuGgYBaShEr.28; 01-24-2017 at 03:54 PM.
Old 01-25-2017, 10:42 AM
Tech Regular

Nice truck dude. It looks big.

Last edited by DRTMI; 11-15-2017 at 07:05 AM.
Old 01-30-2017, 03:02 PM
Tech Regular

Alright so I sent this 1717 off this past Saturday and got a phone call today from traxxas, I was told that a magnet had come apart along with the balancing weight missing. They have some type of lifetime electronics warranty werevo the customer can receive 50% for the product trade. Pretty kewl since it's really hard getting these motors. So I originally paid $100 a few yrs ago for the motor, I'm getting it replaced for $130. Not bad I guess, either way it's my fault so I'm happy that she is finally ready to be back up and running. It's time to beat on this new shiny body too lol.

I had sent my mm2 that had crashed on me too back before new years to castle creations, and I am still waiting on them to have available stock to ship as we speak. So hats off to traxxas. And speaking off traxxas, I am no longer in the hands of my emaxx. So I am in the market for something new again! I'm really digging the kraton!
Old 01-30-2017, 03:09 PM
Tech Regular

It looks nice, but it could look nicer with some few mods such as wire loom on the wires. Also I am a bit worried by the long capacitors on the ESC that hangs out.
Old 01-30-2017, 04:41 PM
Tech Regular

Yah my previous setup had the wire loom, just felt lazy this go around. I did realize that after mounting the esc, it should probably be corrected now. Looks like I can slide the esc over a bit more center of the truck, my have to cut another plate but thanks I'll be sure to correct it.
Old 02-01-2017, 10:08 AM
Tech Regular

Talk about some fast service. So I mailed this out this past Saturday for my motor. Traxxas called Monday gave me the news and then shipped me a new motor. Tracking says it's expected to show up to my house by tmrw afternoon! Not even a week past by that's really awesome. So I'm in south Carolina, traxxas is based our of Texas so thats pretty good imo.
Old 02-03-2017, 02:19 AM
Tech Regular

So I took some time and made a solution for the esc hanging off the side of the truck. I started by just centering over the truck, then I figured out that I had a old battery tray laying around. I hacked that up to fit the esc better and now the capacitors are covered from underneath to help protect them. Haven't tested it out yet but seems like it will work pretty well.

I also got my replacement motor from traxxas, my motor did not have the back cover to which you can see the bearing. Does anyone happen to know why the bearing would be exposed in back ?

Old 02-16-2017, 09:50 AM
Tech Regular

Finally picked up a gps meter, the garmin 201 seems to be pretty popular in this hobby so I got one around 60bucks! I'm running 6s and with all the tire ballooning I was able to get 52mph.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.