Thunder Tiger MT4 G3 Newbie Mistake...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thunder Tiger MT4 G3 Newbie Mistake...

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2016, 07:42 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Thunder Tiger MT4 G3 Newbie Mistake...

I bought a brand new MT4 G3 from Ebay and it came with a single battery: Pro 3s 5200mah 50c lipo Battery.
As I need 2 of these, I decided to buy another one of them.

After researching, it appears that 6s will tear up my brand MT4 G3 pretty bad. I want to enjoy my G3 for at least a couple of months before I start investing in upgrades or repairs. Is that even possible when running 2 3s batteries?

Can anyone help me in how to setup my G3 to handle the 2 3s batteries in completely stock form yet at the same time, enjoy my RC. I'm not interested in speed runs...just want to bash it and do jumps.

FYI, I'm completely brand new to the RC world so any help would be appreciated.

Thank you
Old 03-10-2016, 09:22 PM
Tech Champion

I'd get a 4s pack to start with. 6s is too crazy for starters for sure. I guess you could even start with 3s, but it might be too tame. Honeslty, I wouldn't even think about 6s at this point..

Put 100k diff oil in the center, and maybe 10-30k front and rear.. If you plan on jumping a lot, you may want to look into a chassis brace mod of some sort.

Check out wondertiger.com for some good pointers for getting started. For ex. some little rubber o-rings around the axles to keep the pins from flying out... Etc.

I trimmed my body some so I could run it as low as possible - saves the body posts, and ultimately probably the body too..
Old 03-12-2016, 04:41 AM
Tech Rookie

There are a number of different type of 4s 5000MAH turnigy batteries:

As I can't post URL's yet, what type of connector should I be looking for that I can simply plug and play into my MT4 G3 without having to do any modifications ie. soldering or anything else of that nature?

Thank you
Old 03-12-2016, 08:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thom786
There are a number of different type of 4s 5000MAH turnigy batteries:

As I can't post URL's yet, what type of connector should I be looking for that I can simply plug and play into my MT4 G3 without having to do any modifications ie. soldering or anything else of that nature?

Thank you
i'd highly recommend learning to solder if you're planning on staying in the hobby for any length of time. i put it off and put it off, but eventually sucked it up, bought an high quality soldering iron and watched a ton of youtube videos. payed off! definitely worth it not to have to worry about adapters, or what battery comes with what plug....
Old 03-12-2016, 11:44 AM
Tech Champion

For the MT4 G3 you want Deans plugs.

I hate soldering and get by fine with adapters when necessary..(I only solder for emergency repairs..)