Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks
Losi lst xxl w/ .21 off road racing motor? >

Losi lst xxl w/ .21 off road racing motor?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi lst xxl w/ .21 off road racing motor?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2015, 05:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I bought a LST XXL with the losi 427 motor. I'm not sure when I will do it but the plan is to eventually drop a LRP into it. The only remaining question I can think of is; will the stock pipe and header work? Or do I need to purchase a new one?
Old 09-27-2015, 06:43 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wendling00
I bought a LST XXL with the losi 427 motor. I'm not sure when I will do it but the plan is to eventually drop a LRP into it. The only remaining question I can think of is; will the stock pipe and header work? Or do I need to purchase a new one?
I think the losi 427 is a rebranded lrp .28
Old 09-27-2015, 06:53 AM
Tech Champion

The LST 2 came with the orange Mach 427, which is a good engine. It's not a .28, but a .26(some say .27) The Losi Muggy and first-gen 8ights came with the "Losi 427", which had a silver head. Awesome engine... The successor to the LST2 was the XXL, and it came with the 454, which is a rebadged LRP Spec 3. I.e. the Mach 427 is not a rebadged Spec 3. Very similar engines though. The 427 has slightly less oomph down low, but revs great. The LRP Spec 3/454 is a great engine in an LST, almost like it was made for it. But the LRP ZR.30X manages to be better - at least for people like me who like silly power. But as I've pointed out before, the main thing, even more important than the extra power IMO, is the better, insulated carb on the ZR.30X. It idles like a higher end buggy race engine. Very, very nice engine for the money IMO.

As for pipes, the LST2 and first-gen XXL had the same pipe, which is excellent, and will also be very good on the ZR.30X. I never ran the stock pipe on my 30 though. I've always had a JP-4 on there(with the LST header, which you do need..) The stock Losi HD pipe is a good all-around pipe though. The only thing is you need an LST header.

And make sure you don't get an Aftershock pipe - they were junk.
Old 09-27-2015, 05:08 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Thanks again. The 427 that is in it has some damage to the piston and sleeve. It runs but not as well as it should. Rather then put any money into it, I figured I would just replace it soon.