R/C Tech Forums

Sponsored by:
Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Monster Trucks

Like Tree26Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-10-2017, 01:45 AM   #1996
Tech Regular
 
wesleyroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The Hague, Holland, The Netherlands, Europe
Posts: 269
Default

Oh thats a bummer, a loose grub screw seems to be a common problem, because they werent treadlocked out of the factory. Just check your grub screws of your shafts and your wheelnuts.

To bad for that hole in the tyre, mine was cut but only after i had the truck for 1,5 years and driven a lot.

Dont know anymore if the slipper clutch was plastic, mine is a metal locknut, but could be ive changed it after a while.

I also used treadlock on the slipper clutch locknut.
wesleyroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 06:22 PM   #1997
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 27
Default

Thanks wesleyroy. Is the slipper like on the traxxas: full tight then 1/4 turn loose as a starting point?
ejfiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 02:40 AM   #1998
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Posts: 14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejfiii View Post
Thanks wesleyroy. Is the slipper like on the traxxas: full tight then 1/4 turn loose as a starting point?
NO! Unlike Traxxas, these slippers actually work lol. I broke my input shaft the first time I adjusted the slipper, I hardly put any pressure and broke it! I was so used to having to crank it down super tight with the emaxx/revo, and you might be too.

Just "tighten" it and drive, make adjustments as needed. Just don't crank it down lol.

https://youtu.be/ekRafwrKdeM
continuecrushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 06:40 AM   #1999
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhinoC View Post
I finally took a short video to show the finished steering upgrade. Here is a link to view the "No servo saver MOD" for my XXL2E - It's turning absolutely amazing now... Running dual Spektrum S6290 servos - NO SERVO SAVERS with Integy 16mm horn - 2 washers increasing the height to mate perfectly with the standard linkage. Also running a Mamba X so I could run high voltage 8V to the servos (or you could use a BEC with standard ESC and achieve the same or better results).
overview of mod:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mz_4uly15gY
showing turning on the ground:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l3q05hvZCtY
and finally an overview of the trucks mods thus far:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zsUXCBev9k

Thanks Overdriven for the guidance.
Hello!
I wanted to see how your steering mod is holding up to any bashing? They taking a good beating yet, and if so, break anything?
Murphy_097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 09:47 AM   #2000
Tech Initiate
 
RhinoC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: San Clemente, CA.
Posts: 48
Default servo upgrade with no servo saver mod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy_097 View Post
Hello!
I wanted to see how your steering mod is holding up to any bashing? They taking a good beating yet, and if so, break anything?
The servo upgrade and no servo saved mod have by far been the most noticeable upgrade I have done. The truck is so nimble now...
There is a nice outdoor short course track very close to home and I found myself having a blast racing a buddy's Nero and Kraton (never thought I would enjoy side by side racing so much) and unlike when I only bashed the handling became more important than ever before. That being said I found myself losing to the Kraton (me on 5S and him on 6S) but knew I could beat him if I could just get the handling down. The truck was struggling to make some of the corners but Once I upgraded the steering I consistently ripping around track beating anyone in my path... The truck is very dialed in now and I could not be happier. I don't just race though... I'm a basher at heart and I have broken just about every part on the truck at one time or anther. That said I have taken it for some hard bashings since I did the servo upgrade and no saver mod. All I can say is it has had no issues yet and I have defiantly beat it harder than most. I was nervous for the first few drives but have really smashed it several times now and its holding up beautifully.

My build consists of: RC raven springs, Mamba X ESC, Castle 2200KV motor, RPM A arms, Boca bearings, dual S6290 Ultra Speed, HV, Servo's, Lunsford turnbuckles, HD diff cups, HPI pins all around, aluminum Spindles, aluminum shock caps, and 17MM hex adapters with Trenchers for the track and trencher X for basing... (oh yea and integy 16MM aluminum steering horn)
__________________
Losi Ten-SCTE Troy Lee, Losi XXL2E, Losi 8ight-T E 3.0
RhinoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 09:07 AM   #2001
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 50
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhinoC View Post
The servo upgrade and no servo saved mod have by far been the most noticeable upgrade I have done. The truck is so nimble now...
There is a nice outdoor short course track very close to home and I found myself having a blast racing a buddy's Nero and Kraton (never thought I would enjoy side by side racing so much) and unlike when I only bashed the handling became more important than ever before. That being said I found myself losing to the Kraton (me on 5S and him on 6S) but knew I could beat him if I could just get the handling down. The truck was struggling to make some of the corners but Once I upgraded the steering I consistently ripping around track beating anyone in my path... The truck is very dialed in now and I could not be happier. I don't just race though... I'm a basher at heart and I have broken just about every part on the truck at one time or anther. That said I have taken it for some hard bashings since I did the servo upgrade and no saver mod. All I can say is it has had no issues yet and I have defiantly beat it harder than most. I was nervous for the first few drives but have really smashed it several times now and its holding up beautifully.

