Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New T Maxx 3.3

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2015, 05:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Got to run 2 more tanks through it today. Pretty good time.. According to the TQi it is running HOT so I quit running it until I can hit it with a gun and see for sure.. Still had a good time but did make a mess as the grass was wet and freshly cut...

Now I am looking at adding another to the collection. Thinking probably an electric Slash or Rustler. Getting just the entry level one and will upgrade it later. This will give me something else I can run when I want to let the Nitro cool for a bit.
Old 05-11-2015, 02:40 AM
Tech Regular

Yea definitely get a temp gun, they are usually more accurate than the onboard set ups are. If it's running hot richen the high end a bit, that should help it out. Pretty cool the TQi uses bluetooth now, I didn't know that. Us Android users will appreciate that for sure

For the suspension on mine I use the inner most holes for more ground clearance with 4 Associated MGT copper springs on the outer corners and 4 Lunsford titanium T Maxx springs on the insides. I have 1 thick preload on each shock and a few thinner ones on the 4 rear shocks. I use 45 weight oil out front and 50 weight out back. My T Maxx is much heavier than a stocker is but something similar might be alright for a stock one. I'd go with some heavier oil in the shocks first if tuning your suspension as Traxxas uses light oil in there from the factory, 30 weight I think it is. Some like lighter oil OK but most prefer something a little heavier. Start around 40 weight or so and work up if you want to. Don't go too heavy though or the truck will bounce all over the place. Then mess with the pre load, springs, and shock positions if you feel you need to. As stated before check out the manual about that stuff, it explains in detail what effects different positions will have and all that.

For servos I'd recommend Savox for budget, and Hitec for high end. Anything with over 200 oz of torque will do.

I'm in the same boat, looking to get a Stampede 4x4 pretty soon for nitro down time. The Rusty is a cool little truck and will really haul in brushless form.
Old 05-11-2015, 02:44 PM
Tech Rookie

I'm not going to start brushless but will most likely end up there. I am going to tinker with what I have (unless I find a GREAT deal) and keep my eyes open for what I want to build to really beat on.
Old 05-11-2015, 06:17 PM
Tech Elite

pics or ...