My build consists of: RC raven springs, Mamba X ESC, Castle 2200KV motor, RPM A arms, Boca bearings, dual S6290 Ultra Speed, HV, Servo's, Lunsford turnbuckles, HD diff cups, HPI pins all around, aluminum Spindles, aluminum shock caps, and 17MM hex adapters with Trenchers for the track and trencher X for basing... (oh yea and integy 16MM aluminum steering horn)
Awesome! Glad to hear it, because I've just installed a servo on one of my many LST's, w/o servo saver... The only thing that makes me nervous about it is I've installed aluminum bellcranks, so it's all gonna be on the servo itself, lol! The servo I've installed is an Alturn USA, off of eBay, and it's the $33 dollar one. Not a bad servo for the money, considering the specs, and that it's sold exclusively by a US seller. Anyways, I'll report back once I've run this set up for a bit.
Thanks for the detailed SITREP too!
Murphy_097 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 02:40 PM   #2002
Tech Regular
 
wesleyroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The Hague, Holland, The Netherlands, Europe
Posts: 269
Default

SOme testing with my new Louise rc uphill tyres. Like them a lot, they seem to balloon less then the stock tyres. And they have a lot of grip especially on grass.

Dont look at the big turning radius, i was driving with one hand and (steering with my tumb) so i was taking it slow in the corners.

jump & crash
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKpilO4rQUw

backflip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seIWPZVBdqM

flatout
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1RLF0IMC7g

Last edited by wesleyroy; 09-12-2017 at 02:55 PM.
wesleyroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 03:12 PM   #2003
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Sweden
Posts: 240
Default

They sure don't balloon so much, probably less than prolines which balloon ALOT. I might try the louise RC in the future if I even build a second truck. Also congrats to the top kick body it looks dope and like a real truck not like an ugly truggy or buggy .
FunnieKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 10:39 PM   #2004
Tech Regular
 
wesleyroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: The Hague, Holland, The Netherlands, Europe
Posts: 269
Default

Thanks. And because of the fact the tyres dont balloon so much. My t-bone wheely bar finally acts like a wheelybar. At first it flipped over all the time even with the tbone wheelybar.
wesleyroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:19 AM   #2005
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Sweden
Posts: 240
Default

The t-bone wheelie bar is not effective, mine was flipping over as well. Now I run center diff so I don't have any wheelies, which is good.
FunnieKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:18 PM   #2006
Tech Initiate
 
RhinoC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: San Clemente, CA.
Posts: 48
Default center diff

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunnieKid View Post
The t-bone wheelie bar is not effective, mine was flipping over as well. Now I run center diff so I don't have any wheelies, which is good.
What spur gear and pinion are you running? also what center diff did you use? Do you like the center diff? I have the michael myers center diff conversion ready to be installed but just have not had the time yet. also what are running 4S 5S or 6S?
__________________
Losi Ten-SCTE Troy Lee, Losi XXL2E, Losi 8ight-T E 3.0
RhinoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 02:59 PM   #2007
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Sweden
Posts: 240
Default

I don't have an xxl . But I comment anyways. I think you can use any 1/8 scale center diff, but I would recommend HPI vorza or trophy and hobao/ofna hyper 7 and spider diff. Try to get 48t spur to these differentials in order to use smaller pinion gear. I have no clue on driveshaft lenght as it is difficult to find the right ones since some brands measure the lenght pin to pin (hpi), and others the total lenght (ofna/hobao). But center diff is dope, it changes the feel of the truck, I run 100k oil in mine so I don't have any wheelies.

My truck is geared for 62 mph and I use 12t pinion and 48t spur with 6.65 inch tires. Diff gear is 3.301. With a big and heavy truck like the xxl I would personally get a castle 1717 or a leopard 4092 1480kv or even a poseidon 1500kv (106mm can) .

Use this to experiment with gear ratios:
R/C Calculations
FunnieKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 07:01 PM   #2008
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: St.louis mo
Posts: 106
Default

I use borax diffs as well but I do have a diff from a 8ight T that has fixed outdrives so it might not be able to work well with most conversions
__________________
Tc3 tc4 tc6 sprint2 custom flm rustler 2 pedes sc10 rc8.2 mt4-G3 8ight-T
3 custom crawlers and 2 losi lst's
grabbem88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 06:29 AM   #2009
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Posts: 166
Default NEW 1/8 LST 3XL-E

heads up!

Red RC ? RC Car News Losi 1/8 LST 3XL-E 4WD RTR monster truck
Overdriven and vettehigh like this.
Eryx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2017, 06:47 AM   #2010
Tech Regular
 
vettehigh's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: NY
Posts: 351
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eryx View Post
Believe it costs $1200...that good or bad??
__________________
TEKNO MT410
*Special thanks to member Revolauncher for the builds*
vettehigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:48 AM.


Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net